Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toxin Free Mouthpeice Please

Toxin Free Mouthpeice Please

Soft plastics often contain evil toxins such as Phthalates. I suspect that mouthpeice, which you melt to fit your mouth is a likely candidate for these toxins linked to all sorts of health problems.

Any non plastic high quality mouthpeice?

What did people use for mouthpeice before plastic?

Like old boxers for instance.

Here is a well done article which hits on not only Phthalates, but other toxins we are exposed to.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...4_toxins_r_us/

Everything is deadly these days.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I stay away from all of those artificial plastics. That is why I make my own mouthpiece from lead.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    i honestly don't think you will have your mouthpiece in your mouth for long enough durations of time for it to matter.

right now, one would basically have to stop breathing to avoid toxins...and eating, and drinking anything.

i agree to try to avoid stuff if possible but, honestly, the mouthguard is not one I'm going to worry about.

which reminds me I lost mine and need a new one.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    which reminds me I lost mine and need a new one.
    that is the other reason-you won't have it that long anyway. You always lose them.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

yea, just when they start to taste good....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I stay away from all of those artificial plastics. That is why I make my own mouthpiece from lead.
    I make mine completely out of cartilage from dead babies.

not only protective, but tasty too.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    that is the other reason-you won't have it that long anyway. You always lose them.
    I keep mine in a $.50 soap dish.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I keep mine in a $.50 soap dish.
    yea, but then you have to remember to put it back in there...i lose mine most often if I'm trying to teach and train at the same time....mouthpiece in for training....mouthpiece out for talking...and, crap, where the hell did i put that **** thing...last week i tucked it inside my neoprene knee brace and forgot it was there till i wondered why my knee was hurting

You can get a Custom Fit Mouthpiece

Hi Tainan,

You can go into most dentist office's and get a custom fit mouthpiece for sports. Prices vary. Some will do it for as little as $10 for an athlete, but they can cost up to $75. They're worth the money and any serious martial artist should have one.

yea, but is it free of toxins? probably not...almost any plastic that can be moulded will certainly have something chemical like...i don't know what exactly...that allows it to be formed through heat

i like plastic cups too, cause they are poisonus. heck if i use anything way too much i get cancer

CANCER! F*CK YEAH! KILLING YOUR @SS TO RUIN YOUR MOTHER F*CKING DAY, YEAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

punches before plastic

What did people use for a mouth piece before the invention of plastic?

A reinforced loufa sponge?

pig cartilige? or cartilige from some other animal? but, most probably they didn't do much of anything.

i just ordered a new one today...a shock doctor in neon green!

i believe the first mouthpieces were rubber & pretty uncomfortable.
    It took the bareknuckle boxing guys a long time to even go that far though, most didn't wear them till the end.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting