Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardowork108 finally put a clip up!

See you make a mistake. You assume you know anything at all about martial arts.

You further that mistake by thinking you know anything in the slightest about me.

I consider myself a TCMAist because my last 10 years of training were at a CMA school with a sifu from China who happened to be a JJ blackbelt as well as being extensively trained in TCMA and who, as a result of his experiences, strongly encouraged crosstraining as a path to martial skill.

When I then come across a four-year master babbling about purity of style and other such nonsense and when I then see it's because his sifu once branded some "groundfighting" as WC, something I consider funny since I have more than a passing understandingof WC and know it to be entirely devoid of ground techniques I want to see those.

Of course here is where it gets a bit complicated because the {appropriated term} knucklehead who is attacking my kung fu purity assumes that I am immediately going to mock and deride him. He doesn't understand that I will do so... only if he posts video worthy of derision. Should he post something valid I'll either say "looks fine" or possibly even thank him for the useful ideas (as I did when Master Killer gave me some tips for evading an arm bar for example).

But the knucklehead in question is 100% full of the rotting fecal matter of male bovines and so I know he will never put up but it's also unlikely he will ever shut up.

And so until he does one or the other I will continue asking him for video.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Wing Chun is devoid of a lot more than just ground fighting.
    hahahahaha +1
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    hardwork i would just give up man. its obvious to us that your knowledge of kung fu is very 1 sided and you aren't open to thinking.

if anything MMA did, it was improve kung fu. it woke up kung fu people around the world.
    Correction, it woke people who were practising Mac Kung fu!

That is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    before mma
    kung fu trains these applications with unrealistic punches and applications made for combat in the pre 1900's. pre western boxing introduction.
    Are you saying that pre 1900's people were genetically different and used different mostions to fight? Where do you people come from???

which if you look at history of sanshou they incorporated western punching methods.
    Well I was led to believe that western style boxing techniques had existed in some kung fu styles, of course, using TCMA body structure principles.

However, if Sanshou uses boxing techniques then that is because just like boxing it is a fighting SPORT!

after mma
    kung fu reworks itself to modify itself to modern fighting methods.
    Hence "sifus" such as Mr Dave Ross...lol

Shaolinlueb, despite what the "kung fu" modernists say, kung fu has always been a fighting art. It was developed for combat not for dancing nor for kickboxing purposes.

I admit and I always say that most kung fu schools are cr@p and that is to do with the current Mcdojo/kwoon phenomenom. Of course there were bad kung fu schools always.

a punch is a punch and a kick is a kick. but the execution is different.
    Maybe one day you will learn the proper kung fu executions of the punch and kick , including their rich varieties, and hopefully they will open your eyes.

like my boy master killer said.
    boxers didn't fight the same way in 1900 as they do today. kung fu fighters don't have to fight the same way as then either. things evolve, focuses become different.
    Yes I have heard this before, in the old days people would attack you with pillows and feathers but nowadays they will use their fists and feet. That is why modern fighters are better.

if you do any reading at all on the history of martial arts, which i don't think you do. you seem to believe all the spew from "a teachers mouth" and these legends about people taking 30 people out without getting hurt.
    That is an untrue statement. If you think I have made such references then please provide links!!!

you will find out that once the gun started being introduced you found more kung fu masters carrying them
    That is a possibility.

and training less because it worked better.
    That is a silly statement. Do people train less MMA because guns work better? Lol,lol,lol.

You have missed the point of training kung fu.

time change man, this isn't the 15th century china with swords and knives. you will find kung fu masters trained to get hit also, because they knew you were, you arent invincible.
    I don't think that I understand what you are saying here but from the rest of your post I do have an idea about your "kung fu".

Well... I guess I'll have to settle with the stupidity being contained here in this thread...

You all are looking reallllly bad right now. This is from an unbiased source.

Hardwork, honestly, if you post something in the way of credentials, you'll be taken more seriously. And I am noticing that you are playing your part in dragging this out.

To the two sifus who are going along with the stupidity, please refrain. I expect more from you guys, being leaders in the MA community. You KNOW they won't come visit your school, you KNOW they won't fight you, and you KNOW they won't ever agree with you, so why bother? Wasted energy, sifus. Take the higher ground.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Wing Chun is devoid of a lot more than just ground fighting.
    As it is practised in most kwoons!

