Thread: Weapons Carrying Case

Weapons Carrying Case

Anyone know where I can get a weapons carrying case/travel case that is an all in one. Basically carry long weapons (spear and staff) as well as swords. Looking at martial arts mart, they don't have any. And based on my google search, all I could find was either one for staff/spear or swords or really short weapons like nunchuck. I know they exist cause I have seen people with them at competitions.

Can anyone help?
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Anyone know where I can get a weapons carrying case/travel case that is an all in one. Basically carry long weapons (spear and staff) as well as swords. Looking at martial arts mart, they don't have any. And based on my google search, all I could find was either one for staff/spear or swords or really short weapons like nunchuck. I know they exist cause I have seen people with them at competitions.

Can anyone help?

In the past, I've made my own or had them made.
    That last included a presentation case for a "Euro-style" straight sword that would "pass" as a gim as part of a gift to my SiFu.... this was back in "pre-history" before TCMA weapons were widely imported/copied and realistically constructed copies were totally unavailable.

I've also used fiberglass rifle cases for various swords, etc.

You also leave open the possibility that you're talking about "more than one" in either-and/or-both number/"style"/type.
    If the latter is the case, you might reasonably consider building your own using a hand-truck as the base.

Go to this website (takes a minute to load to be patient) and take a look at this case. I actually have one and it's very nice. It's bigger then I thought it would be so that I don't use it every day but if I had a lot of equipment to carry somewhere I would use this for sure.

http://www.cavalierattitude.com/

The long weapons are the deal breaker. For example, my spear is about 7 ft...or a bit longer. My kwandao is a bit over 6 ft tall and the blade makes me need something that is a foot wide and 6 inches deep...padded...

So, you would be looking for something roughly 7 ft long 12 to 18 inches wide, and 6 to 8 inches deep.

Good luck.

Then on top of that, when you check it in, you WILL pay more on the airline due to oversize...and when you tell them what it is, you WILL be picking it up at the baggage office instead of the normal baggage claim.

A gun case will work for the short weapons. I have one where I can fit all but my long weapons in it.

Spear and staff, go for a ski case...it will fit. For kwandao or monk spade...you will probably have to make a custom type of thing. They are just not really set up to do these types of things in airports.

Of course, you could always simply build a trunklike box, reinforce it, and pay the extra amount for the oversized item.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I think I am still at square one.

Like GLW said, my spear is about 6ft+ so even the case unyma suggested, it won't work.

Maybe I will have better luck with a retractable spear.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

The Cavalier attitude case has a closable hole at the top so you can carry long weapons but obviously the end that sticks through the top would be unprotected. I have no good suggestions for airline travel, sorry.

Bujin has a nice looking bag.

Bujin Weapons Case
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    go buy a 10' stick of 4" pvc thinwall...get the solid cap for one end and the cleanout threaded cap for the other, cut it down to size and glue the ends on. that will work for everything but a kwan dao....but, they make pvc up to 8" or bigger.

i just looked at Pelican, i'm sure you're aware of them, but the longest they have is 50" or so...be cool if they would do a long case...but anything much over 7' couldn't be shipped via UPS....it'd be bad ass to show up and pop a pelican open and have all the weapons snug in the foam
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

actually, I had a friend who traveled with his monk spade. He made leather part for the staff section and then the top and bottom were wood frames that he ehtn screwed on like a vise...all reinforced. Then he attached the leather cover to it and it was all protected. A similar thing would work for a kwandao.

For the spear/staff, it is really as simple as the PVC. --cheaper that way too. Otherwise, Ski cases for snow skis work well too. Lots of Wushu folks travel that way.