Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardowork108 finally put a clip up!

CLF started with someone learning from three different teachers. Other branches of CLF have even more outside influence, and it has been nothing but beneficial for them.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

In regards to the issue of Cross training:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chin_Wo...ic_Association

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huo_Yuanjia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%ADz%C5%8Dngy%C3%AC

Just one example but what an example it is.

Note the Mizong influences:
    Mizong Luohan is an external style, with distinct internal influences. It draws on many aspects of the external Northern Shaolin Long Fist style, and the internal styles T'ai Chi Ch'uan , Pa Kua Chang and Hsing I Ch'uan, with which it is often taught in modern times. It is characterized by deceptive hand movements, intricate footwork, varied kicks, and high leaps. In execution, the style changes very quickly.

The emphasis on flexibility in Northern Shaolin styles is a guiding principle of Mizong, and this is evident in the versatility of its attacks and the extent to which it integrates the concepts of many internal styles. An increased emphasis on mobility often comes at the price of power, but Mizong compensates for this by providing a means for the dynamic generation of power. Mizong's unique fa jing (discharging of force) comes from the combination of the internal corkscrew power seen in Chen style Tai Chi Chuan and the external snapping power of Shaolin Long Fist. The result is the efficient generation of force through the dynamic motion of multiple elements of the body, the mastery of which gives a Mizong practitioner the capability of generating force quickly and flexibly from any distance.

This was very typical of how systems were created and how they evolved.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Yerba Mate is really good. It's a bit on the bitter side so you might want to dump the first pour unless you like your tisane bitter, no fear you can get about 12 pours out of Yerba Mate.

A drop of honey is good in it or just drink it straight up.

Oh, and this is important, don't use boiling water, keep it at about 90 degrees celsius when you steep it.
    Thank you for the recipe even if I am not sure if I can trust you.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    And put up that video.
    I will as soon as perfect my brewing technique then every knucklehead here will see and unquestionably trust my tea brewing credentials. Who knows, maybe I can call myself a "Master Brewer".

I would find video footage demonstrating Wing Chun's "authentic" ground fighting to be very elucidating. Post some HW108.
    he won't we all know that don't we

ignore him, don't encourage him, then maybe if we're lucky he'll go someplace else where people can make fun of him for a short period of time, humiliate him, and then eventually ignore his also
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    CLF started with someone learning from three different teachers. Other branches of CLF have even more outside influence, and it has been nothing but beneficial for them.
    Of course it has. Please read my post addressed to golden arhat on that same subject.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    he won't we all know that don't we

ignore him, don't encourage him, then maybe if we're lucky he'll go someplace else where people can make fun of him for a short period of time, humiliate him, and then eventually ignore his also
    Dude, stoppppppppppppppp
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Dude, stoppppppppppppppp
    lol drake was just waiting online for you to post so he could yell at you.

Dude, stoppppppppppppppp
    Tell Simon to "stoppppppppppppppp" encouraging the troll and we can continue forward, shall we?

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I would find video footage demonstrating Wing Chun's "authentic" ground fighting to be very elucidating. Post some HW108.
    Well apparently people who went to my sifu's seminar in London last year saw it. Actually there are two of them who post here. Maybe they can come and tell you about it.

If you think that just because you haven't seen it and that the knucklehead mantra dictates that there is no groundfighting in TCMA, then it does not exist then you are wrong.

There is something that is called Chin-na (kum-na) in TCMA. These are grappling style techniques and they can also be applied on the ground. Wrestling arts have existed in China long before even kung fu!

There are also various striking techniques that can be applied on the ground as well. So instead of taking lkfmdc's word for it, do some research or at least use your logic.

I don't know what is eating you guys. If you are happy with your kickboxing and BJJ training then that is fine and good luck with it. What matters is if you are happy with what you do or including lkfmdc's case, if you are happy making money from it.

Just don't make uninformed and ignorant criticisms of traditional kung fu training to inflate your (ever fragile) egos or to market your kickboxing businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Exadon View Post
    lol drake was just waiting online for you to post so he could yell at you.
    Actually, I woke up not too long ago... we had muscle failure workouts for PT this morning, and when I came back to my apartment, I just conked out. But I'm on casual status right now... I guard a phone from 1130-1300 and still get paid over $5k a month. Lots of time to train, too!

That will change next week, though, when I class up for my next school. Back to 12+ hour workdays.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Tell Simon to "stoppppppppppppppp" encouraging the troll and we can continue forward, shall we?
    Oh yeah.. missed that.

Simon...stooooppppppp....
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    In regards to the issue of Cross training:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chin_Wo...ic_Association

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huo_Yuanjia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%ADz%C5%8Dngy%C3%AC

Just one example but what an example it is.

Note the Mizong influences:
    Mizong Luohan is an external style, with distinct internal influences. It draws on many aspects of the external Northern Shaolin Long Fist style, and the internal styles T'ai Chi Ch'uan , Pa Kua Chang and Hsing I Ch'uan, with which it is often taught in modern times. It is characterized by deceptive hand movements, intricate footwork, varied kicks, and high leaps. In execution, the style changes very quickly.

The emphasis on flexibility in Northern Shaolin styles is a guiding principle of Mizong, and this is evident in the versatility of its attacks and the extent to which it integrates the concepts of many internal styles. An increased emphasis on mobility often comes at the price of power, but Mizong compensates for this by providing a means for the dynamic generation of power. Mizong's unique fa jing (discharging of force) comes from the combination of the internal corkscrew power seen in Chen style Tai Chi Chuan and the external snapping power of Shaolin Long Fist. The result is the efficient generation of force through the dynamic motion of multiple elements of the body, the mastery of which gives a Mizong practitioner the capability of generating force quickly and flexibly from any distance.

This was very typical of how systems were created and how they evolved.
    Stop repeating the obvious!

Read my post addressed to golden arhat, if it won't hurt your head too much, that is.

I guard a phone from 1130-1300 and still get paid over $5k a month. Lots of time to train, too!
    there is a right way, a wrong way and a military way to life

Actually, I woke up not too long ago... we had muscle failure workouts for PT this morning, and when I came back to my apartment, I just conked out. But I'm on casual status right now... I guard a phone from 1130-1300 and still get paid over $5k a month. Lots of time to train, too!
    Some guys have all the luck $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    That will change next week, though, when I class up for my next school. Back to 12+ hour workdays.

Rest as much as you can now. Train too. Wow, 12 hour workdays. I hope you like your job as that is one of the secrets to a happy life.

Oh yeah.. missed that.

Simon...stooooppppppp....
    if people stop feeding the troll, he'll leave, we had quiet here for a few hours you know