No arguments from me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Hardwork, honestly, if you post something in the way of credentials, you'll be taken more seriously.
    I am sorry but "credentials" flaunted over the internet mean nothing. Look at lkfmdc and Dale Dugas, they have "credentials" coming out of their ears but look at how they behave.

It is all in the posts!

If you know kung fu then you will recognize it in the posts and I am not talking about "there are frauds teaching tradtional kung fu, so buy my kickboxing DVDs and learn the real thing", either!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    And I am noticing that you are playing your part in dragging this out.
    I am just answering their accusations.

To the two sifus who are going along with the stupidity, please refrain.
    Will stop calling them sifus!!!

I expect more from you guys, being leaders in the MA community.
    "Leaders"??? Lol,lol. You are joking, right?

You KNOW they won't come visit your school, you KNOW they won't fight you, and
    ....they know that that is why they make their empty challenges...lol,lol,lol.

you KNOW they won't ever agree with you, so why bother?
    They "bother" because they are here to MARKET their martial arts businesses!

Wasted energy, sifus. Take the higher ground.
    Right now I would say that these "sifus" are a very long way to the south of the higher ground!

Seriously, if you want to see some real sifus' posts here then read some of the posts by EarthDragon, Chusauli (master Robert Chu), Sifu Ali Rahim and Vajramusti. You will see the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Correction, it woke people who were practising Mac Kung fu!
    90% of the schools out there are mac kung fu. you have to live with it/

Are you saying that pre 1900's people were genetically different and used different mostions to fight? Where do you people come from???
    yes and no i am saying. l;ast mastch i saw of 2 authentic kung fu masters form the 30's in HK looked like 2 people who studied for a year. you should look it up. white crane vs something else.

Well I was led to believe that western style boxing techniques had existed in some kung fu styles, of course, using TCMA body structure principles.

However, if Sanshou uses boxing techniques then that is because just like boxing it is a fighting SPORT!
    western boxing styles exist in kung fu system? i honestly donty know. and yes we all know san shou is a sport. but its still kung fu.

Shaolinlueb, despite what the "kung fu" modernists say, kung fu has always been a fighting art. It was developed for combat not for dancing nor for kickboxing purposes.
    obviously, i never said any difference. back at you. but you have to understand kick boxing is kung fu. and its easier to get then all these throws and chin-na's so it is a good starting point. dont tell me you went into advanced training on your first day? i would seriously like to see you throw a couple punches.

I admit and I always say that most kung fu schools are cr@p and that is to do with the current Mcdojo/kwoon phenomenom. Of course there were bad kung fu schools always.
    agreed. same goes for karate and tkd.

Maybe one day you will learn the proper kung fu executions of the punch and kick , including their rich varieties, and hopefully they will open your eyes.
    maybe we can meet and i can demonstrate on you?

Yes I have heard this before, in the old days people would attack you with pillows and feathers but nowadays they will use their fists and feet. That is why modern fighters are better.
    not saying it is better. talking from a sport perspective it is different. go look at old boxer photo's comapred to new ones. they learn new techniques and idea's to train. kung fu needs to do the same.

That is an untrue statement. If you think I have made such references then please provide links!!!
    i got the impression thats the way you were. from the posts you put up.

That is a silly statement. Do people train less MMA because guns work better? Lol,lol,lol.
    that was a silly statement, I have to find the book I have and reread what it said in there about this subject.

You have missed the point of training kung fu.
    nope I haven't. I have used my kung fu successfully.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

You are acting the same way, though.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Do you claim that your training is not the usual WC fare than? Because if that is the case you know what comes next:

PROVE IT
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    See you make a mistake. You assume you know anything at all about martial arts.
    Your mistake is that you think that I "assume".

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    You further that mistake by thinking you know anything in the slightest about me.
    It is all in your posts, Simon. You have a blind spot regarding things that you don't believe in.

I consider myself a TCMAist because my last 10 years of training were at a CMA school
    And most CMA schoos are McKwoons. If you don't believe me then ask Shaolinueb.

with a sifu from China
    And?

