Thread: 2,700 year old ganja found in China

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Oh no. Does that mean we are going to finally have BJJ-ers crosstraining in kung fu now?

i found this an interesting find... *scratches head*

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2255989.ece

but wait!!! google is officially denying the possibility... citing these strange lines were mad from the sonar boats.

http://news.aol.com/article/google-earth-grid/353546

it's nice to maintain a proper perspective on things.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    but wait!!! google is officially denying the possibility... citing these strange lines were mad from the sonar boats.

http://news.aol.com/article/google-earth-grid/353546

it's nice to maintain a proper perspective on things.
    It could be that SimonM is working for Google.

Thing thing about this Atlantis is that if Socrates (Or whoever for that matter) knew about this then it was around during recorded history. I think any event that would plunged a entire city/nation into the ocean would have been something that would have been mentioned somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Thing thing about this Atlantis is that if Socrates (Or whoever for that matter) knew about this then it was around during recorded history. I think any event that would plunged a entire city/nation into the ocean would have been something that would have been mentioned somewhere.
    I have read somewhere that many cultures have enchant legends of a continent that disappeared or was destroyed. It may be worthwhile for those who are interested to investigate this further.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    It may be worthwhile for those who are interested to investigate this further.
    why would anyone resort to that? wikipedia is far more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    It was an allegory, not a history. It was invented by Plato like 95% of the stuff that Socrates "said".

And Uki I spent YEARS researching stuff like Atlantis in my teens before I came to that position. This isn't a quick wiki job here, this is experience speaking.

There was never a lost island of atlantis. The atlantis fable was an allegory most likely constructed based off the (relatively cataclysmic) collapse of the Minoan kingdom on Crete.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.