Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Martial Arts Reality show

A Martial Arts Reality show

Why not? They have them for everything else. I see maybe a dozen of so people from Kung Fu, Karate, BJJ and whatever moving into a house in the Hollywood Hills and competing against each other.

Or maybe you could have a dozen or so hot MA women with big boobs fighting over a grandmaster or something.

Gee, no one has ever thought of that before.....

Watch TV much?

http://www.spike.com/show/22307?cid=YSSP
    MTV also had THE FINAL FU
    And lets not forget Jackie Chan's, THE DISCIPLE
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

I don't watch TV that much.

However I was laughing at how people were going nuts over "The Bachelor".

Don't they know that's as phoney as the WWE and UFC!

I think a show with a lot of hot women and guys flying through the air would sell.

Do the shows you linked have hot women? I THINK NOT!!!!

The idea has been done before and because of the poor state of kung fu and karate - In that the most qualified instructors are far from the most visible or influential. The Final Fu was ****ing horrible.

And UFC isn't phoney.

LOL phoney UFC . . . . . hahahaha . . . .
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

I'd never heard of the "Final Fu".

I just finished watching an episode on the internet. There were possibilities here. The women were extremely hot. The show was boring though. None of the contestants were arguing with each other and, so far, I saw no skin.

My suggestion would be more women and put them in bikinis. Do some mud wrestling and make them do some really sexy forms. Throw in some drama. Have a few cats fights along the way. Take the guys totally out of the show. Make it where like the girls compete for a date or something with that one guy who was the leader.

As I said there were no problems with the ladies...just not enough of them.

Search our archives

Jackie Chan's Disciple

Fight Girls on Oxygen

MTV2's FINAL FU

for extra points: contender

There was also K-Star but for some odd reason, that never developed its own independent thread. If you do a search of the entire forum, you'll find K-Star pops up in several other threads.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Don't forget the BBC's Mind Body and Kick Ass Moves. That show was great.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I'd never heard of the "Final Fu".

I just finished watching an episode on the internet. There were possibilities here. The women were extremely hot. The show was boring though. None of the contestants were arguing with each other and, so far, I saw no skin.

My suggestion would be more women and put them in bikinis. Do some mud wrestling and make them do some really sexy forms. Throw in some drama. Have a few cats fights along the way. Take the guys totally out of the show. Make it where like the girls compete for a date or something with that one guy who was the leader.

As I said there were no problems with the ladies...just not enough of them.
    At the time it aired back in 06 i didn't have access to cable and missed it. I catch old reruns every now and again on MTV2.

Yeah, the girls were hot.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Mind Body and Kick Ass Moves was more of a documentary series

To quote the all knowing wikipedia:
    Reality television is a genre of television programming which presents purportedly unscripted dramatic or humorous situations, documents actual events, and usually features ordinary people instead of professional actors. Although the genre has existed in some form or another since the early years of television, the term reality television is most commonly used to describe programs of this genre produced since 2000. Documentaries and nonfictional programming such as news and sports shows are usually not classified as reality shows.
    If your going to include MB&KAM, then there are two more worth examination:
    Fight Quest
    Human Weapon

And we shouldn't forget Superstars of Dance.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Don't get me started on "Superstars of dance". I have several friends who are professional dances who just roll their eyes when I mention that show.

Back to the "Final Fu"

>>>The Girls were hot<<<

Word! Of course being TV you know there were girls who tried out for the show that were great MA artists but could not cut it in the looks department!

Also, from the one ep that I saw, the sparring matches were wack. I don't think you got any points for blocking and there were no sweeps or take downs. My stragedy would have been just to move in as close as I could and just piston punches to the mid-section as fast as I possible could.

Anyway, for a change, I was watching some tube tonight and I flipped over to MTV. There's this new show coming on called "Bully Beat Down". The premise of the show is they find guys who have been bullied. The "nerds" tells their stories of how they were picked on. Then apparently they send out a MMA fighter to confront the bully and challenge him to a fight..... As with all reality shows I'm sure this one has as much respectability as the aforementioned WWE and UFC!

Feel free to ttt those old threads...

...we had a lot of fun with Superstars of Dance. Just read the old thread.

Final Fu was significant because it was early and MTV (well, MTV2...) It was just poorly actualized, more from the minds of reality TV than martial artists. They really should have consulted more martial artists. But feel free to ttt that thread with a 'where are they now?' on the ladies.

I could have swore we had something on Bully Beat Down (thought it was in the MMA forum) but I can't find it. Perhaps it was nested in another thread. Too hard to search those key words...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

when is tiger claw going to do a show called "the king of KFO" and it will involve the board members in a battle royal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Bring it on...

Tiger Claw's KungFuMagazine.com Championship is June 27th, 2009 in San Jose, CA.

No Battle Royale tho...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips