Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun on Fight Quest

What the **** was that?

Emil,
    Thanks for posting the videos.
    They were interesting to a point, but the ending said it all........"Jimmy lost on style".
    I guess I lost something in the translation.

Peace,
    Bill
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

LOL, gritty street style . . .
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Stop posting and start training.

comments are ripping! lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Good grief

No wonder there are so much skepticism, as junk spreads.

joy chaudhuri

I wonder why motofox hasn't commented yet on those clips. Maybe he lost the will to live after watching those?

Thanks

Buddha Fists,

Thanks for posting I Love this show but don't get to see it regularly. I was really wanting to see this episode.

Thanks Again.

that was the most horrible final fight and representation of wing chun!

it was just two people throwing chain punches at each other non stop. whoever had better timing would get some in.

when jimmy just threw straight arm boxing punches, he was still effective. the person he fought couldnt defend against it. if jimmy did that to another boxer he wouldnt be so successful.

My forehead is sore after slapping it so much while watching those videos LOL!

Just finished watching the episode and am still glad that I got to see it. The two WC Masters are very well known and distinguished. I would have to agree though that Jimmy's fight really sucked and it seemed that the WC went right out the window on both of the combatants. Not sure what happened as we are taught many counters to this type aggression.

Still liked the show...how much can they do in a week (5 days).

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    Just finished watching the episode and am still glad that I got to see it. The two WC Masters are very well known and distinguished. I would have to agree though that Jimmy's fight really sucked and it seemed that the WC went right out the window on both of the combatants. Not sure what happened as we are taught many counters to this type aggression.

Still liked the show...how much can they do in a week (5 days).
    Typical of what happens when a system is faced with something that is outside their system.
    WC looks like WC when it fights WC, the only time WC will look like WC when it fights another system is when it has been trained to fight an other system.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Were those Leung Ting trained fighters?

Ed

"...the only time WC will look like WC when it fights another system is when it has been trained to fight another system." (sanjuro)

***GREAT point, Paul. And even then, some adjustments might have to be made that might make the system look somewhat different than what many people expect it to look like.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 02-17-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Typical of what happens when a system is faced with something that is outside their system.
    WC looks like WC when it fights WC, the only time WC will look like WC when it fights another system is when it has been trained to fight an other system.
    i would say the root cause is when you let your emotions get to you and you drop all technique.

i wouldnt necessarily say all wing chun went out the window (except for maybe jimmy)...rather that no strategy or technique other than "let me throw as many punches to this guy and try to hit him harder and faster than he hits me" was used