Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
Groundfighting, in the sense of BJJ/Sambo/Judo, is really more about positional dominance than anything else. Ditang, while training flexibility and break-falling, does little to address how to control positions.
I agree with you sortta and please don't mistake my statements as contentious.
I love all martial art from a very deep place and it seems we are so often misunderstood on these forums.

Ditang actually encompasses the same elements you outlined above plus some other THANGS but they are taught differently and categorized stylistically counter to BJJ systems. Same jive different speak as it were. Some people who've actually been taught some of these have also been taught not to talk about them openly.
(The Bullshido types will yell fake because they just bate a candidate victum so that they might grab some spilt beans dropped in an emotional moment. )
Some never learned them because their teacher either didn't know or didn't tell.
Fact is in our school it was just one of those things that came up on a day when a bunch of old hands were around and Sifu felt like expanding on it.
Many of you may think you know the English translation for Bak Siu Lum but you really don't.

Wanna know a secret?

It really translates as Scholarly Down and Dirty Chinese Fighting (Kidding sortta)
All martial art is like a beautiful flower that keeps on blooming and gets more ever beautiful the closer you examine it.

He who speaks does not know, he who knows does not speak.- Old Chinese Saying designed to Chin na your ego and make you STFU.