Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: how is bullshido?

I used to post alot there like 4 years ago.

They reinvented the site so many times. My posts are difficult to find.

I am the kind of the person that likes to go back old posts and continue.

Maybe for my own research purpose.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101

Now CMA related posts are in this giant section.

I used to post mostly Tai Chi related posts.

I am a long time poster there, as well as several other here that I recognize.

I like it a lot but you have to learn to navigate the site.

There are style forums that are moderated and not too different from what you see here.

They have a section for investigating bogus claims, mcdojos and other martial foolery. It is heavily moderated.

There is YMAS (Your martial arts sucks forum) which is very lightly moderated and it is best to sharpen your verbal swords before posting there.

Newbietown is a safe zone that is very heavily moderated and no trolling or harassing the posters is allowed.

There are also several forums for serious training discussions on exercise, striking and grappling.

Depending on what you are looking for you can probably find it there.

I would say one of the core beliefs of that site is sparring/aliveness. It leans heavily to combative sports, MMA, Muay Thai, BJJ, boxing and wrestling. Arts where as least a significant portion of the practitioners are willing to get into the ring or on the mats and compete. The 'too deadly to spar argument' will get you a new one reamed out very quickly.

If you make any claims be sure you can back them up with proof. Nothing is taken for granted and sifu sez is not a valid argument.

To a large degree its not about how well the top 10% can use their art, its about well the average Joe can use it. Again this why combative sports get a lot of respect, because its easy to see how well something works for the average guy when watching white belts roll.

I rather enjoy it.

i was there for a month.

what i leanrted from bullshido
    MMA ring fights are exactly like the street, showing MMA IS AWESOME.

BJJ is the end all of end all CAUSE ALL FIGHTS END UP ON THE GROUND NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRAIN.

so i left, they were idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post

BJJ is the end all of end all CAUSE ALL FIGHTS END UP ON THE GROUND NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRAIN.

Then you have the reading comprehension skills of Tom Fox.

But notice the JFS/Osiris streetfight went right to the ground, didn't it?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

i was there for a month.

English isn't your first language is it?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post

And yet, Osiris couldn't pull off a submission and had to end it with a bite to the fingers.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    English isn't your first language is it?
    I went back to edit this and it wouldn't let me. A better answer is that you probably spent most of your time in Your Martial Art Sucks, which is a general discussion and comedy forum. There is a huge amount of drivel posted there, some very good stuff and some good humor.

You need to check out the other forums to get a better feel for the site and what it has to offer.

Me, I spend a lot of time in YMAS because I enjoy the verbal sparring and there are some very good people who post there.

Bullshido Forum
    A dark sweaty locker room
    Deep thoughts can be found

this was like..... i want to say 5 years ago, and my martial arts knowledge wasn't that great at all either, so......... i did not see the JFS/Osiris fight. probably wasnt that good anyways

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    I went back to edit this and it wouldn't let me. A better answer is that you probably spent most of your time in Your Martial Art Sucks, which is a general discussion and comedy forum. There is a huge amount of drivel posted there, some very good stuff and some good humor.

You need to check out the other forums to get a better feel for the site and what it has to offer.

Me, I spend a lot of time in YMAS because I enjoy the verbal sparring and there are some very good people who post there.

Bullshido Forum
    A dark sweaty locker room
    Deep thoughts can be found

see above answer to other question.

*edit
    i did see this fight. eh
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 02-11-2009 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

They have a section for investigating bogus claims, mcdojos and other martial foolery. It is heavily moderated.
    I think that the members that DO investigate bogus teachers/frauds/etc. do a good job. They seem to have passed info. to law enforcement, attended pre-trials, trials, etc. In that respect Bullshido is functioning 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    I think that the members that DO investigate bogus teachers/frauds/etc. do a good job. They seem to have passed info. to law enforcement, attended pre-trials, trials, etc. In that respect Bullshido is functioning 100%.
    They did have one guy (Browning?) who actually does anything of merit and a clamouring throng below that.

they haven't really done much in that respect except point out the obvious, which you will find in any martial arts site.

bullshido likes to put themselves out there as the guardians of this or that, but in reality, it's one more crapfest in a sea of crapfests.

anyway, I guess I've had my say. Fred, by all means check the place out for yourself. It's the best way to get to know something.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yes, Samuel Browning. He is a practicing lawyer/solicitor so he knows the ins/outs of dealing with police, prosecutors, etc. Various people have volunteered their time to check out facts/assertions for him particularly in other geographies.

Even "our own" Tom Kagan has attended some court hearings/trials.

So it's not just a one man band + hangers on, though I'm not belittling his efforts.

I don't hang out there. As mentioned it is noisy and the argument moves on too quickly (a bit like slashdot and other VERY popular sites). This forum seems to have the right tempo for me.

i did not see the JFS/Osiris fight. probably wasnt that good anyways
    It was all worth it if you ever dealt with JFS. Seeing him get embarrassed by a guy 80lbs lighter than him was hilarious.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    And yet, Osiris couldn't pull off a submission and had to end it with a bite to the fingers.
    Having JFS mounted and punching him in the face until he quit did the job just fine.

As for the alleged bite, it would have happened when JFS went for an eye gouge while mounted.

In a streetfight, say you have a guy mounted and space to strike. Would you risk losing that position to go for a sub?

Having JFS mounted and punching him in the face until he quit did the job just fine.

As for the alleged bite, it would have happened when JFS went for an eye gouge while mounted.

In a streetfight, say you have a guy mounted and space to strike. Would you risk losing that position to go for a sub?
    did we watch that same video?

osiris runs at jfs in a football tackle.

jfs ties him up and then passively lies there while osiris struggles away, all the while annatrocity (in full superhero garb) is being paranoid about fighting in a parking lot and wanting to go to a field behind somewhere.

Omar stands there passively waiting for the chaos to subside.

Osiris and fs break it up and anna and osiris and one otehr all pile into her little jeep and drive away shouting epithets at Omar and JFS.

lol, nobody had a proud moment there, it was like a modern episode of the keystone cops without the cops and without the humour. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Alleged. Sheesh. It's right there in video.
    No, but Osiris' performance in that video is hardly a textbook for how to conduct a street fight. In a street fight, I wouldn't try a flying TaeKwonDo kick as my opening move.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.