Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iron head?

pk- are you going to buy a football helmet too or just wing it?

judging from this video...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa_7_...e=channel_page
    i should get a football helmet huh?
    i will put extra padding in the helmet too =)

LOL! That was hilarious, reminds me of an old snowboarding/skate video I used to watch, called whisky. To get into it you either had to throw up from drinking or smash a beer bottle over your head! One poor guy just couldn't get it...they used him for hilarious cut scenes between their other takes, all you heard was a dull tonal booooonnnnnng...I think he finally did get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    PK,

Shifu says you can find them here, do a web search. But he also says you should not try it without proper training. You are right, the monks won't sell you any not just because you are no longer training, but because if you seriously injured yourself they would be liable.
    It would be great if Shifu can help us out and give us a clue what they are using and is it availible in the states, what words i put in the web search engine to guide me in the right direction? I train Iron head 3 times a day and have become proficient at breaking wood and concretewith my head or on my head with sledge hammers,bowling balls and Jackhammers. I would like to test myself with bars similar to what the Monks are using. Is 36a steel what they use or is it a diffrent grade of steel or metal. On a side note i have tried .125 x 1 x 24 inch 36a and .250 unforutunately it bends and it is not brittle enough.
    Thanks any help would be apprciated..

Quote Originally Posted by ironhead View Post
    It would be great if Shifu can help us out and give us a clue what they are using and is it availible in the states, what words i put in the web search engine to guide me in the right direction? I train Iron head 3 times a day and have become proficient at breaking wood and concretewith my head or on my head with sledge hammers,bowling balls and Jackhammers. I would like to test myself with bars similar to what the Monks are using. Is 36a steel what they use or is it a diffrent grade of steel or metal. On a side note i have tried .125 x 1 x 24 inch 36a and .250 unforutunately it bends and it is not brittle enough.

Ironhead,

Wow, if you are doing all of that then these would be easy for you. They are pig iron, about 1/4" thick and about 16" long and about 1.5 " wide. These aren't exact measurements I am just giving you my best estimate. I believe if you try a welding shop that sells steel to the public you can tell them what you are looking for and they can order it for you. My master says it is available here, he says look on the internet, but we get ours from Shaolin Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by ironhead View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Mild-Steel-Rol...837433&sr=1-30

is the closest i found on the internet
    never got the chance to buy any yet..but if u do..post some feedbacks on it!

I have no idea what possible combat application this has...

...but it's friggin bad ass.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Saw that on the subway tv some time ago. What's also impressive is that his head doesn't even turn purple.

But yeah, from a martial arts training standpoint these things, like most things they do at Shaolin, are a colossal waste of time. They spend years learning to break bricks with their hands, have no fear to take any sort of strike from a stick, push spears on their throats, break metal bars on their heads, etc. yet when they have sanda competitions they still get knocked out. Where does it all go?