Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: I think forms suck

That is a subjective statement. Do you know of all the forms and training techniques in the Internal TCMAs that are only shown to those who would be carrying on the lineage?
    No, I do not know ALL of them.
    Yes, it was a subjective statement, like all the other statements we all have done here.

Are you 100% sure about that? Why would a system with Okinawan goju-ryu's no nonesense emphasis keep a none fighting relevant form secret? Don't you think that there may be something in that kata that you are unaware of?
    Yes, I am 100% sure that some used it in that matter, it was SOP and still is for some.

I have seen clips of a crane looking goju kata. It showed "energies" that had definite, but perhaps not so apparent, fighting relevance, looking from a kung fu point of view. However, we may be talking about different katas.
    Energies that were developed before the person was even taught that kata I am sure.

Yes, but are you saying that none of the guarded stuff has any fighting relevance?
    Everything has fighting relevance, even if it is not relevant to fighting.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

i know all the forms
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    why do u guys waste time arguing with people who are obviously antisocial and probably have autism?
    Be nice.
    Calling someone antisocial is one thing, insulting autistic people is another.

hay man im not insulting autism , im just saying its pointless to argue with soeone like this

do u remember tahat guy gokitimus

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

hay man im not insulting autism , im just saying its pointless to argue with soeone like this

do u remember tahat guy gokitimus
    Nope, don't remember him, but there was another guy awhile back, Kemo Martin or something like that, he was "interesting" to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    No, I do not know ALL of them.
    Yes, it was a subjective statement, like all the other statements we all have done here.
    My statement that some Chow Gar (and other internal TCMA) schools do not use weight training is not a subjective statement!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin
    Yes, I am 100% sure that some used it in that matter, it was SOP and still is for some.
    Well if some used it in that matter then no arguments from me, as I am sure that others did not.

Energies that were developed before the person was even taught that kata I am sure.
    Perhaps the form is to take those energies to the next level.

Everything has fighting relevance, even if it is not relevant to fighting.
    You know, we are going around in circles because none of you "experts" acknowledges the fact that there are Internal styles of kung fu that use strength building methodology that you are all clueless about.

So instead of researching or at least attempting to research an important aspect of the TCMAs, you are going around circles and circles trying to take the attention away from the fact that you are clueless. And now we are discussing a Goju ryu kata which in its most advance form may be a shell of its kung fu (Fujian White Crane) ancestors. That does not come from me but a kung fu master who said some words to that effect.

But if you want to bring in Tae Kwon Do's secret techniques into this as well, then do so by all means.

Nope, don't remember him, but there was another guy awhile back, Kemo Martin or something like that, he was "interesting" to say the least.
    http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ead.php?t=6107

turns out he was a skinn bisexual australian chinese and president of a online robot transformers club

about the forms, the elite army of general qijiguang only learned one empty hand form, with only 32 simple moves. (thats the army that defeated japanese samurai then travel north and rebuilt the great wall)
    if elite soldiers did so little forms then average joe should do much less
    Last edited by bawang; 11-23-2009 at 12:20 PM.

why do u guys waste time arguing with people who are obviously antisocial and probably have autism?
    Some simple facts put forward by me:

1)There are internal lineages of kung fu that do not use what we call "Western" style of weight training. They use other Dynamic Tension methods, gongs and two man training practice to compensate for this.

2)There are other styles of kung fu that use weight training as part of their traditional methodology.

3) Most MA-ists are clueless about the methodology used in number 1. Hence we are running around in circles talking about Goju-Ryu Kata. We have further input from other cross trainers, MMA-ists and even a Kick boxing coache. Just the type of people you would go to for authentic high level kung fu training and knowledge.

Anyway. Number 1 was main point. If you see it fit to insult me for that then do continue. However, not understanding that simple statement makes you look like the one who is suffering with autism with the rest of the clueless posters here.

HW108
    PS. Let go of your I know everything ego then you will learn something in this life
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 11-23-2009 at 12:21 PM.

././
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Some simple facts put forward by me:

1)There are internal lineages of kung fu that do not use what we call "Western" style of weight training. They use other Dynamic Tension methods, gongs and two man training practice to compensate for this.
    "dynamic tension" is created by westerner charles atlas
    Last edited by bawang; 11-23-2009 at 12:27 PM.

You know, we are going around in circles because none of you "experts" acknowledges the fact that there are Internal styles of kung fu that use strength building methodology that you are all clueless about.
    Please feel free to enlighten us.

So instead of researching or at least attempting to research an important aspect of the TCMAs, you are going around circles and circles trying to take the attention away from the fact that you are clueless.
    And here we were, doing so well untill you, without a leg to stand on, decide to go back to your old MO.
    *shakes head*

End of discussion.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ead.php?t=6107

turns out he was a skinn bisexual australian chinese and president of a online robot transformers club

about the forms, the elite army of general qijiguang only learned one empty hand form, with only 32 simple moves. (thats the army that defeated japanese samurai then travel north and rebuilt the great wall)
    if elite soldiers did so little forms then average joe should do much less
    That is valid point.
    As some of the "legends" go, the 108 moves of Taiji "long form" are to correspond with the 108 vital points ( each posture hits a point).

././

In the "Dynamic Tension in Forms" thread I stated my doubts about the phrase "Dynamic Tension"!

That is valid point.
    As some of the "legends" go, the 108 moves of Taiji "long form" are to correspond with the 108 vital points ( each posture hits a point).
    my teacher told me 108 represents "a lot".
    he said after u learned all the forms forget them. when i see moves from yang taichi 108 i know what they all mean and where it is done wrong on purpose, but i just cant do them linked together as a form. i only remember 10 easy ones

././

A far more common word than the correct "isokinetic movement".

i think hard qigong has benefits but cant replace weights
    when u lift weights one muscle flex the oppisite relax. in hard qigong u get too tense if u do too much. i was told dynamic tension was taught because many people couldnt afford weights and weights are inconvenient. chinese wooden weight machines are HUGE
    especially in qing dynasty, u couldnt even own more than 1 kitchen knife how can u hide a huge towering weight machine from the manchus lol, or if u live on a boat

in ancient china weights was a PRIVILEDGE for the elite soldiers and manchus
    Last edited by bawang; 11-23-2009 at 12:42 PM.