Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iron head?

my god that fellow has a lot of vids...

Well the whole problem is he's butt sore because no one will say go to the fab shop and ask for 'A36 hot roll and make sure it is stiff enough to break with impact.' Any hot roll is often mistaken for 'pig iron' because the stuff has pits in it. There's a galvanized version which means its coated to cover the pitting.

It's still better to get it from the monks, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    try a magic shop or a gag store, maybe they have it.
    if you get anything out of a hardware store, prepare to be hurt badly. lol
    according to the guy in the video..he got it from a hardware store..his look really ez to break...so i dont think it will hurt that badly

Quote Originally Posted by richard sloan View Post
    my god that fellow has a lot of vids...
    ya he does...hes pretty retarded in his videos too..its funny...i watched some...i wonder who that guy is....

Quote Originally Posted by Pk_StyLeZ View Post
    ....i know the truth anyways.

Just keep saying that.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

PK,

Shifu says you can find them here, do a web search. But he also says you should not try it without proper training. You are right, the monks won't sell you any not just because you are no longer training, but because if you seriously injured yourself they would be liable.

You gotta get the official Shaolin iron head iron bars

I think it was in that recent NG Shaolin doc (some one correct me if I'm wrong) but they were using iron bars that had the characters for Shaolin in relief in the metal. That struck me as very funny and yes, that's my Monday morning attempt at a iron head pun...

For more on Iron Head, check out my article An Iron Head Points to the Moon: Shaolin Wushuguan’s Senior Master, Monk Shi Sugang in our 2005 May/June Shaolin Special . Sugang didn't mess with iron bars. He was all about granite flagstones.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    PK,

Shifu says you can find them here, do a web search. But he also says you should not try it without proper training. You are right, the monks won't sell you any not just because you are no longer training, but because if you seriously injured yourself they would be liable.
    Lol.....I will no comment on here just because I respect the shaolin monks......I gues I will go to home depot and take a closer look one of these days when I have some free time.....lalalalalalallalalalala

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Just keep saying that.
    I do know the truth......believe me or not......

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I think it was in that recent NG Shaolin doc (some one correct me if I'm wrong) but they were using iron bars that had the characters for Shaolin in relief in the metal. That struck me as very funny and yes, that's my Monday morning attempt at a iron head pun...

For more on Iron Head, check out my article An Iron Head Points to the Moon: Shaolin Wushuguan’s Senior Master, Monk Shi Sugang in our 2005 May/June Shaolin Special . Sugang didn't mess with iron bars. He was all about granite flagstones.
    Ok...so where do I get the official shaolin iron bar beside in china...is it avaiable in America? Can i order it through your online store?

Quote Originally Posted by DeHui702 View Post
    Well the whole problem is he's butt sore because no one will say go to the fab shop and ask for 'A36 hot roll and make sure it is stiff enough to break with impact.' Any hot roll is often mistaken for 'pig iron' because the stuff has pits in it. There's a galvanized version which means its coated to cover the pitting.

THANKS???!!
    so i guess this it it?
    http://www.amazon.com/Mild-Steel-Rol...837433&sr=1-30

found a better one...80 cent..worth a try
    thanks again!
    Last edited by Pk_StyLeZ; 02-16-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Sugang didn't mess with iron bars. He was all about granite flagstones.
    that reminds me of a funny story...we were setting up for a Nat Geo shoot...so a couple of us got sent out to get bricks and some stone slabs. Also, nails.

anyway, we head uptown to a couple of masonry and brick supply shops, the first one we went into, we asked to see their bricks.

so the guy is showing us the different bricks, and he asks how many we need, and when we told him he looked up from his clip board and was like, what do you want a dozen bricks for?

so we told him, and he goes, ah...then you want these, these are the bricks all the karate guys like.

so we were all like, word is born, these are the bricks right here, let's grab these and go.

so when we get back to the Temple now, we put down the bricks and the stone slabs, and over comes Shifu. He looks at the bricks and goes, Ok. These bricks have no chi, no good Fa, put them back to sleep send them go meditate. This is like joke. Go back and tell the gentleman to get better bricks.

It took a devil of an amount of time to convince the salesman we actually wanted better bricks. He definitely didn't get the bit about how some of his bricks had "no chi" lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Pk_StyLeZ View Post
    THANKS???!!
    so i guess this it it?
    http://www.amazon.com/Mild-Steel-Rol...837433&sr=1-30

found a better one...80 cent..worth a try
    thanks again!
    is 12" gonna be enough to snap that over your dome?

Quote Originally Posted by DeHui702 View Post
    yeah, theirs say 少林 on them.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    is 12" gonna be enough to snap that over your dome?
    12 inch is a foot right?
    after thinking about it, the monk uses a longer bar huh....
    o well im to lz to search to see if they got something longer but not too long
    i dont even plan to buy it yet
    gonna go to home depot one day when i have time