Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find real kung fu practitioners on youtube?

Well if I don't see any links regarding the discussions of these clips being supposedly choreographed (which may or may not have been the case) then I am going to assume that they were not choreographed but were fought under specific rules and conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post

You can "remind" them by sending a team of them to China!
    LMFAO, been there, done that... also beat guys from Brazil, Russia, Romania, Mongolia, Lebannon, Egypt, Korea and Taiwan...

CLOWN

Unlike you I am not here to promote myself
    TRANSLATION - despite talking crap all day long, he doesn't even have the balls to put up a clip of himself because he knows that if he does the entire forum will fall off their seats from laughter
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    after a quick look at this, I noticed this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQF5cLQSU1Q

"Phil" (I assume that is his name?) doing a realy nice Tien Shan Pai set (actually one that a lot of Goh's students used to do, that I always liked)

Yes that is his name. He does his forms really well. I hope to be as good as him some day.

Many of the different moves we learn as well are not legal in sparing. Even though I am low rank, our first kick (snap kick) you can't do as it is meant to be a hit to the balls I would say this is one reason why spars look the way they do.

haha I always find it funny how...somehow... most threads turn into Hardwork vrs hehe.

Anyway glad you enjoy his films. As I go up the ranks I may (MAY) be brave enough to post my own videos of me sparing my roommate.

I am at no level to do so now though
    Last edited by Exadon; 02-12-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exadon View Post

Also in my classes they do not allow sweeps in sparing. I would say this is one reason why spars look the way they do.
    Sifu Goh has had a ton of guys doing sanshou/sanda (where the sweep is obviously legal). Dana Rucker won an event in Beijing on the Lei Tai. Basic is what works and Goh's have strong basics.

Those who suggest "secrets" or "real stuff" make for fights are CLOWNS (I won't mention Hardwork because you already know who the CLOWN is!)

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Sifu Goh has had a ton of guys doing sanshou/sanda (where the sweep is obviously legal). Dana Rucker won an event in Beijing on the Lei Tai. Basic is what works and Goh's have strong basics.
    That is pretty awesome. I wish I was there back in the day.

And I Love Goh's School. Glad to hear so many great stories from(or about) previous students.
    Last edited by Exadon; 02-12-2009 at 08:52 PM.

LMFAO, been there, done that... also beat guys from Brazil, Russia, Romania, Mongolia, Lebannon, Egypt, Korea and Taiwan...

CLOWN
    Very good can you post us the videos of your guys' performance against a Chinese team. I am not saying that they did not happen because well good kickboxing is good kickboxing, but I would like to see it for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    TRANSLATION - despite talking crap all day long, he doesn't even have the balls to put up a clip of himself because he knows that if he does the entire forum will fall off their seats from laughter
    No the translation is that I show you for what you are which is a glorified kickboxer here to market your kickboxing gym and hence you attack me in every thread you can doing your best to use lies and ridicule to character assassinate me.

And when that doesn't work you run crying to Gene and complain about me. Yes I can see the size of your "balls"(or is it your fat belly?) from all the way here in Colombia. You poor sad thing.

Are you really in Columbia? I have students there... maybe they can visit you and you can show them your "real authentic kung fu" Where are you in Columbia, and remember that I have students that will go an check....

haha I always find it funny how...somehow... most threads turn into Hardwork vrs hehe.
    Hello Exadon,

If you go back further in the thread then you will see who it was who started this. To see why then read my last post.

I see that you are still doing your best to promote kickboxing and your own kickboxing business here in the kung fu forum.

Well here is some REAL Sanda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Acod...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzyDC...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVfXd...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icULv...eature=related
    just curious... in your opinion, what makes Liu Hai Long's style and technique any more 'authentic' than say the other fighters? Is it because he is chinese?

the point is, those san shou matches looks pretty much like all san shou matches looks like.

you also mention sending teams to china to learn more 'authentic' MA. I think you will be dissappointed to know that the fighters in china train pretty much the same way as that lkfmdc said his guys (and allot of other glorified kickboxers all over the world) train.

you should really do yourself a favor and visit HK and China and see how authentic it gets.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Hello Exadon,

If you go back further in the thread then you will see who it was who started this. To see why then read my last post.

haha I am not taking sides. Just pointing out that is was funny. I am not sure why it is always a hardwork vrs all scene. I try to stay out of it.

Forum drama never ends well. Sometimes (from what I hear) it even ends up in a male vrs female street fight!

and a p.s. clearly my opinion never means much...I am asking about horse stances and so on. I am just someone looking for more information. I hope to study many styles of chinese kung fu and wushu.
    Last edited by Exadon; 02-12-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

just curious... in your opinion, what makes Liu Hai Long's style and technique any more 'authentic' than say the other fighters? Is it because he is chinese?
    The two obvious answers are
    1) he's a troll, looking to troll
    and
    2) he's an idiot who can't even tell a fake match when he's staring at it

Run over to the wing chun forum where he put up the original retarded clip and see what happened over there, ie OWNED AGAIN!

I think you will be dissappointed to know that the fighters in china train pretty much the same way as that lkfmdc said his guys (and allot of other glorified kickboxers all over the world) train.
    Well, considering comments from guys from major national teams like Iran's and Egypt's who have trained with me, many think I train my guys BETTER

you should really do yourself a favor and visit HK and China and see how authentic it gets.
    He'd have to leave mom's basement

Very good can you post us the videos of your guys' performance against a Chinese team. I am not saying that they did not happen because well good kickboxing is good kickboxing, but I would like to see it for myself.
    you should look into san shou world cup and world champs fighters from Russia, Iran and even Korea too. Pretty good san shou comming from non Chinese fighters.

I spent two weeks trainign with the Korean guys in Beijing and while their style and fighting approach might be different to the chinese guys, these guys are pretty good too.

Iran's fighter is a demon, and Russia's fighter (Muslim) is the King of San Da. Hes also only around 23/24 years old, so I doubt that I spent 20 years perfecting his authentic style.
    得 心 應 手

haha I am not taking sides. Just pointing out that is was funny. I am not sure why it is always a hardwork vrs all scene.

you noticed that didn't you? that the ENTIRE FORUM finds him a CLOWN

The two obvious answers are
    1) he's a troll, looking to troll
    and
    2) he's an idiot who can't even tell a fake match when he's staring at it

Run over to the wing chun forum where he put up the original retarded clip and see what happened over there, ie OWNED AGAIN!

Well, considering comments from guys from major national teams like Iran's and Egypt's who have trained with me, many think I train my guys BETTER

He'd have to leave mom's basement
    I meant no disrespect tho.

I was on a SS trainers course in Wuhan last april with the Egypt national team coaches.

San shou is pretty simple. if you train hard, you should reap the rewards.

The Chinese team is good, but remember a few things ...

1 - they train professionally, doing nothing but training.
    2 - there are millions of fighters that ty out, only the TOP few ever make it to become popular. Their pool is bigger, so they get to show only the very few talented fighters. Theer are many talented fighters tho.

the rest well, there are no un realistic claims in China re fighting
    得 心 應 手

2001 World Sanshou 85kg -
    1st JAFARI KHORASANI Mohammad Rez (IRAN)

Did you know that year before, in Iran, he lost national championships to Yousef Taghizadeh? But he went to worlds because Yousef defected to the US, and trained with me

I have had three guys from Egypt team training here. One guy from Brazil team, one guy from Romanian team, etc...

No secrets, no BS, just hard work, but many think my training program is even better, and remember that in addition to San Shou/San da we also have champions in Thai boxing and MMA

But I'm not Chinese.....