Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite warrior from the past

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Hi was probably BI by modern day accounts.
    For lack of a better word.
    Ideas of sexual preference were rather different back then. Almost everyone seems to have been a catamite at some point in time.

Hell.. Socrates.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Ideas of sexual preference were rather different back then. Almost everyone seems to have been a catamite at some point in time.

Hell.. Socrates.
    That's what I meant, by today's standards he was BI ( probably), but in those times he was just being a Greek.
    LOL !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    very punny...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

i dont know if spj was speaking strictly of the definitive criteria of being involved in warfare as a soldier to dertrimine a 'warrior'

some definitions are more loose, being those experienced or skilled in athletic endeavors or even politics.

In 1614–1615, Musashi participated in the war between the Toyotomi and the Tokugawa. In the war he participated in 2 battles. So definately not a large amount of warfare experience.

its accounted that by the time of his retirement, he fought over 60 duels. this number also does not count for the men slain in the war he was participated in.

being ronin for such a long time up and down, and fighting that many actual duels to the death i think classifies him as a warrior IMO. more so than most people any of us know.

he may not have had a large military career, but he definately had a warriors spirit.

In 1621, Musashi defeated Miyake Gunbei and three other adepts of the Togun ryu in front of the lord of Himeji. thats just hardcore.

so even if he doesnt meet some dictionary standards of a 'warrior' i still think he was.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i dont know if spj was speaking strictly of the definitive criteria of being involved in warfare as a soldier to dertrimine a 'warrior'

some definitions are more loose, being those experienced or skilled in athletic endeavors or even politics.

In 1614–1615, Musashi participated in the war between the Toyotomi and the Tokugawa. In the war he participated in 2 battles. So definately not a large amount of warfare experience.

its accounted that by the time of his retirement, he fought over 60 duels. this number also does not count for the men slain in the war he was participated in.

being ronin for such a long time up and down, and fighting that many actual duels to the death i think classifies him as a warrior IMO. more so than most people any of us know.

he may not have had a large military career, but he definately had a warriors spirit.

In 1621, Musashi defeated Miyake Gunbei and three other adepts of the Togun ryu in front of the lord of Himeji. thats just hardcore.

so even if he doesnt meet some dictionary standards of a 'warrior' i still think he was.
    In the "loose" sense of the word, sure.

In the "loose" sense of the word, sure.
    Now, are you trying to imply that I'm loose? Just because I said Alexander.....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Now, are you trying to imply that I'm loose? Just because I said Alexander.....
    hey, I don't begrudge any man his wood.

That's what I meant, by today's standards he was BI ( probably), but in those times he was just being a Greek.
    LOL !
    the man was gay as buckets and deeply in love with his first mate by all accounts.

of course he fathered a few whelps. that's your job when you're king.

he never hung with the wimmins and always hung with his mates and especially his main boy. lol

but, in that time, that was acceptable by most standards. so no big deal.

but still...hahahahahaha.

*I'm so immature*
    Kung Fu is good for you.

alexander likes persian ladyboys lolol

my favorite warrior
    captain james t kirk

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    the man was gay as buckets and deeply in love with his first mate by all accounts.

of course he fathered a few whelps. that's your job when you're king.

he never hung with the wimmins and always hung with his mates and especially his main boy. lol

but, in that time, that was acceptable by most standards. so no big deal.

but still...hahahahahaha.

*I'm so immature*
    lol. he was also deformed.

so all those commanders and generals he crushed....were destroyed by a deformed gay guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    alexander likes persian ladyboys lolol

my favorite warrior
    captain james t kirk
    For you Bro:

lol. he was also deformed.

so all those commanders and generals he crushed....were destroyed by a deformed gay guy.
    Harsh !!
    I think that makes him an even greater warrior, fighting battles is hard enough, doing that while smoking a sausage, now that's uber-skills !!

1. The Ultimate Warrior

End of list.

Quote Originally Posted by golgo View Post
    1. The Ultimate Warrior

End of list.
    Now we are really going the gay route !

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    My faveorite warriors would have to be a toss up between Daniel LaRusso, and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3hHQvkUhJo
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.