Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inglorious Basterds

aldo raine origins

so its come to my mind that this character was totally based off triston ludlow from legends of the fall also played by brad pitt. the similarities are there, from the german scalping to the bootlegging(aldo mentions being a bootlegger) when it comes to QT and movies there are no coincidences.

i called Doug the night after i saw this. usually i hate QT movies cause i a bunch of useless talking. but i loved this one. i as like wtf this **** is awesome! still i think they could have developed the IB better. often i felt like it was the tail of the lady and her theater with the IB in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i called Doug the night after i saw this. usually i hate QT movies cause i a bunch of useless talking. but i loved this one. i as like wtf this **** is awesome! still i think they could have developed the IB better. often i felt like it was the tail of the lady and her theater with the IB in the background.
    in a way thats exactly what it was, i accidently read the enitre script at borders the other day(i was flipping through the book started reading a few pages and got pulled in) and in the original script there was way more info on the basterds, but if that stuff was in the movie it would have bored the hell out of me. and it was kinda useless. i like that the basterds were like the the thread in the tapestry of the film, and landa and shoshanna had such a more prominent role.

btw...lueb your girl maggie chueng was actually in the film, but she hit the cutting room floor.so hopefully she makes the dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    I thought it was perfectly understandable... perhaps I've lived in Japan for too long!

As for run times... odd: according to Wiki the Japanese vers is 100 mins and the US is 103!
    I suppose there should have been a separate Ponyo thread, but since I started the odd combo in this thread, I saw Ponyo today and loved it. I found it understandable, and a beautiful fantasy film.

Doug:
    I do remember hearing that Maggie Cheung was supposed to be in IB. Yeah, hopefully she will make it into the special features on the DVD. Though I doubt she would have added anything to the final release of the film, as great as it came out.

Giorgio Moroder..Putting out Fire

Greetings,

In the movie "Inglourious Basterds" there is a scene where the female protagonist prepares for her confrontation. The choice of music is "Putting out Fire" that feature the voice of David Bowie was a fantastice choice. It really fit with the movie. While the lyrics were Bowie's, the incredible music pruduction came from Giorgio Moroder. It came from his score of "Cat People" (1982). Goirgio Moroder was the driving force behind Donna Summer"s early its. I believe that her career suffered when she did not take Moroder with her when she left Casablanca Records. He has scored "Scarface," "Flashdance," and many other movies.

Here is more about him:

http://www.giorgiomoroder.com/bio/m_bio.html

Isn't the Song called CAT PEOPLE?

I believe David Bowie wrote the lyrics with the movie in mind.

Yikes, man! You moved it!! YUK!!!

EDIT: YES, YOU ARE RIGHT. The song is "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)" It is an excellent score that is very dark and sensual. Putting out fire with gasoline was a sexual reference, real base chakra stuff. Tarantino used it to express a very intense rage that can be drawn from that same chakra: that she was about to fock some people up MAJOR. I loved the adaptation.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 10-12-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Win Inglourious Basterds on DVD!

Our Inglourious Basterds sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. PST on 12/18/2009 online entries must be received by 6:00 p.m. PST on 01/01/2010. Good luck everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart