Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iron Shin and Iron Forearm Training

hi

i have seen dale's website before. his way is the traditional way--the way i intended to learn it. basically smack a linen bag full of material. start with softer stuff and end with hard stuff. and accompany with proper dit da jiu

Quote Originally Posted by clam61 View Post
    hi

i have seen dale's website before. his way is the traditional way--the way i intended to learn it. basically smack a linen bag full of material. start with softer stuff and end with hard stuff. and accompany with proper dit da jiu
    yes and no, contact him, trust me on this...
    Ever done any hand conditioning before?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Wink Conditioning

Whats the benefit in conditioning arms and shins?

Some people frown on limb conditioning. They say it can cause health problems what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Whats the benefit in conditioning arms and shins?

Some people frown on limb conditioning. They say it can cause health problems what do you guys think?
    If done wrong, yes, it can cause nerve damage and bone problems.
    Usually these result from conditioning too hard in the beginning and not building up gradually.
    What do you call someone who practices Dim Mak on themselves?
    Dum Fuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Chazmek View Post
    If done wrong, yes, it can cause nerve damage and bone problems.
    Usually these result from conditioning too hard in the beginning and not building up gradually.
    Yes, the gradual build up is crucial as is not hitting hard any any stage.
    You are always, basically, just tapping, of course as you get more "forged" your just tapping may seem liek hard hitting to someone else, and to them it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    yes and no, contact him, trust me on this...
    Ever done any hand conditioning before?

yes i have contacted him before and seen his site. his method involves strking a bag full of stuff, qigong and proper herbal medicine. what is not traditional/

yes i have contacted him before and seen his site. his method involves strking a bag full of stuff, qigong and proper herbal medicine. what is not traditional/
    Not saying that it isn't traditional, just that you may be able to start off with steel shot from the beginning and not have to go with the different mediums.
    Of course, both methods work very well.

why

Why not start off with something less hard? Why start with steel shots?

Not saying that it isn't traditional, just that you may be able to start off with steel shot from the beginning and not have to go with the different mediums.

Why not start off with something less hard? Why start with steel shots?
    Some people already have well conditioned hands, years of makiwara or bare knuckle bag hitting, for example.
    There are many methods of IP training, just beware of the ones that stress hitting/dropping the hand hard and the use of "regular" Jow.

question

please explain why beware of the ones that stress hitting or dropping the hand hard?

Some people already have well conditioned hands, years of makiwara or bare knuckle bag hitting, for example.
    There are many methods of IP training, just beware of the ones that stress hitting/dropping the hand hard and the use of "regular" Jow.

please explain why beware of the ones that stress hitting or dropping the hand hard?
    Because you will damage your hands.
    Correct IP can bruise, yes, but dropping or hitting your hand hard on a hard medium over and over and over will do far more than that.

As a general tip:
    if you're hands are sore (whether there are visible bruises or not) for 24 hours or more after "conditioning", you're doing something wrong.
    Surface conditioning on any part of your body is usually uncomfortable to a degree, but it should never result in any feeling of weakness or lingering pain.
    What do you call someone who practices Dim Mak on themselves?
    Dum Fuk!

o ok i see. but dale recommends to start off with mung beans. he recommends a slower process

why not sand?

Why not start off with Sand? why mung beans. You can start off hitting sand lightly right?

o ok i see. but dale recommends to start off with mung beans. he recommends a slower process

Why not start off with Sand? why mung beans. You can start off hitting sand lightly right?

different material you strike will condition the limp to have different coloring. from different color of the limp one can know if the practice is healty or damaging.

Sand if not totally dry will cause issue with the join...etc at . bean is used to neutralized "fire" according to tradition Chinese medicine. JOw was not the only things used. There are hand wash, conditioning.....etc. Jow have the bone curing or the muscle curing type. Not a size fit all.

Kidney Qi if not full will not create strong bone. With all the sex stuff and process food in this morden days ... one must be really carefull......

What is the point to have all these conditioning when we live in a society which is well protected ?

This type of stuff is not for everyone.

1, the health condition of one and the food/ diet makes a big different . in the past 30 years with all the soft drink and process food make a different.

2, one could cause internal injury such as heart and kidney with long term of mal practice. This will show up after the age of 40's usually.

3, breathing is a big key while Jow is just external stuffs. If one's qi and blood is not strong, these type of practice become problem. if one's qi cant sink to Dan dien one cause trouble to the internal organs. hard press qi to Dan dien also cause problem.

Bottom line, one needs a sifu who knows what is going on fully. hitting some bags and massaging with Jow is not it. and cannot be it for the serious trainer.

Look at those MT practitioner, the decease young....

Why do I post here? simply to let you know, before able to balance one's body. Dont do it . to have a healty middle age and old age living is much better then doing these macho stuffs while young.

We today need to learn the consequence of things so that we dont screw ourself up. Believe me, not worthed because there is a life we need to live. and we can choose a peacefull and healthy one.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-07-2009 at 07:51 PM.