Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chi Cultivation in WC

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    What if your attacker hates life and hates you?

An your love enrages him to axe kick you in the face.
    Or better, you're a girl and get jumped by 8 guys that proceed to gang-rape you brutally.

i guess u can call it making love . . . technically? :/
    Last edited by Violent Designs; 03-11-2009 at 06:34 PM.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

i call it

I call it violent love making....

or maybe hateful passion....

ha ha...

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    Or better, you're a girl and get jumped by 8 guys that proceed to gang-rape you brutally.

i guess u can call it making love . . . technically? :/

I call it violent love making....

or maybe hateful passion....

ha ha...
    Dam.n straight.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

An your love enrages him to axe kick you in the face.

What if the sky fall down?

To many if....

well, the world is a wonderfull place. what one give out one get back.

PS.
    Could you please share to us about yourself?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-11-2009 at 09:22 PM.

please

Please tell me what you wanna know...I would be happy to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

To many if....

PS.

Please tell me what you wanna know...I would be happy to share?

feel free to Share with us anything you feel great about WCK or your training.

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

To many if....

PS.
    Unfortunately reality hurts . . .

The sky "won't" fall down.

The world is indeed a wonderful place.

But that wouldn't stop people from trying to rob and kill you.

You can't fight a knifer with love, lol.
    - Yagyū Munenori

THis guy must have read too many of your KFO posts. I'm starting to sympathise with him.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Unfortunately reality hurts . . .

The sky "won't" fall down.

The world is indeed a wonderful place.

But that wouldn't stop people from trying to rob and kill you.

You can't fight a knifer with love, lol.

If that type of world is what you like to live in sure.

In ancient China, there is a story of a person always try to prepare if the sky fall down.

In ancient China, there is also a story of a mother who move to live in different place to give her son a good education and be with the proper neighborhood, to grow up become a proper person.

as for fighting, face it, dis regard how or what people said Shao Lin is Anti-Qing and all the heroic stories about anti-qing. or Shao Lin develop the best martial art to kill the qing......etc

Qing Doesnt goes away. and Shao Lin got burn down to ground and those from Shao lin have to fleet.

But, due to the influence of a few Buddhist monk's loving kindness toward the first 2 emperors of Qing Dynasty, Han or the Chinese get a better life.

what is your reality? your own choice.

want to be as good figther as those anti Qing Shao Lin ? your own choice.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-12-2009 at 06:18 PM.

你别把我当作傻逼。我跟他们不一样。

一个人没法活在古老的中国里。

一个人要活在现实之中。

老骨头都死了。
    - Yagyū Munenori

你别把我当作傻逼。我跟他们不一样。

一个人没法活在古老的中国里。

一个人要活在现实之中。

老骨头都死了。

1, since this is an english forum. Here I do a brief translation of your post so others can follow. if you have better translation, please feel free to make correction.

Translation:

You dont take me as a fool.
    I am different then them.
    One cannot live in ancient China.
    One have to live in reality.
    Those old bone have dead.

2, You have the choice to select your reality. free will and free country. I am just relaying what is the practice of the Top martial artists in China, so dont shoot me.

I brought this up so that those who is interested can have a factual view on what is happening. I take everyone equally with respect.

A few days ago some in this WCK forum ask about ancient Chinese writing language. The following is a sample of the Classical Chinese writing.

3, The following are the practice of present day famous Chinese martial artist/ qigong/ TCM master: for example master Ma Li-Dang 马礼堂
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/67463.htm

in cultivation of Qi

According to Master Ma Li-Dang,
    孟子说:“我善养吾浩然之气”,还告诉人们养气的方法是“求放心”,“不动心”,“勿助长”。 .... 练养气功就是要求人们通过练功来培养这种真气。

Meng Tzu said " I am keen in growing my boundless Qi. and the method of growing and cultivating are " quiet the mind, never force it to grow"...
    The kung fu of cultivating Qi is growing this type of Zhen Qi via training.

爱是生人本,憨为处世根。
    心中无怨恶,学道见天心。

Master Ma Li Dang Said:

Love is the foundation of human
    straight and honest is the root of how to deal with others in the world.
    No Hate within the heart,
    Leaning Dao is to know the heart of heaven.

note:

仁者無敵 :孟子的人生哲學
    “仁人無敵于天下”,有了這樣的修養和“浩然之氣”,就能夠無所畏懼。

The life philosophy of Meng Tzu: Those with Loving Kindness is un defeatable.

