Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How to defeat a Wrestler

lol @ the very idea that discussion will bring solution to the originally posted question.

there's only one way to find out. You know it, I know it, they know it.

shit or get off the pot.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

excellent

Very excellent post...i like some of what you had to say!

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    I look at it like this for one on one if it goes to the ground the ground fighter will usually win. However you can knock a couple guys out with wck. Try ground fighting multiple people and see what happens when the guy in the mount's buddy comes to kick you in the head a couple times yadi dadi.

I personally do both WCK and now BJJ but I do WCK standing and enter with WCK concepts and principles sometimes when I break the structure or am able to turn my opponent then I may go into a take down but I mostly savethe ground fighting for the ground and I think people should know both.

Huen sao (circling hand however it's spelled) is a good way to keep a grappler from getting the grips they want to go for a take down and in the mean time you try to cause as much damage as possible with your WCK , true fighting is about survival so make every strike count.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    I look at it like this for one on one if it goes to the ground the ground fighter will usually win. However you can knock a couple guys out with wck. Try ground fighting multiple people and see what happens when the guy in the mount's buddy comes to kick you in the head a couple times yadi dadi.

I personally do both WCK and now BJJ but I do WCK standing and enter with WCK concepts and principles sometimes when I break the structure or am able to turn my opponent then I may go into a take down but I mostly savethe ground fighting for the ground and I think people should know both.

Huen sao (circling hand however it's spelled) is a good way to keep a grappler from getting the grips they want to go for a take down and in the mean time you try to cause as much damage as possible with your WCK , true fighting is about survival so make every strike count.
    If one person can take you to the ground, what is to keep multiple attacked from doing the same?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I also do both WCK and BJJ, and i agree as well. I dont WANT to go to the ground in a fight or even a sparring match, but if it does go to the ground I like to know how to fight at that range and to submit a guy with strikes or submission as quickly as possible to end the encounter.

As for multiple opponents, that just sucks no matter what range you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by taojkd View Post
    As for multiple opponents, that just sucks no matter what range you are in.
    I prefer the "far away" range. Same for people with weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    I prefer the "far away" range. Same for people with weapons.
    I prefer Chi Blast range, and by Chi Blast I mean Small Thermonuclear hand held device.

Good Question

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    If one person can take you to the ground, what is to keep multiple attacked from doing the same?
    This is very insightful Question. I have often thought about this.

In my Humble Uneducated Opinion I would say for this scenario two options should be drilled and tested by sparring

1.Advoiding numerous variations take downs.

2.Getting off the ground quickly if you are taking down.

I think these two elements should be practiced and sparred with. In my meager thoughts I see these two things as giving you a fighting chance on the ground oppose to trying to stay on ground an break your opponents limbs on ground,or submit one of them or choke one of them out. How ever if you fighting one on one with not another soul for miles around. Then ground fighting might be good. Because you could gain the dominant posistion an break your opponents neck or damage is spine. So one on one its great provided your opponent doesn't cry out for help when he realises he is in submissive posistion.

But working Take Down advoidance and Quick counters from being take down to get back to your feet would serve purposeful against multiple attackers who wish to take you down to give you indian stomp down.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    This is very insightful Question. I have often thought about this.

In my Humble Uneducated Opinion I would say for this scenario two options should be drilled and tested by sparring

1.Advoiding numerous variations take downs.

2.Getting off the ground quickly if you are taking down.

I think these two elements should be practiced and sparred with. In my meager thoughts I see these two things as giving you a fighting chance on the ground oppose to trying to stay on ground an break your opponents limbs on ground,or submit one of them or choke one of them out. How ever if you fighting one on one with not another soul for miles around. Then ground fighting might be good. Because you could gain the dominant posistion an break your opponents neck or damage is spine. So one on one its great provided your opponent doesn't cry out for help when he realises he is in submissive posistion.

But working Take Down advoidance and Quick counters from being take down to get back to your feet would serve purposeful against multiple attackers who wish to take you down to give you indian stomp down.

What do you think?
    I think that, VS multiple attackers, take down avoidance is a MUST, not training them is just, well, suicidal.
    Also training how to fight when on the ground and getting attacked by multiples is also a must.
    Very few do this of course.

Great

I think one should try to work on getting off the ground quickly when taking down. Work on techniques that provide escape from being dominated and submitted. So you can get back to your feet!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I think that, VS multiple attackers, take down avoidance is a MUST, not training them is just, well, suicidal.
    Also training how to fight when on the ground and getting attacked by multiples is also a must.
    Very few do this of course.

I think one should try to work on getting off the ground quickly when taking down. Work on techniques that provide escape from being dominated and submitted. So you can get back to your feet!

In other words, wrestling.

That man earns a cigar!

not wrestling

Not really wrestling...but i guess you could call it that.

merely escaping.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    In other words, wrestling.

Not really wrestling...but i guess you could call it that.

merely escaping.

No, really, that is wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    That man earns a cigar!

Thanks, but I don't smoke 'em anymore. The wife would kill me.

smoking

well i guess you could use it as barter....if the cigar is expensive enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Thanks, but I don't smoke 'em anymore. The wife would kill me.