Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Songshan Shaolin Temple Day

Shaolin Temple Day (California)

Since 2004, California legislated that March 21st of every year

the Shaolin temple day.

in celebration of the chan wu culture heritage.

my brother invited me to some activity

I was too tired to go.

But every body had some fun.

---

the one close to me

is in live oak park, temple city

Sunday 1:30 PM.

Somewhat irrelevant

I reported on Josh Pane in my article Songshan Shaolin Temple Day 2009: The Northern Temples in the 2009 July/August issue.
    New yoga studio has Capitol connections
    By Malcolm Maclachlan | 09/09/10 12:00 AM PST

Josh Pane spends his days trying to improve the business climate for clients like the Morongo Band of Mission Indians. But he also has a new business interest of his own: a yoga studio, hatched on a legislative trip that included a visit to a Shaolin temple, and housed in a New Deal-era building renovated with a public grant.

Yoga Shala opened on July 6 in the old YWCA building on 17th Street. Blocks from the Capitol, the studio has already drawn in several legislative staffers.

Pane's partner is yoga instructor Tyler Langdale.Langdale was also one of the instructors who travelled to Washington D.C. with his now former employers, Zuda Yoga in Midtown, to teach yoga classes on the White House lawn as part of the annual Easter Egg Roll last year. The enthusiasm that Michelle Obama and other members of the First Family have for yoga has certainly contributed to its growing mainstream appeal.

Pane said he knows lots of people around the Capitol who do it, including Republicans like Sen. Mimi Walters, R-Laguna Niguel, and former Assemblyman Guy Houston. He started practicing a decade ago, and said the practice transcends mere exercise and helps him unwind from his daily political battles.

“Yoga seeks to purify the body, and then one can purify one’s mind,” Pane said. “It is a wonderful moving meditation.”

His association with Langdale, 27 — a former All-American college swimmer at Principia College in Illinois, and later a swim coach — started four years ago, when he became one of the clients of Langdale’s massage therapy business. When Langdale started teaching at Zuda, Pane came over to the new studio.

“He’s been a big supporter of mine forever,” Langdale said. “He took my second yoga class ever, and he was the only student.”

Early last year, Pane decided he wanted to take teacher-training classes.

“He wanted to go to the source for training,” Langdale said. “I was like, India? I’ll go to India!”

About that same time, Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, brought a group of Shaolin monks from China. Pane arranged for them to do a martial arts and acrobatics show at the Masonic Temple, which also houses the offices of Pane & Pane, the lobbying firm he started with his wife, Donna Pane, in 1993.

Yee was planning a legislative trip to China at the time. Pane suggested to Langdale that they tag along, then head to India afterwards. While Langdale has been specializing in teaching a style of power yoga known as Vinyasa flow, for months the pair studied a related but more traditional Ashtanga style.

This culminated in a month-long adventure in November, which included 12 days in China and another 16 in India. One of the nights was spent in a Shaolin Temple, high in the sacred Shao Shan Mountains.

“It was freezing cold,” Langdale said. “No one spoke English. It was so much fun looking back on it. The next day we got the private tour from the abbot himself.”

They later headed off to several spots in India, including the famed Mysore Mandala Yoga Shala, in the ancient city of Mysore, near the equator. They studied with a yogi there, who, in sweltering conditions, put “these two big American guys” in positions so awkward that Pane said “you could barely do anything.” Then he had them concentrate on their breathing for long periods. Concentrating on breathing in and out of your nose for 90 minutes, Pane said, really helps in learning balance.

It was while sitting on a beach in Goa that the pair started to talk more seriously about Langdale opening his own studio. But it was several months before things really got going and they decided on the YWCA space.

“When we came back, he put a little money together, I put a little money together, and started searching,” Pane said. “We were very fortunate to get that space after we looked at 20 spaces.”

The midtown YWCA building was built in 1934. It was recently renovated with a $2.8 million grant from the Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency and the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco. It reopened in late June. Yoga Shala is the only business they are renting to, Langdale said. The classes are taught in a large open room with an exposed beam wooden ceiling.

“It’s been an absolutely beautiful place to open up,” Langdale said. “It provides that sense of simplicity.”

