• up to the kids

6 28.57%
  • let other teacher do it

5 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Teaching your kids

Quote Originally Posted by BentMonk View Post
    My 9 year old girl currently trains with me. Most classes I let another instructor work with her. Some nights hers is just the group I end up working with. She does like having me at home when it comes to practicing.

My 16 year old boy trained with me for a while. School consumed all his free time and he had to stop. He plans on starting again after college.

Both my daughter and son asked if they could train with me.

My 15 year old daughter has no interest in regular training, but has learned enough basics from me to defend herself. She also comes to me for new work out routines and nutrition advice.

My 11 year old son wants to train badly. Once he learns that you can't play rough all the time, and we get the report card in better shape we'll talk about it.
    Condoms, BM. Condoms.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Condoms, BM. Condoms.
    the more people use condoms, the less students there will be to teach.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    YOu know, there was an extensive study done in the 70's that showed a definite link between condom use and crime reduction. In fact, it wasn't only about condoms, it was about planned parenthood and inclusive to that was abortion.

By watching our population, allowing for birth control and abortion, we actually have reduced crime.

hmmmmn. Now there's some food for thought all you free thinking hippies.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

YOu know, there was an extensive study done in the 70's that showed a definite link between condom use and crime reduction. In fact, it wasn't only about condoms, it was about planned parenthood and inclusive to that was abortion.

By watching our population, allowing for birth control and abortion, we actually have reduced crime.

I think the study you are talking about showed that 18 years after Rowe vs Wade, there was a dramatic and unexplained reduction in violent crime nationally.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

.... and the fewer criminals to defend against!

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

the best thing to do is to let nature take its course... no more feeding the starving children, no more saving the countries from genocidal dictators, no more rescuing idiots who build their houses on the beachfronts and flood prone areas, no more vaccinations... the list can go on and on... attempting to save the populations instead of letting them go as intended would cure alot of the worlds problems and drags on natural resources.
    too bad i am not a hippy.

yeah starving children have got to go! booooooo hisssssss more food for me! nomnomnomnonmonm

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    What do you expect kids to do?

Well for one the curriculum of just running around and playing games is not really martial arts. They can do that an actual day care.

Also I am a firm believer that kids under 6 will better be served by taking tumbling or gymnastics lessons before going into martial arts.

In my current kwoon they learn the same curriculum as the adults. Yes, we do at time let them run around playing games but after they have done what is needed in the curriculum for their respective belt levels. Even then we have contest like "who can hold the longest mah bu" or play at wrestling or even point spar.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Well for one the curriculum of just running around and playing games is not really martial arts.
    Kids of that age don't learn MA they learn physical skills and activites that are fun.

Also I am a firm believer that kids under 6 will better be served by taking tumbling or gymnastics lessons before going into martial arts.
    They can have both.

In my current kwoon they learn the same curriculum as the adults. Yes, we do at time let them run around playing games but after they have done what is needed in the curriculum for their respective belt levels. Even then we have contest like "who can hold the longest mah bu" or play at wrestling or even point spar.
    That's great and at the man TKD schools I have seen kids tdo that too and they play and have fun.
    They are kids after all.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Family Tradition

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Condoms, BM. Condoms.
    LMAO. I've only been Dad for six years. They were part of the deal when I met their Mom. I figure if all of the cool people quit having/raising kids, all that will be left is a world full of ****s and we're dangerously close to that now.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Kids of that age don't learn MA they learn physical skills and activites that are fun.

They can have both.

That's great and at the man TKD schools I have seen kids tdo that too and they play and have fun.
    They are kids after all.
    Ehh....different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Ehh....different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Kids love to run and jump and kick, more than doing a horse stance, that;s for sure.
    Its athletic, teaches balance and coordination.
    And its fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS6nq8XetXE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55GTc6ZhA_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLJVnk31_3k

my kids love to headbutt... and it hurts.

my kids love to headbutt... and it hurts.
    I used to have a friend, he loved to head butt, I mean he head butted everyone, his fighting was all about head butting, loved Rugby too, obviously.
    One day he got too ****y with his head butting and we bet 100 bucks ( silly kids) that I could KO him before he borke my hand with a head butt.
    Well, we both lost !
    LOL !
    He went to the Hospital with concussion and his Mom didn't let me date his sister anymore.

He went to the Hospital with concussion and his Mom didn't let me date his sister anymore.
    hahaha that's an awesome story.