Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: Hardowork108 finally put a clip up!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    LOL

The forum should put up the money to get hardwork to fly up from south america to massachusets to wrestle dale down with his fukien ground fighting techniques.
    Nice photo of HW.

HW would hit the ground, or be tied up and owned from the first touch.

He could try his WC skills on me, being trained in South Mantis, I would not have an issue with him. No matter how many years he trained his shaolin Weng Chuan. He would lose everytime. That is obvious from his posts.

His rally cry of us knuckleheads not being trained in the Real Fu is pathetic.

Like him.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 03-09-2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Nice photo of HW.

HW would hit the ground, or be tied up and owned from the first touch.

He could try his WC skills on me, being trained in South Mantis, I would not have an issue with him. No matter how many years he trained his shaolin Weng Chuan. He would lose everytime. That is obvious from his posts.

His rally cry of us knuckleheads not being trained in the Real Fu is pathetic.

Like him.

Dale, just out of curiosity, I know you do a lot of IP/IB stuff... do you also do Iron Thread by any chance?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I have seen the Iron Thread set. never trained it. It is something similar to iron vest using sounds and various levels of tension and movement to thicken and strengthen the fascia of the body.

I really do not have to train my iron vest much anymore as Baguazhang training with all its circle walking and chan ssu jing training creates a similar effect. Great way to get training in both only doing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    chan ssu jing training
    I'm not familiar with the term.
    Is there a translation of that which I might recognize?

Also, is there a difference between Iron Thread and Iron Wire?
    What do you call someone who practices Dim Mak on themselves?
    Dum Fuk!

Chinese is rather hard to transliterate at time.

Chan Su Jin

Chan Ssu Jing

Coiling Energy

Silk Reeling Energy

Baguazhang Chan Su Jing is different than what you find in Taijiquan.

Thread or wire, all depends on how you like to translate the Hanzi for it.

Fair enough answer.

I think it's hillarious though that at least three of the five people who HW108 has most frequently ignorantly accused of not being "real kung fu guys" do some sort of CMA derived IB training.

Can't speak for Dave Ross of Kansuke as I just don't know...
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I get that alot from mouthboxers.

They seem to have as much wind come out of their mouths as their backsides.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 03-09-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Iron thread!

Is it some kind of special internet warrior style?

“ I practice iron thread. Your internet insults cannot harm me…”
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Bah, just some glorified, knuckle head, toke smoking, basket weaving, crochet knitting, sun tan lotion rubbing, brasilian wax job waxing, .....Ah ****, I forgot what I was gonna say !!
    I couldn't have put it better myself.

It seems that this is a case of "do the forms like a kung fu man but fight like a kickboxer", which defeats the object of the forms in the first place, but I suppose we can look forward to lkfmdc's new DVDs on forms training for "traditionalists".

Does this argument strike any of you all as being the least bit silly?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    sports fighting is real fighting. people get in a ring so therefore its real. they kick and punch and beat the crap out of each other. it just has set rules. to not call it real is unjust. i know some "sports" fighters that would kick the crap out of Traditional Martial Artists because the way they train and prepare themselves.
    I also know some sports fighters who in a real fight could beat the cr@p out of some of the people who had beat them in sports competitions.

Surely you see the point I am making.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    sports fighting does not equal street fighting, which is different. we all know that. people are no holds bar, if thats what you mean by "real", in the street. if you want to see a good no holds bar movie. i suggest NO HOLDS BAR!
    Evem NHB has rules! It has a referree and it has psychological preparation. Many times real fights do not give you that opportunity. Sport fighting is different from walking down the street or sitting in a bar and then suddenly someone jumps you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    both are real forms of fighting. one with rules one without. to put down one for the adoration of another is stupid IMO. they both serve a purpose and complement each other for training purposes.
    As I said before sports competitions will have their benefits as regards fighting training but don't confuse it with real fighting.

The only person "winning" here is Bawang...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    If I had a dime for every basement chunner who denied there was any wrestling in CMA
    Where did I claim that there was no wrestling techniques in CMA. Please be kind enough to show us.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    and who denied that supplementing that wrestling with ground fighting from a Japanese source I'd be a millionaire.
    If I had a dime for everytime a knucklehead falsley accused me of saying something I didn't say, then I would be a billionaire.

Japanese source????

One thing Bawang: He hasn't outright lied in that he hasn't outright said he has fought. We all can read subtexts well enough to know that HW108 has been in about as many fights as the purple teletubby. Until he comes out and says "I fight" he hasn't lied. Let him believe that chunner slap fighting is more "real" than boxing or wrestling. Because we have "rules" like 'no eye pokes' whereas his training allows him to score 'points'* for a simulated eye strike that doesn't strike.
    That is it make fun of traditional Wing Chun training. By the way, we do have contact sparring as well. See you live and learn.

*No actual points scored as he only "fights" in class, in his kwoon, in a non-competitive atmosphere because we all know that collegial slap fighting is so much like the uncompetitive world of 7eh 1337 s7r337.
    Maybe one of these days you should take your "good" self to an authentic kung fu kwoon and show your stuff there. By the way, I don't mean Dale Dugas's "kwoon". That is because his "door is always open" and there is a draft and you might catch a cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Does this argument strike any of you all as being the least bit silly?
    The motivation for this whole thread is silly but well worth investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    As I said before sports competitions will have their benefits as regards fighting training but don't confuse it with real fighting.

i dont confuse the 2. never have. never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.