Meng Tzu said, those who is loving kindness in un defeatable, with this type of Loving kindness cultivation and boundless Qi, one will be able to attain fearless.

The movie IpMan the legend also shared this philosophy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7OGK...eature=related

Be it from Master Ma Li-dang to Ip Man the legend, Hsing Yi to WCK, same Chinese philosophy.

For those who watches Ip Man the legend and wonder where is the philosophy is based --- Meng Tzu's “仁人無敵于天下” Those with Loving Kindness is un defeatable.

we like it or not that is the fact.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-12-2009 at 09:45 PM.

ok, I use English for this.

Of course, I love my country and history more than anything. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Chinese arts are for me, my life. They are the most important things for me.

But a lot of these old "masters" I think . . . . do not know what the **** they are talking about.

Supposedly, very powerful fighters right?

OK, the ones 100, even 60 years ago, we can only go by stories. No video cameras, that is fine.

But today, we can document everything. If your chi is powerful, and you are excellent fighter, show us maybe?

As a Chinese you should know best.

Saving face, sometimes, is more important than telling truth.

In this case, it is fighting ability.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Cultivate Qi.

Plant a tree.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Of course, I love my country and history more than anything. I wouldn't have it any other way. Chinese arts are for me, my life. They are the most important things for me. ------

Ok, that is admirable.

But a lot of these old "masters" I think . . . . do not know what the **** they are talking about. ----------

There are different type of people in the world. There are good one there are con man.

" A lot" is relative depend on who have you expose to. You are absolutely correct if most of who you expose to are as you mention.

However, that cant represent ALL.

NOw, saying the above, Could you please share with us who you are, what is your style? how long you have studied TCMA, Who is your sifu or sifus? So that way we could understand the angle you look at the issue.

Supposedly, very powerful fighters right?
    OK, the ones 100, even 60 years ago, we can only go by stories. No video cameras, that is fine. But today, we can document everything. -------

In different era people document things differently.

If your chi is powerful, and you are excellent fighter, show us maybe? --------

This topic is on Chi Cultivation in WC/TCMA not about me.

I am not qualified to be a representator of TCMA, But master like Ma Li-Dang or Master Wang Pei Shen are.

\
    Take Master Ma Li-Dang or Master Wang Pei Shen for example if you are in Beijing you will know who they are and thier capability. They just passed away a decade ago and there are lots of documentary of them.

http://www.plumpub.com/info/Bios/bio_wangpeisheng.htm

Saving face, sometimes, is more important than telling truth.
    In this case, it is fighting ability. ---------

You certainly have your points.

For me,

1, it is not about Chinese or non chinese. It is about to relay what TCMA and Qi cultivation FACTs so those who is interested could trace what is going on.

2, The Truth of TCMA has many faces, instead of just as what you state above "FIGTHING ABILITY".

As From Shao lin, it said,

少林寺习武戒约

1.习此技术者,以强健体魄为要旨,宜朝夕行事,不可随意作辏
      2.宜入佛门,悲怜为怀,纵于技术精娴,只可习以自卫,切戒逞气血之私,好勇斗狠,犯者与 违反朝规同罪 。
      3.平日对待师长,宜敬谨将事,勿得有违抗及傲慢之行为。
      4.对待后辈,须和顺、温良、诚信,孝双亲,不得恃强凌弱,任意妄为。
      5.游行之时,如与俗家相遇,宜以忍辱救世为主旨,不可轻恃技术而逞强。
      6.凡属少林师法,不可逞愤相较,但偶而遭遇,未知来路,须先以左手作掌上与眉齐,如系同 派则以右掌照 式答之,则彼此相知,当互为援助,以示同道之谊。
      7.饮酒食肉为佛门之大戒,宜敬谨遵守,盖酒能夺志,肉可昏神也。
      8.女色男风犯之必遭天谴,亦为佛门之所难容,凡吾宗门弟子,必严守戒规,勿毫违矣。
      9.凡俗家弟子,不可轻以技术相授,以免危害于世,违佛氏之宗旨。如深知其人确性情纯良, 而又无强悍暴 狠之行,始可传之。但饮酒淫欲之戒须使其人誓为谨守,勿得以一时之兴,而逞强斗狠,此禅宗之第 一要义,幸勿 轻忽视之也。
      10.戒恃强争胜之心,及贪得自夸之习,世之以此自丧其身而兼流毒于人者,不知凡几。盖以 技击术之于人 ,其关系至为紧要;或炫技于一时,或凌弱逞暴而生意外之波澜,为禅门之败类,贻羞当世,取祸俄 顷,是岂先师 创立此术之本意也乎!凡在后学者宜切记之。

3, How can one rate fighting ability?

