Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Champions....

Champions....

Hey Gene,

Not sure if you've seen this I did a check & I couldn't find it on the forum unless I missed it or it's under a diffrent name. I just wanted to give the guy's on the forum a heads up on this movie. It takes place in 1936 when China made it's very first mark in the Olympic games. 11 martial arts performers are sent to participate in the berlin Oylmpic games. Even though the martial arts was not a competitive event, they stunned the audience and created a kung fu frenzy in Europe. there was some really good kung fu Northern Mantis, Northern Eagles Claw & Tai Chi theres some wire work in the movie but and all and it was enjoyable,worth checking out....
    Last edited by RAYNYSC; 02-08-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: type o
    RAYNYSC

If you like movies that have Northern Mantis in it check out Champions....

I just wanted to give the guy's on the forum a heads up on this movie. It takes place in 1936 when China made it's very first mark in the Olympic games. 11 martial arts performers are sent to participate in the berlin Oylmpic games. Even though the martial arts was not a competitive event, they stunned the audience and created a kung fu frenzy in Europe. there was some really good kung fu Northern Mantis, Northern Eagles Claw & Tai Chi theres some wire work in the movie but and all it was enjoyable,worth checking out....
    RAYNYSC

I can't wait to see this. It has Diky Cheung, Rongguang Yu and Xie Miao, Jet Li's kid from The Enforcer and New Legend of Shaolin.

I've only seen a few minutes of the action, but it hit the spot for me. More so than any movie has for awhile. Nice to see the oldschool shapes back again. The only place I get to see shapes these days is in TV shows, mostly with ****y Cheung. Now if they could just get rid of those wires. Luckily it doesn't look like they overdid it in this movie, though it would be way better without the wires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpt6p...eature=related
    Last edited by jethro; 02-09-2009 at 01:45 AM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

actually......

yea there is another thread. how do i know? i started it

couldn't find that thread, doug

my search fu is off this morning. if you find it, post it here. my merge fu is always dependable.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Where can you get it

When was it made etc?

Hey Ray

Thanks for the call, great to talk. Remember sir I am in Tennessee, aint no good CMA movie releases here. I will ask my student Ms. Lin to look for this next time she goes back home to NYC. Can you tell us more about Champions? Sounds great!

Go Mets!

Jim
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Hey KwaiChangCaine,

Not sure when it was made but as far as I know it just came out here in N.Y. With in the last month or so....
    RAYNYSC

Need a little more to go on

Youve got my interest but "Champion " is a pretty common movie title can't find it with just this to go on on Amazon.

can you give some more info so I can hunt it down?

Picked up the movie last night . haven't watched it yet though. you can try doing a search on the actor's names.

They are ****y Cheung, Tze Miu, Priscilla Wong and Debbie Goh. The DVD distributor is Sun Jian media corporation. Hope this helps.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING YOUR BODY

ok, the first name was not allowed to print. it is the common nickname for richard with the y at the end.

Thanks loki, too bad you gotta cover yourself like that. I have been trying to find something on this champions but nothing. But Ray gave me a call to tell me about the flick.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Hello yushan, i don't understand what you mean by "covering yourself" but i'm glad you got the info you needed.

When you had to explain the "first name".

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Too Funny

Loki thanks for the info, hope all is well.

You know I used to laugh at the **** Van Dyke Show.... Great guitarist that ****ie Betts....