Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Making your WC deadly

diploma on Accupuncture
    Acupressure (with one c)

Yeah,
    I have issues
    Apparently so. Thanks for persevering with a much better, albeit not totally convincing, explanation.

Skepticism and asking questions do not necessarily lack of respect for the culture. I have studied TCMA for nearly 30 years, including with some Chinese instructors. I also owned Y J-M's book, though I lent it to someone who never gave it back some time ago. I wouldn't have done my diploma if I had though the whole thing was a waste of time. I gave TCMA practitioners more than one opportunity to prove its efficacy.

Will my BJJ get better if I learn Portuguese?
    Last edited by anerlich; 03-14-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Acupressure (with one c)

Apparently so. Thanks for persevering with a much better, albeit not totally convincing, explanation.

Skepticism and asking questions do not necessarily lack of respect for the culture. I have studied TCMA for nearly 30 years, including with some Chinese instructors. I also owned Y J-M's book, though I lent it to someone who never gave it back some time ago. I wouldn't have done my diploma if I had though the whole thing was a waste of time. I gave TCMA practitioners more than one opportunity to prove its efficacy.

Chinese TCMA/TCM needs to be given a chance by you?
    Heh heh, seriously go your path be happy. You have gone off your rocker.....

Skepticism and asking questions do not necessarily lack of respect for the culture.
    Yes agreed. Your only question was What is Dim Mak, I answered with the accurate defination and a disclaimer that it was not possible to expound on it on forums. You claim otherwise. Hence I asked you for your expertise. The rest were just nonsense remarks about your ass, sticking stuff in dim mak points etc....

Er...In all my 30 years of study, I havent never studied TCMA under any non chinese instructors, like I said, I have issues with people who dont speak the language, but claim to be experts in the art that requires one to read, write, speak it. And even if he is chinese, but doesnt bother to study the art, it aint good enough. You dont want to give good money to anyone who just claims they have some kind of credentials.
    Though I have met some non asian guys whose chinese, mandarin, cantonese, dialects and understanding of TCMA/TCM will put many asians to shame though.

I cant speak for BJJ, but I am sure your understanding of accpuncture(I will purposely spell it this way since you are so keen to earn english language points), TCMA, TCM will improve, and you wouldnt waste so many posts, arguing what is the actual defination of Chin Na or Dim Mak and what it entails. The correct defination has been around for hundreds of years and was revealed in english by Dr Yang in the 80s. If someone had said chin na doesnt include dim mak, you could have known then, he was pulling the wool over your eyes- See, the language is important!

擒拿 Chin Na can generally be categorized (in Chinese) as:

"Fen Jin" or "Zhua Jin" (dividing the muscle/tendon, grabbing the muscle/tendon). "Fen" means "to divide", "Zhua" is "to grab" and "Jin" means "tendon, muscle, sinew". They refer to techniques which tear apart an opponent's muscles or tendons.
    "Cuo Gu" (misplacing the bone). "Cuo" means "wrong, disorder" and "Gu" means "bone". Cuo Gu therefore refer to techniques which put bones in wrong positions and is usually applied specifically to joints.
    "Bi Qi" (sealing the breath). "Bi" means "to close, seal or shut" and "Qi", or more specifically "Kong Qi", meaning "air". "Bi Qi" is the technique of preventing the opponent from inhaling. This differs from mere strangulation in that it may be applied not only to the windpipe directly but also to muscles surrounding the lungs, supposedly to shock the system in to a contraction which impairs breathing.
    "Dian Mai" or "Dian Xue" (sealing the vein/artery or acupressure cavity). Similar to the Cantonese "Dim Mak", these are the technique of sealing or striking blood vessels and "Qi" points.
    Last edited by Shadow_warrior8; 03-15-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    讲你不听,听你不明,明你不做,做你又做错,错你又不认,认你又不改,改你又不服,不服你又不讲;那你要我 怎么办?

Tcma

Nicely said. Well done indeed...Somepeople really don't like Traditial Chinese Martial Arts or Medicine. Its like trying to a force a child to eat green veggies. Some will like it. But most will repel it in disgust.

And GReen veggies are actually good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_warrior8 View Post
    Chinese TCMA/TCM needs to be given a chance by you?
    Heh heh, seriously go your path be happy. You have gone off your rocker.....

Skepticism and asking questions do not necessarily lack of respect for the culture.
    Yes agreed. Your only question was What is Dim Mak, I answered with the accurate defination and a disclaimer that it was not possible to expound on it on forums. You claim otherwise. Hence I asked you for your expertise. The rest were just nonsense remarks about your ass, sticking stuff in dim mak points etc....

Er...In all my 30 years of study, I havent never studied TCMA under any non chinese instructors, like I said, I have issues with people who dont speak the language, but claim to be experts in the art that requires one to read, write, speak it. And even if he is chinese, but doesnt bother to study the art, it aint good enough. You dont want to give good money to anyone who just claims they have some kind of credentials.
    Though I have met some non asian guys whose chinese, mandarin, cantonese, dialects and understanding of TCMA/TCM will put many asians to shame though.

I cant speak for BJJ, but I am sure your understanding of accpuncture(I will purposely spell it this way since you are so keen to earn english language points), TCMA, TCM will improve, and you wouldnt waste so many posts, arguing what is the actual defination of Chin Na or Dim Mak and what it entails. The correct defination has been around for hundreds of years and was revealed in english by Dr Yang in the 80s. If someone had said chin na doesnt include dim mak, you could have known then, he was pulling the wool over your eyes- See, the language is important!

擒拿 Chin Na can generally be categorized (in Chinese) as:

"Fen Jin" or "Zhua Jin" (dividing the muscle/tendon, grabbing the muscle/tendon). "Fen" means "to divide", "Zhua" is "to grab" and "Jin" means "tendon, muscle, sinew". They refer to techniques which tear apart an opponent's muscles or tendons.
    "Cuo Gu" (misplacing the bone). "Cuo" means "wrong, disorder" and "Gu" means "bone". Cuo Gu therefore refer to techniques which put bones in wrong positions and is usually applied specifically to joints.
    "Bi Qi" (sealing the breath). "Bi" means "to close, seal or shut" and "Qi", or more specifically "Kong Qi", meaning "air". "Bi Qi" is the technique of preventing the opponent from inhaling. This differs from mere strangulation in that it may be applied not only to the windpipe directly but also to muscles surrounding the lungs, supposedly to shock the system in to a contraction which impairs breathing.
    "Dian Mai" or "Dian Xue" (sealing the vein/artery or acupressure cavity). Similar to the Cantonese "Dim Mak", these are the technique of sealing or striking blood vessels and "Qi" points.

With the Troll of St Louis and his fellow vegetables backing you up, I guess I'll have to take a second (third/fourth) look at TCM and the related disciplines.

Best wishes.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

Nicely said. Well done indeed...Somepeople really don't like Traditial Chinese Martial Arts or Medicine. Its like trying to a force a child to eat green veggies. Some will like it. But most will repel it in disgust.

And GReen veggies are actually good for you.
    One is backed up by the scientific community.

The other can sometimes defy the knowledge that the most brilliant people in the world have come to accept as fact.

Arrow Question

Which one is backed up my the Scientific community?

An which community east or west?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post
    One is backed up by the scientific community.

The other can sometimes defy the knowledge that the most brilliant people in the world have come to accept as fact.

Which one is backed up my the Scientific community?
    Definitely not the green vegetables, you know how those doctors hate their veggies.

An which community east or west?
    I think every known civilized society will back up the idea that vegetables are in general, good for you.

Though contrary to popular belief, the greens you smoke yoshiyahu, they aren't very good for you.

greens

Well i don't smoke anything. Especially greens...But as for greens. Anything green is suppose to be consumed. Not smoked. Smoking them could cause harm to your organs. But eating them is what should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post
    Definitely not the green vegetables, you know how those doctors hate their veggies.

I think every known civilized society will back up the idea that vegetables are in general, good for you.

Though contrary to popular belief, the greens you smoke yoshiyahu, they aren't very good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Well i don't smoke anything. Especially greens...But as for greens. Anything green is suppose to be consumed. Not smoked. Smoking them could cause harm to your organs. But eating them is what should be done.
    Anything green is supposed to be consumed. Not smoked.

This is the single most stupid statement I have ever read.

Im off to eat a pound of skunk (or is it called chronic in the US) and will be able to open up more than 8 meridians. The only limit will be my imagination...

(BTW, I think people are hinting that you are HIGH or have lost touch with reality!)

Im going to eat a caterpillar.

Im going to consume a dollar bill. And a big piece of astro turf.

Oh no. My neighbours car is green. I think even eating that could damage more than my organs. What about my teeth!!!

Could I offer some advise. Read what you write before you submit it. And think about what you write before you write it. And comprehend what you read before you think about how to respond.

Just a thought.

You musn't have read the rest of his recent posts.

You musn't have read the rest of his recent posts.
    I might have seen it. Was it presented as list of seemingly arbitary items?

Acupressure (with one c)

With the crap that gets spouted off on these forums, it's any wonder why people don't take Chinese medicine or Wing Chun seriously at all! LOL!!!
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

I might have seen it. Was it presented as list of seemingly arbitary items?
    That was the tip of a very big iceberg.

Making your WC deadly????
    I normally try to be diplomatic but I think the title of this thread is ludicrous.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I am sorry my thread doesn't appeal to you. I was just woundering if anyone discusses,studies or practices some of the deadly techniques. Are do most people just omit them because see them as useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Making your WC deadly????
    I normally try to be diplomatic but I think the title of this thread is ludicrous.

Actually anything green that is vegatable...let me clarify...food. Not a green lizard. but veggies...lol...yea when they say smoking they were alluding to marijuana...i never smoked anything ever in my life. But my point was smoking pot is not only illegal but damages your organs. Not as bad as tobacco but it does do damage.

Oh in the U.S.A. we call it Pot,Bud,Budda,drove,fiya etc...Chronic is old old word used in the 90's. Kinda of obselete now and days...

Quote Originally Posted by Genetic View Post
    Anything green is supposed to be consumed. Not smoked.

Im off to eat a pound of skunk (or is it called chronic in the US) and will be able to open up more than 8 meridians. The only limit will be my imagination...

(BTW, I think people are hinting that you are HIGH or have lost touch with reality!)

Im going to eat a caterpillar.

Im going to consume a dollar bill. And a big piece of astro turf.

Oh no. My neighbours car is green. I think even eating that could damage more than my organs. What about my teeth!!!

Could I offer some advise. Read what you write before you submit it. And think about what you write before you write it. And comprehend what you read before you think about how to respond.

Just a thought.