Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jujitsu 4th degree, needs to register with the State?

I spent some time doing Grand Jury duty in NJ. I asked an ADA that question one day when we had some free time. Her response was no, there is nothing like that in NJ, however martial arts training would be considered as just one factor in the case if there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Someone I know made this claim to me today.

Other than old 1970's karate schools making these claims, has anyone EVER found this to be true in any state, let alone Illinois?

Well it IS IL....

Much like any leftist state don't you have to register anything that can be used for self defense? (IE, firearms, knives, phones that can dial 911, etc. )
    God forbid you hurt an assailant.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

that's not a point at all.

are you a fuking tard or something? Is your whole family retarded like you?

f-ing tard.
    Jameison - we all know you are a 'liberal'. You don't have to prove it by having no argument other than name calling.
    Last edited by Mas Judt; 02-28-2009 at 01:05 PM.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    yeah that doesnt really make sense as far as points go
    But then you have to understand that making sense is not Bad's strong point!

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Someone I know made this claim to me today.

Other than old 1970's karate schools making these claims, has anyone EVER found this to be true in any state, let alone Illinois?
    You didn't say why he had to register with the state. Some people DO have to do this but it has nothing to do with MA.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    My point was that he was trained to fight, yet he wasnt even charged with murder and he got a light sentence.
    I think your point is that the law doesn't look at trained fighters/martial artists any differently than most people, right?
    A unique snowflake

Blog Entries
    I teach Sociology. A couple of semesters back I had a student who told me that soon she would be registering with the police due to her acquiring her black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I asked her why she believed this was necessary. She replied that her instructor told her that this was necessary. He also claims to have done the same thing she said.

Needless to say I dismissed this as pure nonsense. Its amazing the foolish things that some people say and that others believe.
    Stop posting and start training.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    I think your point is that the law doesn't look at trained fighters/martial artists any differently than most people, right?
    You got it.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

the only people that have to register their hands are sex offenders.

i am going to leave it at that and not call anyone that cause we know how sue crazy many are on here
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    This is actually not the case. If you were to get into a fight (as the aggressor or not) it will be taken into account as an aggrevating factor. You will be required to articulate why you used the amount of force you used.

Also, it works in the reverse. If you get into a fight and you have knowledge of their high level of skill you can actually reason why you used as much force as you did.

In the eyes of the law it is more about what you can "articulate" more than what actually happened.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    This is actually not the case. If you were to get into a fight (as the aggressor or not) it will be taken into account as an aggrevating factor. You will be required to articulate why you used the amount of force you used.

Also, it works in the reverse. If you get into a fight and you have knowledge of their high level of skill you can actually reason why you used as much force as you did.

In the eyes of the law it is more about what you can "articulate" more than what actually happened.
    I was actually referring to 1bad's post that nobody seemed to understand.

And to be honest, if I get in a serious fight, I'll do whatever I have to to survive...I can't think about the law when my life is in danger.
    A unique snowflake

That was a serious overreaction to 1Bad's statement. He was being completely civil and simply trying to add to the conversation, and then Jamieson (sic?) just went completely bat-ass crazy. It's more weird than insulting.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    that's not a point at all.

are you a fuking tard or something? Is your whole family retarded like you?

f-ing tard.
    chill out DJ if it doesnt make sense then just say so!
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

you guys can't handle me berating 1bad after all his beratings?

go fuck yerselves then.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

I'm only giving back what's being given.

expect more if you're gonna be fairies about it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I had to register my C0ck with the police, in case I would use it as a lethal weapon, but in all fairness, its a very big C0ck, here is a pic:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !