Thread: St.Louis Sparring Partners

St.Louis Sparring Partners

Hey Guys, I am looking for some people who like to practice Kung Fu, Karate, Tae Kwon Do,Boxing etc. If you are looking to spar please look me up. I personally believe by sparring regularly one can find where their Art is lacking. Thus giving you a direction in training to improve on certain areas. For instance If I spar with a boxer and I am fairly comfortable with deflecting and intercepting his punches but I find TKD fighters harder to defend against it. Then I know in my practice and training I need to work more on defenses against kicks etc. So if your interested in getting together for heavy sparring with Gloves,cup and mouth piece, head gear optional but also could be included to work on different techniques in the future let me know. I am also up for light sparring with less equipment possibly maybe just gloves while using light contact to face and harder contact to body.
    Or maybe your just looking for someone else to do Chi Sau with and work on drills let me know. I am really interested in Heavy and Light sparring but I am open to drilling and training other aspects as well.

Now I do not have mats. So if your a ground fighter that has your own mats then I would be up for a sprawling partner too. That way I can work on defenses against grapplers with out going to ground.

So if your interested in a sparring partner or sprawling partner let me know. I look forward to our confrontation.

I am located in St.Louis all interested inquiries Please email me at

kohen_hagadol@yahoo.com

Any reason you don't join gym/school?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Reason

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Any reason you don't join gym/school?
    I want to have a sparring partner who I can get together from time to time maybe on weekends to hone my skills with. Also at a school you usually are restricted to using the art they are teaching even some MMA schools only want you use the current curriculm not previous arts studied. An also you are only fighting people of the same style. Like when I train Tai Chi there are different types of fighters who practice different arts. But I am looking for so more people to spar with. Other than the people at my school currently!

So New people in other words. I have a bunch of people where I am learning at to spar with. Every now an then we have visitors. But I am looking for more thats all. Possibly if things go well start a fight club here in St.louis were people from other styles can test and polish their Arts by fighting people of different skill level and various arts!

For instance If I join a school Like a good MMA school preferably for continous sparring. I would still be in search of more sparring partners outside of that school. I can't afford to Join a MMA school,TKD school,Muay Thai School,Karate School and Wing Chun School to spar with different types of people each day. Plus I am not interested in learning their curriculm. I am interested in perfecting my system by making contact with various styles and arts!
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 03-11-2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: grammer

im in springfield mo if your ever through this way let me know
    "Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight."-Psalms 144:1

"I Am The Punishment Of God, If You Had Not Committed Great Sins, God Would Not Have Sent A Punishment Like Me Upon You"-Genghis Khan

"The light of the eyes is a comet, And ones' activity is as lightning, The sword that kills the man; is the sword that saves the man"

Oh close sorta

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu Jin Ken View Post
    im in springfield mo if your ever through this way let me know

Okay will do...what arts have you studied?

What part of springfield are you located...do you ever come to STL?

wing chun and in the middle of town
    "Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight."-Psalms 144:1

"I Am The Punishment Of God, If You Had Not Committed Great Sins, God Would Not Have Sent A Punishment Like Me Upon You"-Genghis Khan

"The light of the eyes is a comet, And ones' activity is as lightning, The sword that kills the man; is the sword that saves the man"

OK Yoshiyahu.

I do remember looking into options locally, and if you would want to drop in on some MMA type sparring or BJJ type sparring to test out your wing chun, one good example would be Rodrigo Vaghi's school.

Vaghi is a Rickson Gracie BJJ black belt, very skilled, and seems to have top notch Muy Thai and boxing training on his staff. Website is http://www.submissionjiujitsu.com/

interest

Thanks wayfaring

Good post