Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find real kung fu practitioners on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

But I'm not Chinese.....
    you cant be that good then. everyone knows that unless you're an old homeless chinese sifu, you dont have the real skill

I bet I can chi sau the living daylights out of you!
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

JAFARI KHORASANI is the iranian coach now. I shook his hand at the worlds in Beijing. You could see in his eyes that he is a REAl fighter.

Man! there are so many people in this world that i wouldnt want to mess with. Most of them (if not all), probably dont have authentic kung fu and are probably just glorified kickboxers.
    得 心 應 手

just don't go Chris Brown on me
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

just don't go Chris Brown on me
    As long as you don't call yourself Rihanna, I don't think you'd need to worry.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

LMFAO, been there, done that... also beat guys from Brazil, Russia, Romania, Mongolia, Lebannon, Egypt, Korea and Taiwan...
    I still remember Rich Acosta versus that Mongolian (the crazy one that fought like 3 times that day)...d@mn, that was a good fight...
    Rich was definitely doin his thing...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    Here's an example of real kung fu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE6e2NVHScA
    best post of the thread. if i remember correctly, doesnt charles wilson practice some sort of shaolin kungfu? this is kungfu in mma, as close as real life application of kungfu as your probably going to see on youtube, (not counting sanshou, but i just consider mma to be closer to an actual fight. ill give sanshou without big ol gloves and headgear a close runner up to mma) until more kungfu guys start posting their mma vids.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Are you really in Columbia? I have students there... maybe they can visit you and you can show them your "real authentic kung fu"
    Christ, that is what was missing in the world a Glorified Kickboxing Multinational company.

Quote Originally Posted by ikfmdc
    Where are you in Columbia, and remember that I have students that will go an check....
    It is a pity that your students did not teach you to spell the name of their country properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    just curious... in your opinion, what makes Liu Hai Long's style and technique any more 'authentic' than say the other fighters? Is it because he is chinese?
    I find that the Chinese fighters have a more relaxed and more flowing techniques as compared to for example the Japanese Kyokushin guys.

The same is true when I compared them to Ikfmdc's fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    the point is, those san shou matches looks pretty much like all san shou matches looks like.
    You are right but sometimes the kung fu is more apparent when one looks at certain fighters as opposed to others. Again I am talking about the relaxation and the flow of techniques that are associated with the internal side of kung fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    you also mention sending teams to china to learn more 'authentic' MA. I think you will be dissappointed to know that the fighters in china train pretty much the same way as that lkfmdc said his guys (and allot of other glorified kickboxers all over the world) train.
    I told him to send teams there to fight the San da fighters. However, San da is the kickboxing aspect of kung fu, ie. the ring fighting, but again I generally (not always) see more "flow" from the Chinese fighters.

That does not mean that this aspect will make them win all their fights against other ring fighters, just that this aspect shows the kung fu aspect of their "kickboxing".

[QUOTE=Eddieyou should really do yourself a favor and visit HK and China and see how authentic it gets.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, that is one of my goals in life.

My student is 5-1 in MMA fights and would be happy to see your "authentic kung fu?!" so WHERE ARE YOU
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Real kung fu

Dear all,
    Before this thread becoming another Hardwork vs other people, let us get back to the real issue - real kung fu.

wtf is real kung fu supposed to look like?

Imagine that you have spent several years learning German (TCM) and hoping that one day you may go to Germany (martial arts tournment). When you eventually arrive in Germany (tournament), you are expected to use what you have learnt in your class to communicate (fight) with the local German population (competitors). Would you abondon everything you have learnt in your German (TCM) classes and trying to communicate (fight) with other people with your self style sign language (untrained kick boxing/ boxing technques)?
    After a lot of confusion, misunderstanding and embrassement, the local German population eventually understand your self style sign language. Would you then go around the world and calling yourself an expert in German language (TCM) and start teaching other people German (TCM), despite the fact that you cannot speak and write a single sentence in German (applying a single technique in a fight)?
    The answer is no, because you may be an expert in your own self style sign language (self taught martial arts), but you are definitely not an expert in German (TCM).

TCM practitioners who have spent 4 -20 years training should be able to show some kung fu skills, instead of fighting like amatuer boxers and kick boxers.

This is not an insult. l too had fought like a human punching bag, boxer and kick boxer before I learnt any martial arts. After learning several different martial arts and spent several thousand hours training I still fought like a human punching bag, boxer and kick boxer. Does this not tell you that there is something seriously wrong with my martial arts training?
    I can only call myself a wing chun expert after demonstrating to myself that I can apply my wing chun technique in fights. At the moment I am still a beginner in wing chun.

watching too many old Shaw Bros. films?

Judo practitioners fight like how they were trained in judo tournaments.

Wrestlers fight like how they were trained in tournaments.

Boxers fight like how they were trained in tournaments.

