Thread: Martial Sports?

Hybrid View

Martial Sports?

Instead of jumping on the MMA bandwagon, would it be possible to call this section "Martial Sports".
    I know we have the "Other Related Arts" section, but this would be a cool place for Judo, Shuai Chiao, mma, muay thai, san shou/san da, boxing, tkd, bjj, and sambo folks to shoot the bull or talk about technique.

I think the title of the forum being "Mixed Martial Arts" gives the feel that if we're not posting about UFC, Dream, or Strikeforce then posts of that nature don't belong. I would hope that it would generate some more traffic.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Hmmm, glorified kick boxing knuckle head MMA nutrider...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Hmmm, glorified kick boxing knuckle head MMA nutrider...
    actually, i'm proposing this because mma is starting to bore the pi$$ out of me...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    actually, i'm proposing this because mma is starting to bore the pi$$ out of me...
    I have never been a fan of MMA sporting events.
    Training yes, competition, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I have never been a fan of MMA sporting events.
    Training yes, competition, not so much.
    Why?

A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    Why?

Well, to be honest I have never been a fan of watching any sporting event.
    Doing, HELL YES, but watching...nah..
    But I don't mind watch boxing and MT, or even wrestling and Judo.
    BJJ and submision grappling can get a tad boring at times, but you can admire the strategy and beauty of those sports.
    Not saying that MMA isn't all of the above, just that I find it a tad, well...amateurish.
    I don't like the typical players, don't like the anouncers all that much, don't like the image associated with it, don't care much for most of the fighters other than guys like GSP, Silva and Fedor.
    Basically, if I wanna see a good striking match I will watch boxing or K-1, if I wanna see grappling I will watch the ADCC or wrestling or judo.

Its just my personal view, that's all.