Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inglorious Basterds

Inglorious Basterds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pel3GE97evA

check it out guys...idk what to say about it. the trailer doesnt really make me to excited to see it. but neither did the kill bill trailer.

Yeah it's kinda tame.
    But I will see it regardless. It looks like there will be some good ultraviolence in there.

QT and the martial arts

What's the martial connection for INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS? Read Bo Svenson: An Inglorious ******* Having a Glorious Year by Melissa Leon-Guerrero Do, exclusively on our ezine.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

This is getting some good reviews

One thing I'll say about QT, he has fascinating marketing skillz. But QT vs Caine? That just boggles my mind.

Quentin Tarantino's radio show playlist
    by Clark Collis

Quentin Tarantino (who, you may have heard, has a new film out called Inglourious Basterds) will share his personal playlist tomorrow with listeners on Little Steven’s Undergound Garage in a special show broadcast on Sirius channel 25 and XM channel 59 at 3pm. According to Tarantino, the list features, “some of the music I was listening to while making Inglourious Basterds. Now these songs don’t necessarily have a **** thing to do with the movie. These were some of the ones I was listening to in my off time.” We exclusively got hold of QT’s picks ahead of time, and you can find the full list below. Predictably, it’s a very eclectic set which ranges from KT Tunstall’s “Hold On” to “Political World” by Bob Dylan who, the late David Carradine once told me, used to spar with Tarantino. Although, with all due respect to the Kung Fu star, I’d really have to see that to believe it.

Tell us what you think of QT’s choices: Is there anyone else out there who likes Barbra Streisand and the Wu Tang Clan?

Quentin Tarantino’s Personal Playlist

Wu Tang Clan- The Rulez
    KT Tunstall- Hold On
    Bob Dylan- Political World
    Barbra Streisand- Stony End
    Robin McNamara- Lay A Little Lovin’ On Me
    Sir Douglas Quintet- Mendocino
    David Bowie- Cat People (Putting Out Fire) - from Bowie’s Greatest Hits (not Cat People Sdtrk)
    Jay Z- S. Carter
    Roy Orbison- There Won’t Be Many Coming Home
    Jason Mraz- I’m Yours (Acoustic)
    Maroon 5- Wake Up Call
    Steve Poltz- Waterfalls
    Britney Spears- My Prerogative
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

One of the best flicks I've seen in years!
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

I would definitely rate this as Tarantino's best movie ever, and the best movie I've seen in theaters so far this year.

saw inglorious basterds...freaking amazing movie, jackie brown is still my favorite QT. film but this one slides in at a close second. christoph waltz steals the movie from everyone, including brad pitt, who turned in a great performance, and was tru...ly funny. wow to think this film was panned at cannes, i guess this shows you what you can do with a little editing. there are two painfully long tarrintinoesque scene's,but it was like the equivalent to making love, slow and passionate but it leads up to a climatic explosion, of sorts. top notch work all around.wanna see this movie again, ill hold off calling it the best film of the year until after i see district 9. but right now its ahead of public enemies.

I'm planning on seeing this one again, too, and I almost never see movies twice in the cinema anymore. Coincidentally, I also need to see Districe 9 first. I also plan to go see Ponyo, it sounds like a good anime; I like Miyazaki's work. Come to think of it, I'll be checking out Taking Woodstock before seeing IB again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I'm planning on seeing this one again, too, and I almost never see movies twice in the cinema anymore. Coincidentally, I also need to see Districe 9 first. I also plan to go see Ponyo, it sounds like a good anime; I like Miyazaki's work. Come to think of it, I'll be checking out Taking Woodstock before seeing IB again as well.
    Ponyo is odd. They must have cut down about 30 minutes from the run time, because it makes absolutely no sense. My 6 year-old daughter loves My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Masterkiller,
    I hope they did not cut up Ponyo for US release. But I will see it anyway. My fave Miyazaki films are Spirited Away (great children's/adult's fantasy movie) and Princess Mononoke (much more serious, maybe a little scary for some smaller kids), though others of his are good, too.

I was so stoked going into Ponyo but it didn't have that same feeling that other Miyazaki movies have...not as epic as Mononoke Hime nor as heartfelt as Totoro. It was not a bad anime at all and was happy that I got an opportunity to watch.

Inglourious Basterds had me a bit confused at first but when things started to get going, it was quite a ride. There were some odd happenstances that I made me furrow my brows but all in all, it was enjoyable. I think once is enough for me though...the ending with the "climactic explosion" and the haunting laughter have stuck with me for a few days.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

i didnt expect brad pitt to killed by one of his own men at the end???

very ironic..

lol um spoiler?

guess i dont have to watch it now
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika View Post
    i didnt expect brad pitt to killed by one of his own men at the end???

very ironic..
    There must be an alternate version, because when I saw it, that didn't happen at all.

yeah totally didnt happen, stop flaming, there is no need for that.