This back-to-basics ethic can also be seen in the name Yoga Shala, which essentially just means “yoga school.” The teacher line-up includes some other ex-Zuda instructors, including Rachel Miller, who is also a recognized local artist.

The studio seems to be catching on with at least a few Capitol staffers. Stephanie Hineline, scheduler for Sen. Joe Simitian, D-Palo Alto, was part of a group of staffers who had been meeting for the last couple of years after another studio on the K St. Mall was closed by an eminent domain dispute. For a while, she said, they were doing yoga in Capitol Park.
    “It was hard,” she said. “You had to balance on the grass.”

For her, the proximity and lunchtime classes make a huge difference. Because she’s a parent and lives out in Elk Grove, she said, evening classes weren’t really a possibility. Another student is Ryan Ojakian, also in Simitian’s office. They noted that while there were at least three Republicans in the group of 10 or more Capitol staffers who go to Yoga Shala, so far he’s the only guy. With the legislative session now at an end, he’s planning on being there a lot more.

“The last month has been brutal,” he said of the long hours that come with the bill deadline.

Erica Martinez, a consultant with the office of Speaker John Perez, D-Los Angeles, agrees. A runner, she said that the last few months she found herself “problem solving” in her head while she hit the pavement.

She had never done yoga before a few months ago. But she said that yoga allows her to clear her mind in a way that running doesn’t.

“It sounds corny, but I feel like I can find kindness and solace there,” Martinez said. She added, “It is more frustrating in the last two to three years than it has been in the past. The budget situation is so horrible. The dynamics in the Legislature can be challenging. It’s very stressful to be in the building.”

These days, Pane and Langdale still meet once a week for a private yoga class together. They also talk regularly about possibilities for the business. One idea they’ve been working on is going to a donation-based system, where students pay what they can and what they think is fair.

But in the meantime, they’re mainly hoping that their passion catches on with others around the Capitol.

“I’ve joked with Tyler that we have to do a ‘yoga for lobbyists’ class,” Pane said. He added, “I think it helps in dealing with the pressure cooker amazingly.”
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

2011 Shaolin Temple Day Celebration

It's this weekend, but a small affair this year - just a veg picnic at Lake Elizabeth, which is right down the street from our office, and a school competition.
    2011 Shaolin Temple Day Celebration

Sunday March 20, 2011 • Lake Elizabeth / Central Park, Fremont CA
    • 11 am: Vegetarian Picnic
    • 1 pm: Shaolin Temple USA Students Kung Fu Competition
    In case of rain, the celebration will be held at Shaolin Temple USA Culture Center in Fremont, 4343 Peralta Blvd.
    You will be notified in time.

Please sign up for the picnic and competition ASAP

— There will be no classes at our San Francisco and Fremont culture centers today —
    The annual Shaolin Temple Day (March 21, 2011) is just around the corner. Shaolin Temple USA will celebrate this year's special day on Sunday, March 20 at the beautiful Lake Elizabeth in Central Park of Fremont CA. We are getting together to celebrate Shaolin way of life, such as healthy, vegetarian diet, Shaolin Kung Fu for physical and spirit wellness, and harmony with nature and among ourselves.

We will also hold our first student competition on the traditional Shaolin fist, weapons and wellness forms that our students have learned at Shaolin Temple USA. We encourage all our students to participate. It's a great way to sharpen up your skills preparing for a good performance at the competition. Students who are planning to compete in the upcoming UC Berkeley and Kung Fu Magazine tournaments, this will be your rehearsal before the big tournaments.

Vegetarian Picnic: 11 am

The picnic at 11 am will be a light vegetarian lunch. You have the option of paying a small fee ($5/adult, $3/age 7 or under) for your lunch, or bringing a vegetarian dish or two to share. You may like to consider bringing the following:

Salad
    Fruits
    Main Dish
    Starch (Rice, Noodle, Bread, etc)
    Drinks
    Desserts

Be creative. As veggie dishes go, any tofu, bean, seaweed, avocado, nuts and even some exotic exotic dishes such as couscous, quinoa are fine.

