Had a good laugh on that one KCC.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Champions AKA Duo Biao

Champions" is about an underdog wushu athlete (played by Dicky
    Cheung) who takes part in a martial arts tournament in order
    represent China in a martial arts performance at an Olympic
    Games so as to win the heart of a national sprinter, the girl
    he's in love with. "Champions" showcases various schools of martial arts ranging from Praying Mantis Boxing through Eagle Claw to Tai chi.

IMDB listing

Youtube trailer

I'm downloading a copy of it now.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Sounds good Yao, even some stuff for the wimens. (you mentioned the "L" word) I hope I can get my hands on this one.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Shhh, I'll send you an .avi file (or burn a DVD and snail mail) after the download completes if you have trouble getting a copy.

Of course that's just a backup copy for the one you purchase so you can keep the original pristeen.

Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

By the looks of the trailer, lots of action for sure.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

yu shan the thread killer

does it again. You sir, are the last word on any and all subjects.

Yea I saw that Yao.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

peace. i live in buffalo but spend all my extra time in toronto's chinatown(spadina area) and i buy every kung fu and martial arts movie that comes out. champions is a very good movie and the 7 star is very decent and eagle claw. the chinese name is duo biao and it came out in late 2008 but i got it a month ago. it stars ****y cheung and miu tse and some others. very good movie check it out. also check out red cliff 2. better then the first one and the first one was really good. i would like to think i have one of the best collection of martial arts movie from japan, korea, and china(mainland, hk) movies in my area. so if you guys are every looking for a review or a title name just let me know.

wow for some reason it wont let me post the star's first name ****? well he is also known as Wai Kin Cheung

ha, we went thru that earlier in the thread sho nuff.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

lol! i should of read more of the other posts

You must be an old timer in Ba Bu Sho Nuff. I learned Qi-Shou form and the two-man form. I know a lot of higher ups that give this little form mucho respects. It has some great fighting in it.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

no no not at all brother. im actually new to 8 step but have a little 7 star under my belt. i took a few 8 step classes from a great sifu and person in my area and thankfully im returning to training with them. my true back ground in tcma are wing chun. which i come from the moy yat/ yip man lineage, hung gar/choy lay fut. hung is from wfh and choy lay fut is hung sing, yang style tai chi sword. and i have taken classes of many styles including baquazhang(i love it), mizong, long fist, 5 animal, 5 element fist. but in high school i did 3 years of aikido and bushido-kai karate and wing chun. i learned 7 star from 3 different sifu's so i have a few different flavors of the same forms like bung bo. im very young im 25 but god willing 8 step is where my true training will start and end.

see in buffalo there really is not any kung fu at all left . my wing chun as a child started with a sifu who stop teaching when i was about 13 and my advanced learning came from a school in rochester ny. thankfully my older kung fu brother moved her because he had family in this area and wanted to get out of violent rochester and he continue to teach me. i dont claim to be a chunner anymore but we still do cross hands and spar in the wing chun fashion when we can. this is a karate and tae kwon do town and more recent mma. most of the ''karate'' schools in the area are not even japanese they are tang soo do korean karate, so the level of skill is not really even that high due to teachers not even knowing there own lineage. most of my training in the last few years have come from canada do to the close distance and i would still be training there if my school called golden tiger had not closed down. if i would not have gotten back in contact with the sifu here i would be training in toronto either with sifu rupert doing tai chi mantis or this other sifu northern shaolin and white crane.

champions

gene i looked through the first 3 pages on this forum and couldn't find the thread.

i saw this movie. i have to say I liked it. except for the musical part in the beginning (which i am sure the bollywood king gene would love ) everything else was good.

some of the fight scenes were eh, but for the most part they were nice. eagle vs mantis i likes. even though it was more the "wushu" form of the animals, which i totally suspected, it was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

like I said...dependable merge fu...

It was on page 3, SLL. That's one too many suplexes to the head there...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart