Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Mask from Tapout

RIP Mask from Tapout

Last edited by Pork Chop; 03-11-2009 at 12:30 PM.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

thats one horrific crash.

RIP

i feel bad for the passenger.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    man, that kinda sucks but if you're going to live like that...

i certainly didn't like the wild antics of that crew but when Mask would talk seriously about fighters it was pretty insightful.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

wow...i had not been able to look at the articles before....or the pics...sad when fame and money makes you think you are invincible.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Rip

RIP.

Prayers said, joss lit
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

When you street race, you gotta be ready to face the consequences. Going that speed on a public road is endangering alot of innocent people. The only good thing is that no innocents were killed.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    When you street race, you gotta be ready to face the consequences. Going that speed on a public road is endangering alot of innocent people. The only good thing is that no innocents were killed.
    there was a girl in the car with him, she apparently will survive, but you have to wonder, if he had any concern for her life at all
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

i think there was some issue over whether or not the driver of the porsche (who was intoxicated btw), collided with him and ran him off the road.
    I don't condone street racing, but that would definitely change things.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    i think there was some issue over whether or not the driver of the porsche (who was intoxicated btw), collided with him and ran him off the road.
    Both men had passengers in the car. Street racing is dumb, and racing with passengers is even dumber. It doesn't really matter who caused what, the real issue is that neither should have been doing it in the first place and share the culpability, imo.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Both men had passengers in the car. Street racing is dumb, and racing with passengers is even dumber. It doesn't really matter who caused what, the real issue is that neither should have been doing it in the first place and share the culpability, imo.
    agreed.
    still a big loss though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    You have to be going quite fast to have enough speed to tear a car in half.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Can't wait until the commemorative T-shirts come out. Only $99.95 each...
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

the more i think about it the more it just sort a ****es me off...supposedly he started Tapout from the ground up...if so, then he's worked hard to get where he was and deserves to have a good time with his life...but wasting it basically in a 'who's d!ck is bigger' contest is just plain stupid. i hope he had a will and did something good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You have to be going quite fast to have enough speed to tear a car in half.
    actually, you have a good point there.
    i thought since it was a ferrari, it was probably some light, little toy car with a huge engine.
    The modena he was driving weighs more than my cavalier.
    definitely talking serious velocity.

i'm still reluctant to hate on the guy coz he did a lot of good for a lot of guys in the sport. yeah, he went out like an idiot, but i don't know that mma would be where it is today with out his and his company's contributions.

i agree, but it's that he did so much that makes this so stupid.

i just hope that more of the young guys, and probably the old ones too, pause for a reality check.