Please note that according to the Buddhist Sutra, e.g., Shurangama Sutra (leng yan jing), the Five Pungent Herbs 5–¡ (onions in any color, e.g., green, red, and white, garlic, scallions, leeks, and chives) should be spared from the Buddhist vegetarian dishes. Not only are they pungent, but also create anger and arousal. They are disrespectful for offerings. Eggs should be avoided as well.

For more information on vegetarianism, visit:
    http://drba.org/dharma/btts/9xxEntryDetail.asp?wid=33
    http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O108-diet.html
    http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/history/staff/d-keown.php

For vegetarian recipes, go to:
    http://drba.org/dharma/veggie/default.asp

For further information on Shurangama Sutra (leng yan jing), go to:
    http://www.drbachinese.org/online_re..._Dharma.b3.htm

Shaolin Temple USA Students Kung Fu Competition: 1:00 pm

Competition Events—

Fist Forms:
    Lianhuan Fist, Tongbi Fist, 5 Animals Fist, Xiaohong Fist

Weapons:
    Yinshou Staff, Plum Blossom Broadsword, Damo Sword

Wellness:
    Baduanjin, Yijinjing (1st 3 sections), Xisuijing (1st 3 sections), Xinyi Fist

Age Groups:
    1. Children (12 years and under)
    2. Youths and Adults (all other ages)

Prizes:
    First 3 places of each event, plus—
    - Fist Grand Champion
    - Weapons Grand Champion
    - Wellness Grand Champion

You are required to sign a Hold Harmless Agreement with Shaolin Temple USA prior to the competition.

Competitors please wear your traditional Shaolin uniform for your events.

For more information, please call 415-666-9966 or 510-818-9966.
    Email: ShaolinUSA@yahoo.com.cn

Lake Elizabeth in Cental Park, Fremont CA
    40000 Paseo Padre Parkway, Fremont, CA
    Nearest major street: Stevenson Blvd. (Interstate 880S exit)
    Lake Elizabeth/Central Park official website
    Map & directions to Lake Elizabeth/Central Park
    Picnic Area: Lions 1 (star #9, outlined in green on map of Central Park)

Origin of Shaolin Temple Day in the United States

On March 21, 2004, a China Songshan Shaolin Temple Delegation led by the Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin was honored by the California State Assembly with the proclamation of “China Songshan Shaolin Temple Day.” A full scale Shaolin Kung Fu Performance by the world famous Shaolin warrior monks followed at Masonic Auditorium in San Francisco. The Legislative Resolution leading to this historic event was authored by California Senator Dr. Leland Yee (then Speaker pro Tempore of the California Assembly), an avid supporter of Chinese culture.

On March 21, 2009, China Songshan Shaolin Temple Day was again celebrated in San Francisco, followed by another breathtaking Shaolin Kung Fu Performance at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts on March 22, 2009, and a visit to the State Capitol five years after the 2004 proclamation of Shaolin Temple Day. The 6-day event was attended by thousands of local residents, honored guests and friends from around the world.

A large scale celebration is planned for the 10th Anniversity of Shaolin Temple Day in 2014 at multiple locations throughout the United States.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Happy Songshan Shaolin Temple Day!

Officially declared by California State Assembly's Speaker pro Tempore, Dr. Leland Yee, on March 21st, 2004.

I was planning to go to Shi Yanran's vegetarian BBQ yesterday, but it was pouring rain. I'm sure he would have said it was ganlu.

On another note, we'll be holding a special competition for Songshan Shaolin Champion at TCKFMCIII. Stay tuned. More to come!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Songshan Shaolin Temple Day 2012

It's March 21st and I don't see any of the Shaolin Cultural Centers observing Songshan Shaolin Temple Day this year. I even have to skip practice tonight to meet with an author.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I stand corrected

I'm told that both Yanran and Yanxu are doing some sort of SSTD observance, but I'm not sure what exactly. Perhaps a member here can fill us in?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Shi Yan Xu of the Shaolin Temple Cultural Center in Temple City, CA has a celebration every year. I , in fact, didn't realize that it was official from the state and will plan to send it more to the press next year for more coverage.

The rain god hasn't been kind to us in the last two years as we planned for outside events (hiking, meditation, performances, picnic) therefore we had to change it this year again to back at the temple.

This year we had a Buddhist meditation lecture from all of our 4 shifu/masters. They spoke about how through Shaolin culture cultivation, one can reach "Chán wǔ 禅武 - martial zen " - learning Buddhism through Shaolin kung fu. Also how qi cultivation is intergrated through Shaolin kung fu with mind, body and spirit. The shifus demonstrated what their interpretation of how qi works through the body by combining the yin/yang - soft/hard .

We also had student performances, shifu performances and a talent show. We also had a buffet of vegetarian food.

We also received a special letter from the abbot congratulating us on Shaolin Temple Day and how Shaolin shall continue to spread its culture through out the USA.

We never charge for our events and is free to everybody who wants to come and celebrate with Shaolin shifus / masters.

Check out Facebook at Shaolin Temple Cultural Center for pictures.
    Last edited by ShaolinDiva; 03-23-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks for the report, SD!

Coincidentally, I was just speaking to a rep from Senator Leland Yee's office yesterday. Such is the Shaolin Zone, which I've been emerged in since our Shaolin Special 2012 went into production....
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Shaolin Temple Day Poetry contest

Shaolin In My Heart is of course, the title of the Abbot's autobiography.

2012 Shaolin Temple Day
    Art • Poetry • Essay Contest
    Theme:
    Shaolin In My Heart

• Call for Entries •
    from Shaolin Temple Students, Alumni and their Families

This year, Shaolin Temple USA commemorate this special occasion with art, poetry and essays. We call for entries from all our current and former students and their families. From March 21, the proclaimed Shaolin Temple Day to April 20, 2012, we are accepting entries of artwork, poetry and essays with the general theme of Shaolin in My Heart. They can be work that you have previous done, or wthat your aregoing to create.

We have discovered that there are “Crouching Tigers, Hidden Dragons” amongst our students and their families. Our young students have vivid imaginations and love to draw. They have presented us with the most interesting depictions of Shaolin Kung Fu and their Sifus. Other students are accomplished artists, poets and writers in their own right.

All entries must be original work inspired by the theme Shaolin in My Heart. You can create artwork, poetry or essays around your personal knowledge, experience and aspirations about Shaolin culture and Shaolin spirit. Your work can be in English or Chinese.

Be creative, scholarly or humorous, all are welcome.

Entry Submission Deadline:
    April 20, 2012

Why this Contest?

Since 2009, every year in March, Shaolin Temple USA has been celebrating China Song Shaolin Temple Day in different ways. In 2009, we produced a 6-day multiple-city celebration with the theme of: 1,500 Years of Cultural Heritage: Shaolin Chan Buddhism, Kung Fu and Medicine. Events included a whole-day celebration at San Francisco Union Square that began with a Buddhist Morning Prayer presided by Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin of Songshan Shaolin Temple; a large scale Shaolin Kung Fu Performance at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts; and a full day of celebration in Sacramento with official ceremonies at the State Senate and Assembly. In 2010, Shaolin Temple USA Culture Centers in San Francisco and Fremont, CA celebrated Shaolin Temple Day with Kung Fu Performances, Chan meditation and vegetarian food tasting. Last year, we celebrated Shaolin Temple Day with a Student Kung Fu Competition in the Shaolin Warrior spirit of “Valor, Diligence, Grace and Open Mindedness.” .

Now in 2012, we are highlighting “The Arts” as in four different areas of accomplishments that made Shaolin Temple famous for over a millenium: Chan Buddhism, Kung Fu, Medicine and the Arts. Songshan Shaolin Temple has been the home of many of China’s most distinguished poets, calligraphers and painters. Shaolin Temple and Shaolin Culture have inspired many brillant literary and artistic masterpieces throughout Chinese history. It is Shaolin Temple USA’s mission to carry on the tradition and promote Shaolin arts in America.

