Thread: "The Sword Polishers Record, the Way of Kung fu."

Papieboni Guest

"The Sword Polishers Record, the Way of Kung fu."

I just wanted to share with the rest of the members of the forum a very good book, in my opinion, that i received as a X-Mas gift from a Kenpo friend.

The book is titled, "The Sword Polishers Record, The Way of Kung Fu," by Adam Hsu.

I think it is a must for students looking for a teacher,style and school.People that are looking to be better martial artists, students, teachers and looking for the truth and shedding away a lot of garbage that has been taught and "media-rized."

Sifu Adam Hsu goes on to expound on the foundation of kung fu, myths and realities of kung fu, the role of forms, mind and body training, fighting, real usage, choosing a teacher, attitude, senior students, belts and ranking, and the future of kung fu.

Check it out.

" The key is to begin at the beginning, Short cuts can only lead to dead ends."

word Guest
    i dont agree with everything that adam hsu says but overall the book is good, adam hsu makes his points very clear and he's an opinionated person which isnt' bad beucase i am as well .

Robinf Guest
    It helped me sort through some of the garbage I'd been hearing outside the kwoon.

Good book overall.

obiwan Guest

hello

I love the book but i am very biased. :D

My teacher learnt from Adam Hsu, and most of the seniors have trained with him, so it carries over very far into our training.

However, last I heard, Master Hsu's health is deteriorating with his age. I've seen a few videos of him performing, and he is one **** good fighter.

He learnt from Liu Yin Chiao, who trained the Taiwanese secret service how to fight. To me, that's a **** good reference on effectiveness of fighting.

Anyway, stay cool! :D

The Force will be with you...always

Tekarius Guest
    Yeah that book is really kool and it was well written too.

count Guest

Grandmaster Liu _ Adam Hsu

Sword Polishers Record should be required reading for anyone learning martial arts of any kind. Funny though, in the past I have asked Adam Hsu about good books on some kung fu topics and he only said, "go to the mountain"

Obiwan, can you e-mail me so I have your e-mail address, I have some questions for you.

ΓΌ