Please read lkfmdc's post regarding sifus from China.

Christ, if you knuckleheads are not going to agree amongst yourselfs then this is going to hurt you even more.

who happened to be a JJ blackbelt
    So he shot himself in the foot (speaking TCMA wise, of course).

as well as being extensively trained in TCMA
    I wish I had a dollar for every time someone told me that his sifu had extensive training in TCMA.

Again, read lkfmdc's post on the subject. Come on knuckleheads, unite!

and who, as a result of his experiences, strongly encouraged crosstraining as a path to martial skill.
    You mean he got his "extensively" trained butt handed to him and hence decided to crosstrain?

Or was he talking about crosstraining that follows the TCMA mode, discussed earlier by myself???

When I then come across a four-year master babbling about purity of style
    You are being deceitfull on purpose. My kung fu experience is not of 4 years and I have never claimed to be a master or sifu, unlike some the knuckleheads here.

However, I practice authentic kung fu and that puts me ahead of you and all like you as far as understanding of TCMA goes.

and other such nonsense and when I then see it's because his sifu once branded some "groundfighting" as WC, something I consider funny since I have more than a passing understandingof WC and know it to be entirely devoid of ground techniques I want to see those.
    And that shows that you don't know anything about Wing Chun. Tell me has lkfmdc sold you any Wing Chun dvds in the past? lol,lol,lol.

Of course here is where it gets a bit complicated because the {appropriated term} knucklehead who is attacking my kung fu purity assumes that I am immediately going to mock and deride him.
    Of course not, because any mocking remark from people such as yourself sends me into uncontrolled ironic laughter.

He doesn't understand that I will do so... only if he posts video worthy of derision. Should he post something valid I'll either say "looks fine" or possibly even thank him for the useful ideas
    You are giving yourself too much credit. Look, by just reading your posts I know that you are more clueless about TCMA than you were about politics when you were discussing it with me in another thread...lol.

(as I did when Master Killer gave me some tips for evading an arm bar for example).
    And you couldn't get that info from your JJ black belt sifu who trained "extensively" in TCMA???LOl,lol,lol.

Christ!
    You couldn't invent this stuff...lol,lol,lol.

But the knucklehead in question is 100% full of the rotting fecal matter of male bovines and so I know he will never put up but it's also unlikely he will ever shut up.
    You and people like you may want to learn your kung fu from dvds or want to be critics of things that you have no hope of understanding, but I personally like to train my kung fu with a real kung fu sifu.

And so until he does one or the other I will continue asking him for video.
    You can ask all you want...lol.

The only thing that you will achieve is show even more people here how clueless and superficial you are about TCMA training.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 03-05-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Do you claim that your training is not the usual WC fare than? Because if that is the case you know what comes next:

PROVE IT
    Hey Simon,

Why green?

Hey Simon,

Why green?

hulk is green, hulk smash!

i wish you would post something to show that you know what the real authentic kung fu is. cause i sure as hell would love to finally see real authentic kung fu cause all us gwailo's don't know anything and it would shut us up.

I wish that you would stop stating the obvious and actually think a little deeper about this subject.

I hope that I don't live to regret using the "think" word with the knuckleyhead.
    HOOOOLLLLLLDDDD ON A SEC

u said that you had to have studied for DECADES in order to become a master

master huo was considered one of the best

he advocated cross training and his school taught many styles

he died at like what 40 ? he was beating people and teaching people in his 20's so that means assuming he started trainig at like 7 (i dont know when he started but it doesnt make a difference cos its unlikely he started trainingfrom when he was born so there is no way he could have had DECADES of experience when at the most he could have had about 15 years experience

and yet he was teaching and people referred to him as sifu and master

so explain that away

all youve given is your views like for instance you'd learn one style first and then NOT BACKED IT UP AT ALL

sanjuro has said something and shown why its true
    whast so hard about just giving people evidence ?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    For what its worth, Sifu Prividic seems like serious MA and while some of his former students may be a bit enamored with some of his past expoits, he seems level headed and straightforward.
    Currently he seems to be blending his eastern MA experience with his western MA heratige.
    These was a link to his website on another thread I think.
    so wait hold on

his teacher is a mixed martial artist? LMFAO
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.