Kick boxers fight like how they were trained in tournaments.

Thai boxers fight like how they were trained tournaments.

etc.

If those non TCM practitioners can apply what they have learnt in their classes in tournaments, then you would expect the TCM practitioners to do the same.

There are people who fight like the actors in Shaw Brother's films, but they are very small in number, e.g. the late sifu Wong Sheun Leung & sifu Yip Man.

If you are a real kung fu master then you do not need to hurt your weaker opponent inorder to defeat him, e.g.

Grandsmaster Yip Man defeated Sifu Wong Sheun Leung using wing chun techniques without hurting him.

Kung Fu DOES fight like it is trained, so long as you are not a form fairy.

My student is 5-1 in MMA fights and would be happy to see your "authentic kung fu?!" so WHERE ARE YOU
    The question is where is your student? I mean where the h&ll is columbia? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Dear all,
    Before this thread becoming another Hardwork vs other people, let us get back to the real issue - real kung fu.

wtf is real kung fu supposed to look like?

Imagine that you have spent several years learning German (TCM) and hoping that one day you may go to Germany (martial arts tournment). When you eventually arrive in Germany (tournament), you are expected to use what you have learnt in your class to communicate (fight) with the local German population (competitors). Would you abondon everything you have learnt in your German (TCM) classes and trying to communicate (fight) with other people with your self style sign language (untrained kick boxing/ boxing technques)?
    After a lot of confusion, misunderstanding and embrassement, the local German population eventually understand your self style sign language. Would you then go around the world and calling yourself an expert in German language (TCM) and start teaching other people German (TCM), despite the fact that you cannot speak and write a single sentence in German (applying a single technique in a fight)?
    The answer is no, because you may be an expert in your own self style sign language (self taught martial arts), but you are definitely not an expert in German (TCM).

TCM practitioners who have spent 4 -20 years training should be able to show some kung fu skills, instead of fighting like amatuer boxers and kick boxers.

This is not an insult. l too had fought like a human punching bag, boxer and kick boxer before I learnt any martial arts. After learning several different martial arts and spent several thousand hours training I still fought like a human punching bag, boxer and kick boxer. Does this not tell you that there is something seriously wrong with my martial arts training?
    I can only call myself a wing chun expert after demonstrating to myself that I can apply my wing chun technique in fights. At the moment I am still a beginner in wing chun.

watching too many old Shaw Bros. films?

Judo practitioners fight like how they were trained in judo tournaments.

Wrestlers fight like how they were trained in tournaments.

Boxers fight like how they were trained in tournaments.

Kick boxers fight like how they were trained in tournaments.

Thai boxers fight like how they were trained tournaments.

etc.

If those non TCM practitioners can apply what they have learnt in their classes in tournaments, then you would expect the TCM practitioners to do the same.

There are people who fight like the actors in Shaw Brother's films, but they are very small in number, e.g. the late sifu Wong Sheun Leung & sifu Yip Man.

If you are a real kung fu master then you do not need to hurt your weaker opponent inorder to defeat him, e.g.

Grandsmaster Yip Man defeated Sifu Wong Sheun Leung using wing chun techniques without hurting him.
    Thank you!

A very good post.

The reason that we don't see most "kung fu" people fighting kung fu in a way that does not resemble kickboxing, is because kung fu takes longer to gain expertise in than many other MAs. It is profound and not easy to learn (nor to teach, for that matter).

This is not necessarily a good thing if you are looking to win medals in fighting tournaments or if you need to be an effective fighter in a relatively short time (eg, police or military personnel) but if you want to learn an effective and rich martial art that will help you on many levels, then it is the perfect art(s).

The fact is that most people who claim to practice or have practiced kung fu are nothing more than glorified kickboxers. That fact holds true for the majority of "kung fu" exponents who post here as well. You will know that without having to see their YouTube "performances" as everything can be seen clearly from their posts.

HW108
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 02-13-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Kung Fu DOES fight like it is trained, so long as you are not a form fairy.
    Agreed 100%.

Hardwork,
    You are right about the flow thing, but I’m afraid you are generalizing and stereotyping.

At Wuhan Tiyuan the coach, Mr Liao, kept repeating the same thing , fang song, fang li 放松,放力 , which basically means relax, release power. Actually even in CLF we use what thet call “ Relaxed power”, so this is basic to most CMA (I don’t know abut other styles).

The thing is though, I’ve met many Non Chinese guys who can do this better than some Chinese fighters. Not every Chinese student will be able to understand it just because he is Chinese, and just because someone is American doesn’t mean he wont get it either.

But to be honest, this concept is NOT unique to Wushu (Kung Fu or CMA) at all. While I do agree that some styles are much more rigid than others, perhaps its not so wise to generalize about all styles. Wc for example, appears to be less … erm.. flowery than say northern mantis. They are both Chinese.
    得 心 應 手