Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Buck Sing Choy Lay Fut is different to other branches of Choy Lay Fut.

Buk Sing CLF Guest
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by gwai-jai:
    [B]Can anyone tell me the names of the five Bak Sing Choy Lee Fut Forms?

As far as I know there are only three distinct un-armed forms in BSCLF: Sup Se Kuen, Ping Kuen and Kou Da.

Each one is substantially long and complicated, encompassing all aspects of the style.
    Tarm Sarm believed it was better to 'master' effective fighting techniques rather than learn many forms and master none, hence the limited number of forms.

The Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut Gwoon in Melbourne has recently opened its web site up again.
    I can't remember the address but if you search for BSCLF (spelt the way I spell it) in Australia you'll find it. It has huge amounts of information on BSCLF and, I think, it's a great site.
    Let me know what you think. My school is mentioned as a sister school in Perth.

WongFeHung Guest
    Could you give me some history on Tam Sam? What is his full name? Where is he from? My fiance' is a Tam, her mother was well known for her gung-fu and her great grand uncle was Tam Jai Gwun,we are interested in Tam's lineage. Also, what are the weapon sets in Buk Sing CLF?

realkungfubrasil Guest

about northern influences on Tam Sam's CLF

Hi guys, I practice Choy li Fut (Chan Kwok Way's family, with more emphazis on the Tam Sam branch) and Xing-Yi (Xang-Hsi and Hobei branches), I've been in San Francisco in 1992 and what I saw on Tat mau Wong's CLF for me appeared tottaly different from what I've been practicing here, under my si-fu marcello teixeira (a top si-fu and direct student from Chan). I think that the largest northern stances, plus the more emphazis of large and strong leopard fists may be one of the differences between buk-sing and hung sing. I have also a question: what about low kicks? what are the differences in low kicks in the two branches.
    Thanks for the attention, Hung Moon Party Heroes are invencible! HUNG-SING!!!

nospam Guest
    Technically, I would highly doubt there are many, if any, differences in low kicks from Hung to Bak Hsing CLF, except for when one might apply them.

Traditionally, my lineage within Bak Hsing only had a low front snap kick executed as you engaged. Because of the Northern influence, we do have a full compliment of northern kicks and other sundry aerodynamics.

BukSing Guest

Looking For Info on the Buk Sing Style of Choy Lay Fut

Sorry for the repeat information from my previous topic, but I wasn't sure if anyone would have seen the original inquiry. But I have studied Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut for many years, and I have until recently attempted to gather as much information on this relatively young and rare branch of Choy Lay Fut. So I am interested in any input from anyone who has ever trained in this system, and/or has any information in regards to it, that they would like to share.

Nope

sui-fuw Guest
    why?it's crap!

BukSing Guest

Crap?

Sui-fool,

Care to elaborate?

Nope

sui-fuw Guest
    no

BukSing Guest

No?

Well that shouldn't surprise me seeing that your insights to Martial Arts are as about as indepth as your profile states..."nada"

Nope

zen_celt Guest
    Last I checked, there was only one style of CLF.
    Peace,
    Zen_celt

BukSing Guest

zen_celt

Check again... You can start here.
    http://buksing.com

Nope

extrajoseph Guest

Lacey Brothers

The Lacey Brothers from Down Under (Dave and Vince) are fantastic fighters and Shane is a chip off the old block. They have impeccable lineage and Buk Sing is a very effective branch of CLF. Stylistic variation is just a storm in a tea cup. Go check them out, you will not be disappointed.

Joseph

BukSing Guest

Joseph

You are absolutley right about them...no question, they are the real deal. I have witnessed the execution of their techniques, and their is no doubt that there is the elemental form of typical Choy Lay Fut style, but there is also quite a variance with other techniques that had made the Buk Sing branch quite unique and without doubt a fighting art.
    I am curios to know if you study Buk Sing or Hung Sing? And also, if you are familiar with a man named Lun Tse who lives in Alberta, Canada?

Nope

extrajoseph Guest

Nope

I have not done any Bak Sing but they are from the same root, so I am familiar with some of their techniques which are simple and direct and very effective in fighting.

Lun Tse was one of Tam Sam's "inner chamber" disciples, he started to learn when he was 14. He lived in Hong Kong for a long time and went to Canada in 1979. I am happy to hear that he is still alive and teaching (?). He would be in his late 80s and early 90s now. If you have a chance to see him, go for it, before these colourful old timers all pass away.

I wonder if any of his students or disciples carried on his teaching in Canada.

Jose

nospam Guest

Lung Gee..

I'm not so sure he is teaching, that I would highly doubt. He had attended at least one tournament back in the late 80's that I recall in Saskatchewan, Canada.

I'm from his lineage. Although I have not had any contact with him.

nospam.