From my limited experience studying different type of art from Judo to Kyokusin to WC to......
    Even in the same class by the same teachers there are better and not that good fighter.
    And Sometimes I do good and Sometimes I do poorly.

However, saying that, I heard that , in TCMA one can clearly rate the preparation or conditioning for combat.

IE: in the old ancient term, such as

Does one's training/conditioning activate all of 8 special medirians? If one's training dont have the complete activation one knows one couldnt even passed the basic physical manual ability.

One of the significant of Qi cultivation is to activate all the 8 special medirians. In the modern and surface sense, activate all the 8 speical medirians means a better handling /manualing capability of the different part of physical body for different motion.

Qi is use here as an indicator to lead one to have a smooth flow in these medirians and the physical result is one be able to have a better agile/handling on their body.

if the opponent is very strong in physical and one only have train two medirians, forget about the fight. One have already lost.

are you a TCMA practitioner? if not then the question is not for you. If yes, then why do you do those form or set? if you are WCner since this is a WC forum, then what benifit do you get with your SLT/SNT? if there is no benifit for your FIGHTING purpose, why do you do it? if yes, then what is the purpose? what is the result?

Saying that, could you please shared with us, have you activate all of the 8 special medirians and related muscle in your body? if yes, then do you use Qi as a lead or sensor to full fill this? or you use other medium. Do you do it in a Kang way or Rou Way? it is external Kung or Internal Kung?

See, the bottom line is not about being a Chinese or not, Not to defend, and not to offend, BUT to work to reveal what is what in a common sense.

as you said, "
    Saving face, sometimes, is more important than telling truth."

Sure, let's investigate what is the truth instead of saving face.
    Let's report what is what with facts instead of via "I THINK" for " I THINK" doesnt mean a THING.

and

Loving Kindness doesnt mean one ignore the training of the combat capability or one doesnt have high skill. It only means one choose to use one's skill in a loving kindness way.

Do I know Qi exist and could be evoked? yes. Do I believe Qi is everything and it is similar to those shown in Street Fighter the movie? NOPE!

Do I believe in standing there doing SLT/SNT and fantasy somedays one can be the best fighter like Bruce Lee? Nope.

Do I believe doing SLT/SNT is a powerfull training? Yes. But you need to know the proper way.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-13-2009 at 11:57 AM.

so, does SLT/SNT open the 8 special channel?
    Yes, according to the ancient teaching and also there is how the Yin and Yang related in a big way. and all the yin and yang means something physical there. nothing fantasy.

But then,

The Chinese ancestors rather one open one's loving kindness heart first.

Thus, they call the art Wing Chun. Praise the Spring. Heart is analogy as Ground in ancient Chinese. At Spring time Ground is lively and promote grow.

If the Chinese ancestors believe only in KILL KILL and Fight Fight and nothing else.

then, they might as well call it Wing Chao or Praise the Fall. For Fall in China is the time for EXECUTION.

But the Ancestor doesnt call it Wing Chao.

So, what do one practice? Wing Chun or the Wing Chao which one created based on one's mindset which is no longer Wing Chun in the traditional Chinese ancestors way.

It is a free world, everyone believe in what they believe. and everyting is ok because everyone choose the consequence of their action.

and

finally,

孟子说:“我善养吾浩然之气”,还告诉人们养气的方法是“求放心”,“不动心”,“勿助长”。 .... 练养气功就是要求人们通过练功来培养这种真气。

is the way to cultivate Qi.

The method 求放心”,“不动心”,“勿助长” in the western sense is LET GO (the Mind) LET GOD (take care of it ).

There is no EAST or WEST. THe method is common because it is about human.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-13-2009 at 12:26 PM.