Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Buck Sing Choy Lay Fut is different to other branches of Choy Lay Fut.

beiquan Guest

bak sil lum

i am curious, which of the bak sil lum forms are practiced in bak sing choy li fut and at what level in training are they taught? i have seen some of Vince Lacey's students doing Tun Da(#6) and Moi Fa(#7).

nospam Guest
    Depends on one's lineage. So it will vary from none to all 10.

BukSing Guest

Bak Sil Lum

My lineage of Buk Sing system does not have any sets that are innately "Bak Sil Lum." we do have an internal set that exemplifies Iron Palm though. But when seen executed, it does have a "Hung Gar" flavor to it.
    I am curious though as to what you have seen from the Lacey's. Were the Tun Da and Moi Fa set the same (or similar) to your training in the Bak Sil Lum style? I was of the opiinion that their sets would be more closely Hung Sing, by nature of the name title of their sets (i.e. Siu Moi Fa, Kou Da, Ping Kuen, Sub Tse Kuen, Chueng Kuen)...?

Nope

shaolin_knight Guest
    Tam Sam was a friend of Kuo Yu Chong. He incorporated Bak Sil Lum kicks into the Choy Li Fut system. Then called the new branch Bak Sing (north wind). Do you mean Lung Tse Hsiang? He was a student of both Kuo's and Tam's. He is trained in both styles. I didn't know he was still alive though. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those guys do Bak Sil Lum sets, as many were students of both Kuo's and Tam's, they exchanged students.

NorthernShaolin Guest

Lung Tzu Hsiang

Shaolin Knight,

Sifu Lung Tzu Hsiang passed away at an early age in 1951. His son is still in HK and has a web-site at www.members.tripod.com/kaimen.

shaolin_knight Guest
    I know that, but one guy that posted on here seems to think he is alive. He is mistaking him for a man in Canada.

BukSing Guest

Shaolin_Knight

According to Lacey's web-site they mention a "Lung Tse Cheung" under their lineage text link that also has a picture. The same picture can be found in Lai Hung's web-site and he spells the name "Hsiang." Here is the link to Lai Hung's history with the pic of "Lung Tze-Hsiang."

http://www.htai.com/kungfu/laihung.html

I don't doubt that they probably do practice some Buk Sil Lum sets in their system, but indicative to their branch, they make no mention of any sets as far and as little as I know concerning them. But that doesn't mean that they don't of course know any...

Nope

extrajoseph Guest

Lung Tse-Cheung

Lung did studied CLF with Tarm Sarm. His first teacher was Ku Yu-Jiang (I am not sure about his spelling, but it is the skinny guy you often see in an old photo breaking up a stack of bricks). At that time, Ku and Tarm were good friends, they often exchanbe techniques and students. Lung was a keen student, so he got to study with both of them in Northern Shaolin and CLF. He later became quite a famous teacher on his own right. Naturally, students from his lineage would have some NS mixed up with the BS CLF stuff.

Joseph

nospam Guest
    Gee, maybe there just might be two "Lung Gee's"...and one of them, of whom the Canadian reference was made, is still alive and doing quite well. Maybe...just maybe.

BukSing Guest

Shaolin_Knight

True the Bak Sing style incorporated more northern element such as kicks, but it was not exclusive to that. Actually it was the Iron Palm techniques that were adopted into the system that held more notariety for the the Bak Sing style. As for Lun Tse Hsiang, I would be pretty sure he is the same person whom I have been told by Si-Fu Vince Lacey is still alive, and was supposed to be at the world Choy Lay Fut Reunion held last month in Singapore.

Nope

extrajoseph Guest

Lun Tse and Lung Tse_Cheung

Sifu Vince could have seen Lun Tse (or Gia as a branch of a tree), but if he saw Lung (or Loong as a Dragon) Tse (Tse as a child) Cheung then he would have been drunk or saw a ghost, both are also possible, given he is an Auzzie.

Joseph :)

BukSing Guest

Joseph

G'Day Mate!
    Well...I don't doubt that anyone who had studied from Tam Sam or Ku Yu Cheung, should be...well...dead...? Sifu Lacey did mention though he would be about 90 years old now, if we are all talking about the same man or not. I am curious though if Lun was the surname? I know it is customary for the Chinese name to give a last name first. If anyone knows of the Choy Lay Fut Wolrd Reunion and has any link sites or news article about that event, it should mention this man somewhere...I suppose.

Nope

extrajoseph Guest

Charp-Chui

How ya going? Mate. Are ya c'ming to die?

What I was trying to say was Lun Tse and Loong Tse Cheung are two different people. They both studied with Tarm Sarm. Lun Tse is still alive and should be in his early 90s, but Loong Tse Cheung is dead.

If you can get hold of a copy of the commemorative magazine for last year's reunion in Singapore, you would have seen photos and CV of these two gentlemen.

I have not learn how to use a canner yet, otherwise I'll post one here for you.

Joseph

BukSing Guest

Lun Gee (Chee)

Concerning the continued discussion on who's who about Lun Gee. What Joseph said I feel is correct. I found this Picture of Lun Chee (presumably "Gee") with Master Dave Lacey:

http://www.pantherfist.com/banquet.html

Anyone recognize the picture or the man?
    I found this on Dave Lacey's site. Great site, quite informative on Dave Lacey's history and background. Here is the URL:

http://pantherfist.com/

Charp-Chui

extrajoseph Guest

Lun Chee (Gee)

Yes, that's him!

Joseph