Thread: Post for 9 palaces

Post for 9 palaces

This question is directed mainly to Dale Dugas (input from others is welcome). What are the recommended post sizes and is there a problem using treated wood since you are striking the post as you work the 9 palaces......we use untreated oak 4 X 4's for iron bone, but the untreated round post are hard to find.
    Thanks in advance!
    BQ

The best size posts to use are around 9 feet long. You then bury three feet of post into the ground and have 6 feet of post to train with above ground.

Untreated wood can be hard to find.

Many people use pvc posts and fill them with concrete.

My teacher, Shifu John Painter has a Nine Palace Post area with concrete filled pvc posts. They are very hard, and most excellent to train with.

Unique Publications is going to be releasing a new DVD this year about Multiple Opponent Combat using Baguazhang. In that DVD you will be able to see yours truly walking, hitting, wedging through the forest of posts.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    The best size posts to use are around 9 feet long. You then bury three feet of post into the ground and have 6 feet of post to train with above ground.
    how does an old tarred utility pole sound? i have one sunk like approx 3 feet and it stands approx 8 feet.

i have a whole pile of old utility poles on my property, like around 15 in all at approx 10-20 foot lengths. my girlfriends dad used to work for telecommunications... don't ask me how he got them here, all i know is that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post

Untreated wood can be hard to find.

Many people use pvc posts and fill them with concrete.

My teacher, Shifu John Painter has a Nine Palace Post area with concrete filled pvc posts. They are very hard, and most excellent to train with.

Unique Publications is going to be releasing a new DVD this year about Multiple Opponent Combat using Baguazhang. In that DVD you will be able to see yours truly walking, hitting, wedging through the forest of posts.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks, I look forward to the DVD....I introduced the ball training into my classes....the students love it......one of my female students is already standing on one leg while she holds her other foot over her shoulder (I can't do that yet)
    Thanks again for your help!!
    BQ