Who can participate:
    All current Shaolin Temple USA students, alumni and their families

Age Divisions:
    • Youth: Up to 14 years old
    • Adult: 15 years & older

Awards:
    First 3 places of the Youth and Adult Divisions
    for Art, Poetry and Essays.
    • 1st Place: Ink rubbing of the famous Shaolin Temple stele “Bodhidharma Crossing the River on a Reed.”
    • 2nd Place: Blessed Jade Buddha Amulet
    • 3rd Place: Theraputic Charcoal Neck Pillow

Announcement of Results:
    May 6, 2012, on Shaolin Temple USA website,
    by email and to the press.

Awards Ceremony:
    Saturday, May 20, 2012 • At Shaolin Temple USA’s 5th Anniversary Celebration event. Place to be announced.

Display of Award Winning Work:
    Digital representations of artwork, poetry and essays selected for awards will be exhibited on Shaolin Temple USA’s website. Original artwork or copy will be displayed at Shaolin Temple USA Culture Centers.

How to submit your work:

Digital review file of artwork: You may send a review version of your original art in jpg format no larger than 2 MB in size to: ShaolinTempleUSA@ShaolinUSA.us. If your submission is selected for an award, we may request the original artwork or higher resolution digital copy.
    Original artwork: Submit to Shaolin Temple USA headquarters in San Francisco, 5509 Geary Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94121.
    Poetry and Essays: Email with with entry form to ShaolinTempleUSA@ShaolinUSA.us.

Entry Form:

Download the Entry form (MS Word Doc) or request for one at the front desk. The form must be completely filled out and signed by the artist/author, or by a parent/guardian if participant is under 18 years old. The signed Entry Form can be in hard copy and delivered with your work, or in digital form submitted with your work by email.

CONTEST RULES

All entries shall be treated as being free of restrictions and limitations on their use, reproduction, and publication.

Entry Specifications

Title of Work: Give your work a unique name or title. “Shaolin In My Heart” is the theme.
    Artwork (illustrations, drawings, paintings, etc. NO photographs please) must meet size requirements:
    — Email submission for review: 2 MB
    — Original art: 8.5"x11" to 24"x36"
    All artwork must be signed and properly labeled on the back with:
    — artist’s name
    — title of work
    — age group (Yourth or Adult)
    — contact phone number
    Poems: 30 lines or less.
    Essays: 300-1,500 words in English; 500-2,000 word in Chinese.

Artist/author statement of originality:
    Confirm that the entry is your own orginal creation. Describe your work and explain in 50-100 words what inspired the work.

Copyright release: Artist/artist grants full right to Shaolin Temple USA to use the submitted work in any manner it deems appropriate.

Submitted work will NOT be returned.

Origin of Shaolin Temple Day in the United States

On March 21, 2004, a China Songshan Shaolin Temple Delegation led by the Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin was honored by the California State Assembly with the proclamation of “China Songshan Shaolin Temple Day.” A full scale Shaolin Kung Fu Performance by the world famous Shaolin warrior monks followed at Masonic Auditorium in San Francisco. The Legislative Resolution leading to this historic event was authored by California Senator Dr. Leland Yee (then Speaker pro Tempore of the California Assembly), an avid supporter of Chinese culture.

On March 21, 2009, China Songshan Shaolin Temple Day was again celebrated in San Francisco, followed by another breathtaking Shaolin Kung Fu Performance at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts on March 22, 2009, and a visit to the State Capitol five years after the 2004 proclamation of Shaolin Temple Day. The 6-day event was attended by thousands of local residents, honored guests and friends from around the world.

A large scale celebration is planned for the 10th Anniversity of Shaolin Temple Day in 2014 at multiple locations throughout the United States.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

www.shaolin.org.cn

Last edited by ShaolinDiva; 04-13-2012 at 09:43 AM.

The 10th Anniversary of Shaolin Temple Day

Wow, a decade gone by so quickly...

China Songshan Shaolin Temple Day
    10th Anniversary Celebration

March 17-23, 2014

Host:
    • Shaolin Temple USA •

Cohosts:
    • Co-hosts: Shaolin Temple USA Culture Center of San Francisco •
    • Shaolin Temple USA Culture Center of Fremont, CA •
    • Shaolin Temple USA Culture of Herndon, VA •
    • Shaolin Kung Fu & Zen Medicine Wellness Center, Sunnyvale, CA •

Shaolin
    1,500 Years of Cultural Heritage
    Chan Buddhism • Shaolin Kung Fu • Shaolin Medicine

Events:

March 17, 2014 • Monday
    12:30 pm
    San Francisco International Airport
    Airport Welcome for The Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin
    and China Songshan Shaolin Temple Delegation

March 18, 2014 • Tuesday
    2:00 pm
    Press Conference at Shaolin Temple USA Culture Center of San Francisco
    7:00 pm
    Welcome Banquet for Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin and Delegation

March 19, 2014 • Wednesday
    5:00 pm
    Forum: Kung Fu and Meditation in Buddhist Practice:
    A View from the Shaolin Temple
    Place: Wheeler Hall, UC Berkeley
    Event Sponsor: Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures, UC Berkeley

March 21, 2014 • Friday
    Celebration in California State Capitol, Sacramento

March 22, 2014 • Saturday
    9:30 am
    Buddhist Blessings Ceremony presided by Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin
    5th Anniversary Celebration of Grand Opening
    Shaolin Temple USA Culture Center of San Francisco
    Open to the public. Blessed amulet from the Abbot for everyone
    Address: 5509 Geary Blvd., San Francisco, CA

March 22, 2014 • Saturday
    7:00 pm
    Magnificent Shaolin
    Breathtaking Shaolin Kung Fu Performance by
    The world famous Shaolin Temple Warrior Monks.
    Palace of Fine Arts Theatre
    3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco,CA
    The splendid harmony of Shaolin Martial Arts & Chan Buddhism
    that inhabits the ancient monastery comes to life on stage.
    Show opens with
    Buddhist Blessings Ceremony presided by Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin
    • plus •
    Shaolin Kung Fu recital by Sifus & students from
    Shaolin Temple USA Culture Center of San Francisco
    Shaolin Temple USA Culture Center of Fremont, CA
    Shaolin Temple USA Culture Center of Herndon, VA
    Stanford University HIP Shaolin Kung Fu class

For more information:
    Please call 415-666-9966
    Email: ShaolinTempleUSA@ShaolinUSA.us

Tickets: $38, $58, $78, $108 (VIP)
    Buy Tickets on Line: « ChineseTicketBox.com ».
    Hotline: 510-413-9988

March 23, 2014 • Sunday
    10:00 am
    Grand Opening of Shaolin Kung Fu & Zen Medicine Wellness Center
    441 De Guigne Dr., Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    Buddhist Blessings & Unveiling Ceremony presided by Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin

March 23, 2014 • Sunday
    4:00 pm
    Zen Life Seminar & Workshop
    6:00 pm
    Zen Vegetarian Banquet
    Place: Asian Art Museum of San Francisco (Event Sponsor)

1st China Songshan Shaolin Temple Day, March 21, 2004
    Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin and Shaolin Monks with State and City officials
    after a performance of Shaolin Kung Fu at Masonic Auditorium, San Francisco.
    Warrior Monk Shi Yanran (4th right, 1st row), now Executive Director of Shaolin Temple USA,
    was a member of the 2004 China Songshan Shaolin Temple Delegation.

China Songshan
    Shaolin Temple
    • Established 495 AD •
    Birthplace of Chan Buddhism
    & Shaolin Kung Fu

Chan Buddhism is known in some parts of the world as Zen Buddhism.

About Shaolin Temple Day

Senator Leland Yee presented Abbot Shi Yongxin with the Legislative Resolution on Shaolin Temple Day in 2004.

2009 Shaolin Temple Day

On Saturday, March 21, 2009, China Songshan Shaolin Temple Day was again celebrated in San Francisco, followed another breathtaking Shaolin Kung Fu Performance at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday March 22, 2009, and a visit to the State Capitol five years after the 2004 proclamation of Shaolin Temple Day.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Now a Tiger Claw Foundation project

The Tiger Claw Foundation is supporting Magnificent Shaolin, part of the of Shaolin Temple Day 10th Anniversary Celebration, on March 22, 2014 at the Palace of Fine Arts, in San Francisco, CA.
    In cooperation with ShaolinUSA.us and KungFuMagazine.com.

Hope to see you there.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips