Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardowork108 finally put a clip up!

Kicking somebody in the back when they are standing over you...

So it's assuming that somebody is positioned perfectly for a mount... but stays standing...

Please tell me you are joking.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    *sipping morning yerba mate*

it's never truly done.

*takes another sip of yerba mate*

i love how people lose control and resort to blantant name calling and personal insults... very mature.

*takes another sip*

ahhhhh... anyone else drink yerba mate??
    I personally prefer a well brewed Darjeeling tea brewed by myself (and not a "master" brewer ).

Mate teas are very popular in some parts of South America. I got to give it try one day.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    PS: in my last post to you or about you not only am I telling you to go fuck yourself you pathetic coward and piece of shit, but I'm also no ignoring you
    It is amazing how one is treated when one gives out his honest opinions!

I suppose the truth hurts.

Kicking someone from your back while they are standing over you can be considered "ground fighting", but more often then not, when an "advanced ground fighting method" is "rediscovered" in a TCMA, it is because someone just bought some DVD's
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Kicking somebody in the back when they are standing over you...

So it's assuming that somebody is positioned perfectly for a mount... but stays standing...

Please tell me you are joking.
    English prepositions, they do a body good
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Mate teas are very popular in some parts of South America. I got to give it try one day.
    Yerba Mate is really good. It's a bit on the bitter side so you might want to dump the first pour unless you like your tisane bitter, no fear you can get about 12 pours out of Yerba Mate.

A drop of honey is good in it or just drink it straight up.

Oh, and this is important, don't use boiling water, keep it at about 90 degrees celsius when you steep it.

And put up that video.

Dave: I assumed you had made a typo because I can't even figure out how kicking somebody from your back when they were standing over you would work. I need video for this...
    Last edited by SimonM; 03-05-2009 at 08:48 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Scorpion style kung fu !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I am lying on my back

You are standing up, in front of me, ie "at my feet"

I pick up my foot (your choice, left or right)

I boot you in the head

Still got questions?

IE most CMA "ground applications" are kicks or sweeps once you have fallen or been thrown

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

watch the end of this fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkSorVD_k4M

the guy in white pants is an authentic representative of Brazilian Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Scorpion style kung fu !!
    http://www.kungfu-taichi.com/resourc...86_preview.jpg
    look out, I stin.
    Last edited by Exadon; 03-05-2009 at 08:56 AM.

I had forgotten about that match.

the guy in white pants is an authentic representative of Brazilian Wing Chun
    Renzo gracie? authentic?
    Nah, never heard of him, what's his lineage ??

I am lying on my back

You are standing up, in front of me, ie "at my feet"

I pick up my foot (your choice, left or right)

I boot you in the head

Still got questions?

IE most CMA "ground applications" are kicks or sweeps once you have fallen or been thrown
    Ok, I'm clear now. And what if I counter and close to grappling range?
    Simon McNeil

You are asking a serious question that needs to be addressed. It has been asked before and answered by myself, but as it is the order of the day, then I will repeat myself and attempt to answer your question in more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post

just one thing, why does practising more than one MA make you a jack of all trades?
    It doesn't necessarilly!

However, when considering that to master and truly understand a single kung fu style may take decades then one will have doubts about people that flaunt their "credentials", "mastery" or at least "expertise" in a dozen or so (often contradicting) styles including kung fu!

20 years of training in almost as many martial arts that may include some kung fu does not qualify someone to make idiotic and uninformed criticisms of traditional kung fu methodology!

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat
    surely you can master them both
    And you can!

You will find that throughout history there have been REAL kung fu masters who had mastered various styles of kung fu and may have even gone on to create new ones!

This would have usually happened when through daily and dedicated training with a real kung fu sifu (not the "please buy my kickboxing dvds" variety) one would master a single kung fu style and then go to train other systems that had other fortes. Some may have even trained more than one style of kung fu at the same time.

This approach was fascilitated by the fact that most (if not all) kung fu styles share common ground as regards general principles and concepts. For example the various degrees of emphasis placed on the internals; training the roots; various body structure principles and so on. Meaning that once you had mastered one style the others would generally take less time to understand and master.

Now take someone who has trained in an external art that has many contradicting principles to that of kung fu. Lets take kickboxing for example, (something most of the forum "kung fu" experts can identify with). For a kickboxer to study traditional kung fu he will have to "change" some habits and that in itself will hold him back.

Logically speaking a modern kickboxer can adapt easier to Muay Thai then to traditional kung fu. I am not saying that it is impossible but I am saying that the better you are in such an art then the more difficult it would be to adapt to a traditional kung fu format.

Having said that I would add that adapting to a more "external" kung fu style would be easier for kickboxer but again even the "external" styles have internal elements that will eventually have to be covered, if you are studying it authentically.

The kickboxer example holds true for some styles of "hard" karate as well. This difficulty in adapting will also result in misconceptions such as, "kung fu is too soft"; "no power in kung fu"; "kung fu is not functional"; "kung fu is impractical"; "kung fu is dancing" and the now famous "we need to add to kung fu to make it practical" and "kung fu does not address groundfighting",lol.

also wouldnt practising one martial art make you less able to talk about it in a realistic way, how can you be realisitic about what you practise when you have nothign to compare it to? and you obviously cant compare what you do to any other martial art because you have no background in it ?
    When you say "practising one martial art" are you talking about kung fu or any martial art such as judo?

If you are talking about kung fu then I can say this as "experts" like Sanjuro have mentioned before, a lot of kung fu is has "MMA" aspects. The problem is that this stuff is not taught properly most of the time. The "MMA" aspects that I talk about usually has to do with infusion of other kung fu styles within one style.

Example, Wing Chun = Crane, Snake, Tiger and Dragon "wrapped" within WC's own principles and concepts. Five Ancestor Fist = Crane, Monkey,Lohan, Tai Cho.

How many people do you think train the above arts and cover their given areas in detail as regards combat fighting?

everyone has been mixing their fighting skills since the dawn of time,
    Of course they have. Pay attention to what I have written so far in this post and then you will understand my perspective.

but suddenly it scares a whole load of little guys who are "authentic" and "real"
    If you go through this thread and look for the reason the whole thread was created you will see who the scared little guys are and you will also see that they are as far away as "authentic" and "real kung fu" as you can get. However, they may still be excellent kickboxers.

point is that a mix of martial styles will beat just one 95% of the time
    why cant people get to grips with that ? its just logic 2 heads are better than one
    Well as even some knuckleheads have pointed out here, kung fu can also be classified a "mix of martial arts". However the various styles of kung fu have their own distinct concepts and principles (created by genuine masters, not knucklehead Jack of All Trades), that give them their particular strenghs, qualities and ESSENCE.

I hope you found the above expanation enlightening.

I would find video footage demonstrating Wing Chun's "authentic" ground fighting to be very elucidating. Post some HW108.
    Simon McNeil