Thread: Another good clip...

Threaded View

Another good clip...

http://www.michaelkurth.com/index.ph...d=15&Itemid=19

lots of other clips on site...no prizes for guessing the teacher.

I added an article translated from German to English with Babel fish but its a good read...
    Chi Sao is one of the central exercises of the Ving of Tsun style. Mostly with ' Sticking Hände' shown, this translation tempts to large misunderstandings and does not reflect not the actual extensive meaning for the development of the aggressive talents of the practicing again. It actually concerns in this exercise complex neither only the hands/arms, the whole of the body and spirit is rather demanded, nor a ' becomes; Kleben/stuck to' , speak a passive following that Opposing arm, fixing on these, desired, since this would mean the opponent and its acting delivered its (that this helps, might itself to defeat be rather improbable probably). A further wide-spread misunderstanding concerning this exercise is that it itself thereby around (e) a feeling training/- training acts, in the sense that the user can purely defeat the opponent due to his Tastsinnes. That certain contact reflexes are developed, only this is correct from our other senses to uncouple with the reason that this sense is not manipulatable, corresponds to A. the reality and would not be b. unklug (why one should do without advantages voluntarily???). Straight in the Ving Tsun one uses pressure (via Tastsinn) evenly often also to tempt around the opponent for certain actions and that very successfully. Thus now does the question, which, arise, and/or for which this exercise is, why it has such a great importance and its relevance exists only with contact (e.g. Infight)? At the beginning it, completely determined general is valid to train combatrelevant behaviors this system with its conception (surely with many other styles according to its adjustment also) of substantial importance are: - Adjustment (frontally turned stand for the opponent) - Simultaneousness (both arms are used fully) - Structural structure (power transmission employment of the total body mass) - Distance (' a feeling for it entwickeln' , in which distance I must be to the opponent, in order to be able to meet this effectively, and/or accordingly, whether the opponent can reach me effectively). If one continues to progress in the exercises, then also the other substantial aspects become effective fully, which are there: - Timing (when I must move) - Understanding of the individual techniques and in the long run the large complex, which is then used in the long run everywhere, ' strategic behavior and Verständnis'. All these talents, one regards these in their Essenz, is not only aspects of the Infights, speaks contact if already exists, but is substantial in all ranges, distances of an argument: As I position myself, my weapons in the area, in relation to the opponent. When I move in or out and in which direction. The opponent can meet me effectively, and/or really reaches I him with full Kraft. As I attack best, as protect myself I most meaningfully, etc., etc. Speak all aspects of the necessary behavior/the necessary abilities can he/worked on become. ' Ability works on werden' and there substantial crack point lies, speaks source of danger, as from a perfect exercise at best a ' Nullrunde' becomes, in the worst possible case even that Behavior affects negatively (e.g. incorrect distance feeling, which chase to opposing hands, Use of means, which means the task of further options in the consequence, etc.), if not in every detail to the conversion/adherence to of the principles and concepts one pays attention. Also Chi Sao training may not become a Ego competition, where it concerns, not to be even only met and different, best still than revenge, to meet from it can a multiplicity of errors (unfavorable combat behavior) likewise develop, like e.g. to carefree attacking, way tricks, forcing, holding away, holding against, u.V.m. Tries one these advantages to thus always attain and is on the other hand endeavored to avoid the errors, one has an exercise, which can really help one in the development. To that extent: Good (qualitative) practicing.
    Maybe someone can edit the parts in german...but you get the 'gist'.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 04-23-2011 at 09:28 AM.