Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do Glorified Kickboxers think Glorified Kickboxing is the end all be all?

Why do Glorified Kickboxers think Glorified Kickboxing is the end all be all?

ok im hoping to not start a flame war or anything here, if that happens i will erase this thread. ok for the past 10 years i've studied Northern Shaolin long fist, and i freaking love it, its one of the most effective forms of fighting i've trained in. it has its drawbacks which alot of my previous training has compensated for but its a good system for me and it works for me. ok now that thats out of the way.

i recently been training in Glorified Kickboxing just to see what is it all about, why so many people swear by it like it was jesus christ or something. and you know what i just dont see it. while it is a practical and effective art. it has tons of weakness's. and im not talking about ground fighting or any of that. cause in reality the floor is not someplace you want to be at in Oklahoma. anyway without getting to specific, i just dont see it. yes its a good art but no it is not the grand ultimate martial art. now there are guys on here who are gonna come at me with all sorts of crap, like oh you havent learned enough yet yadda yadda yadda yackity shmackity, just know also i have two friends who are really good Kickboxers. and lets just say what i said before, while i see its efectiveness especially in close range combat, there are alot of places where it needs to be compensated where things need to be added to make it more of an effective fighting form. just my opinion.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I can tell by your posts that you have never studied "real authentic glofied kickboxing" (tm) and just do that McKickBox so everything you say is blah blah blah
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

My glorified kickboxing style is better than your glorified kickboxing style.

that's all that really needs to be said.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

My glorified kickboxing style is better than your glorified kickboxing style.

that's all that really needs to be said.
    you think that because you don't realize that I have the secret "real authentic glorified stand up method" (tm) based upon the very secret and seldom seen skill called "punching"!

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

MK's quote of the day

in reality the floor is not someplace you want to be at in Oklahoma
    All styles are good. Most aren't good for me personally, but they're still good for other people.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    ok im hoping to not start a flame war or anything here, if that happens i will erase this thread. ok for the past 10 years i've studied Northern Shaolin long fist, and i freaking love it, its one of the most effective forms of fighting i've trained in. it has its drawbacks which alot of my previous training has compensated for but its a good system for me and it works for me. ok now that thats out of the way.

i recently been training in Glorified Kickboxing just to see what is it all about, why so many people swear by it like it was jesus christ or something. and you know what i just dont see it. while it is a practical and effective art. it has tons of weakness's. and im not talking about ground fighting or any of that. cause in reality the floor is not someplace you want to be at in Oklahoma. anyway without getting to specific, i just dont see it. yes its a good art but no it is not the grand ultimate martial art. now there are guys on here who are gonna come at me with all sorts of crap, like oh you havent learned enough yet yadda yadda yadda yackity shmackity, just know also i have two friends who are really good Kickboxers. and lets just say what i said before, while i see its efectiveness especially in close range combat, there are alot of places where it needs to be compensated where things need to be added to make it more of an effective fighting form. just my opinion.
    Just give it time. Do you think "glorified kickboxing (tm)" is something that should come quickly? Wait till you're an advanced student doing the inner chamber back door entry training...then we'll talk.
    Besides, it probably wasn't a qualified "glorified kickboxing (tm)" practioner who went up against those other styles...a true well trained "glorified kickboxer (tm)" has no weaknesses and, as such, can truly represent the style. Obviously a beginner "glorified kickboxer (tm) will not be that great a fighter and makes your arguments one sided and biased.
    A unique snowflake

Masterkiller and his students finally put up a clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpVJeku01uU

I don't know about anyone else, but I love kicking boxes.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I love kicking boxes.
    that HAS to be posted with an attachment

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    that HAS to be posted with an attachment
    I usually don't show clips of myself, but since you asked:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sMCZwTL_kA

Knuckleheads.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Knuckleheads.
    Bah, I can trace my knuckle head lineage back 1000's of years to the very first knuckle heads that started kicking boxes in ancient China !
    We also kicked boxes while on the GROUND !!
    That's right !!
    We have the REAL Subterranean Kick boxing !!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Bah, I can trace my knuckle head lineage back 1000's of years to the very first knuckle heads that started kicking boxes in ancient China !
    We also kicked boxes while on the GROUND !!
    That's right !!
    We have the REAL Subterranean Kick boxing !!
    You guys are all perverts!

Everyone (with their head in the right place) is supposed to know that a "box" is not male:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=box

It's also a (previously) well-known fact that proper boxes are to be "punched", and not "kicked"!
    ("kicking" is what you do with a "bad habit")
    ((unless it occurs during a round of vigorously "kicking it" between the sheets))
    (((DANG! this is getting all kinda "circular".....)))

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    You guys are all perverts!

Everyone (with their head in the right place) is supposed to know that a "box" is not male:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=box

It's also a (previously) well-known fact that proper boxes are to be "punched", and not "kicked"!
    ("kicking" is what you do with a "bad habit")
    ((unless it occurs during a round of vigorously "kicking it" between the sheets))
    (((DANG! this is getting all kinda "circular".....)))
    AN incredibly valid point from Methusela, er, Pete.

I am not a converted glorified boxpuncher !