Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 9, 18, 72, 108.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i am having much more fun over here these days... i like sticking you like a voodoo doll.
    so you're here to cause problems with other forum members?

what an odd reason to be here.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    so you're here to cause problems with other forum members?
    i am here to associate with other martial artists and since other martial artists tend to have minds, naturally we are not all in agreement and as long as you take the jabs at me, i'll throw them back at you... see how easy that was.
    what an odd reason to be here.
    only to you.

No he's not. He's a tool and he's been trashed by scholars of ancient languages on several occasions now. His translations are utterly wrong and his body of work is crap. BUt that doesn't stop loads of tools from being what they read and persisting in their regurgitation of his already disproven dross.

But, people are free to believe what they like.

enjoy your sitchin and spaghetti monsters. lol

"idiots" is a soft term.
    You are the only tool I know David!

Do not confuse being familiar with someone's published works with agreeing with their opinion. I read up on a broad spectrum of topics.

If I'll read anything you have to say you know I'll read just about anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    We can thank the Sumerians and their base 12 mathematics for the 360* circle. We could just as easily have a metric circular measure and make it 1000 degrees, or any other base ten multiple.
    whatever you say, I've still got your number, Brown...

We can thank the Sumerians and their base 12 mathematics for the 360* circle. We could just as easily have a metric circular measure and make it 1000 degrees, or any other base ten multiple.
    It would have been 300, not 1000.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    whatever you say, I've still got your number, Brown...
    Well give it to me so I can play the lottery! I'll share the proceeds.....I promise!

You are the only tool I know David!

Do not confuse being familiar with someone's published works with agreeing with their opinion. I read up on a broad spectrum of topics.

If I'll read anything you have to say you know I'll read just about anything!
    yes scott, you tool. you'll read toothpaste tube and then write a 6 page 2000 word boring as dirt dissertation about the tube and it's features.

still crying about being called a pompous ass I see? lol
    whatever.

uki, uh, what martial arts do you do? You don't do any as far as I can read and what you've written here. You like to juggle, build patios and post pictures of trees and pasty children all over the place but not a word of style, attributes, teachers, etc etc.

fellow martial artists? You don't have any because you aren't a "fellow" in the martial arts to begin with. You're a deluded individual with a hard on for apocalypse.

lol. weirdos. Hey I know, why don't you and brown run off and give each other handjobs and tell each other how smart you each are.

meanwhile the rest fo us will just puke in this bag here.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

yes scott, you tool. you'll read toothpaste tube and then write a 6 page 2000 word boring as dirt dissertation about the tube and it's features.

still crying about being called a pompous ass I see? lol
    whatever.
    In your dreams dip$hit!

In your dreams dip$hit!
    ah the inevitable retort, because lardboy that you are, you can't resist riding off on your sisters little pink bike and once you are at a distance you shout epithets.

whatever chubby. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ah the inevitable retort, because lardboy that you are, you can't resist riding off on your sisters little pink bike and once you are at a distance you shout epithets.

whatever chubby. lol
    You will note that YOU are the tool that follows me around harassing me! I merely respond to your immature harangues!

uki, uh, what martial arts do you do?
    the ones that you learn by observing nature and put into practice... a punch is a punch and a kick is a kick... walking circle with a sliding step is walking the circle with a sliding step... a chicken step here and a nailing step there, grab a monkey by the toes and you'll get a tiger in your hair.
    You don't do any as far as I can read and what you've written here.
    i don't have to explain myself to you. practice and training is personal... not to be flaunted for others to judge.
    You like to juggle, build patios and post pictures of trees and pasty children all over the place but not a word of style, attributes, teachers, etc etc.
    my style attributes are listed in my profile... my patio that i am building is one place i train my forms. my teachers have been people, the wind, clouds, mushrooms, comets, and trees... everyone asks for credentials as a way of measuring up to someone and since you can't measure up to me, you resort to name calling and degrading statements or comments.
    fellow martial artists? You don't have any because you aren't a "fellow" in the martial arts to begin with.
    just because you fail to find a label for me does not mean i am not a practicing martial artist. i follow the old ways where you keep things to yourself... i don't take credit in my teachers or in another mans style... some things are better kept to yourself. i don't claim anything other than i have been practicing in this lifetime for over a decade now, but i suppose i could be fair enough to say that i have my foundations built on the principles of bagua, hsing-i, and what is commonly acknowledged as longfist, but so many discrepancies arise as to which version is correct and wether or not it stems from the contemporary wushu or an actual village style. once you start bringing in style names, that is where the fighting and bickering starts. martial arts is like painting or drawing, no one does it the same, each of us has our own expressions based on the mediums and canvas we tend to use... it's not what you train, it's how you train.
    You're a deluded individual with a hard on for apocalypse.
    we all got a hard on for something...

of course these answers will not measure up to your set of preconcieved standards, but it matters not... what matters is that i know where i stand, what i train, and what i am capable of doing. take it as you will...

... what matters is that i know where i stand, what i train, and what i am capable of doing. take it as you will...

Well said.

he is an expert on the Sumerian language.
    Actually he's really not. His theories hinge on what other scholars in the field, real experts in the Sumerian language, have characterised as consistent and significant mistranslation.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

so he's been trashed by the other people who translate the sumerian texts... hmmm... what are their names? do they have any books on the subject? i am curious to see what others have translated from the texts... remember, just because everyone else trashes his works, doesn't mean that they are infact wrong.

Start here for a thorough treatment of his linguistic errors.

Although his criticism is of the interpretation of the cyllinder seal rather than linguistic issues you might also want to look at the work of Dr. Michael S. Heiser.

Stitchin's genomic argument has been thoroughly critiqued by Steven L. Salzburg and others.
    Last edited by SimonM; 03-05-2009 at 08:37 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Actually he's really not. His theories hinge on what other scholars in the field, real experts in the Sumerian language, have characterised as consistent and significant mistranslation.
    Yeah, I looked it up! I had a false presumption he was a Sumerian scholar. I had not read that, but thought I had heard it somewhere. I can see I was incorrect.