Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Check Out These Breaks . Are They Real,or Fake ?

Smile Check Out These Breaks . Are They Real,or Fake ?

does any body know about the style Ming Chuan? "see site below." they seem to break with such ease,and as much as i have trained iron hand (4 yrs.), i can not break like that. any info on the style , or there iron hand training would be great. respectfully

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJL8plOiVe0
    Respectfully,FanWoo

Most of it looks real, so it probably is all real. I like the finger break with the red brick.

http://www.mingchuan.ie/
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Yes. It is real.

They're fake. Cheap Hollywood special effects.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox View Post
    They're fake. Cheap Hollywood special effects.
    I don't really care about the breaking part. How did he get that one brick to float in air?

That's TRUE skill. :yikes:

Best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

from the video his skill is very basic. While I have to see him in person to better judge however again the breaks are basic and not very impressive. He used a lot of spacers and many of the breaks he is lifting right before impact which are tricks and not true breaks.

If you are indeed properly trained and have true iron palm there are a few things which you can show to prove you are FOR REAL

1. break a coconut.
    2. break a cinder slab or block with the center of the palm not the heel.
    3. break something using a waving action not force
    4. break somthing withgout letting your hand loose contact of the object you are breaking.
    5. stack 3 bricks togehter and break the middle one.

these are true skills just to name a few the many whom taught me REAL breaking showed me all the palor tricks thatr look like breaks and without knowing the diffeeence that can be presumed to be real
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    from the video his skill is very basic. While I have to see him in person to better judge however again the breaks are basic and not very impressive. He used a lot of spacers and many of the breaks he is lifting right before impact which are tricks and not true breaks.

If you are indeed properly trained and have true iron palm there are a few things which you can show to prove you are FOR REAL

1. break a coconut.
    2. break a cinder slab or block with the center of the palm not the heel.
    3. break something using a waving action not force
    4. break somthing withgout letting your hand loose contact of the object you are breaking.
    5. stack 3 bricks togehter and break the middle one.

these are true skills just to name a few the many whom taught me REAL breaking showed me all the palor tricks thatr look like breaks and without knowing the difference that can be presumed to be real
    can you do those breaks with your fingers?

i cant, so even if they aren't "true" breaks they are still impressive. and you still need an enormous amount of finger strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Shaolinlueb, to answer your quesiton specifically NO.
    I do not train that way with my fingers as I need the dexterity in them. And yes it requirers alot of finger strength but so does pushing it through a pop can I am not saying that they arent impressive to some but still basic in difficulty.
    Nor do I train the knuckles with makiwara, rope around a tree or anthing else of that nature.
    My hands are soft and uncaloused as I train only the palm. When a person performes a TRUE iron palm break they are using the luogong point in the center of the palm and are using qi to perfrom the break not force.

thus a slapping motion not very forceful as in mucular strength, you are simply concentraing the qi to a specific point then using it to penetrate the object. This can be done in its highest level with simple vibration without lifting or breaking contact with the object, though that level is seldom ever reached.
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 10-09-2006 at 02:54 PM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

it depends entirely on the medium sued to fabricate the bricks.

for instance, brick can be made without mortar and hence be brittle and break with very little pressure force. when dried, they become even more brittle, the same goes for boards, which when used for breaking are often kiln dried soas to remove the moisture and render the board brittle.

these factors render most breaking demos moot.

notice the colouring of the slabs and bricks used. None of it looked like construction grade material. It looked like it was produced for the purpose of breaking demonstrations.

had he busted a cinder block, or a diveted construction grade red brick, i think it would have on the all round been a little more convincing of skill application.

It's hard to tell much from a video. Having a cloth over doesn't reveal much either.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

David, you made me laugh then think..... He did cover up the brick with a cloth LOL I talked to a guy several years ago who used to do this and I asked why and he said so i dont hurt my hand becuse the brick is rough.?????????

I had to laugh out loud when he said that and replied yeah you should stick to wood its softer....

Truth is there are a lot of fakes out there and others that simply muscle and use brute force to break, these are not true skills and not recognized by true palm players.

But when shown to the unskilled practioner they may appear amazing and skilled, but then so is pulling a rabbit out of your hat if you dont know the trick!
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

First, I would like to say that I am not sure if any of the bricks were 'baked' or not. They are certainly not 'construction style' bricks with glass, and other materials in them. That is obvious.

I'm more impressed that a guy with such a big gut can move like that!

I think there are several issues at hand here;

When he is doing the 'finger' style breaks, there is a metal plate under the brick and most likely a 'wedge' directly under it as well. My guess it is metal as well. That will make the brick much easier to break.

A myriad of unusual materials make it kind of suspect, not to mention using uneven areas to break against, i.e., the rocky fence, natural rock formations, etc.

But,..He definatly has learned the skill of breaking along with the use of physics. You have to give him that.

Some of the breaks, I have never seen before. I'd have to try some of them in order to determine how difficult they are.

I think I will video tape myself doing a few over the next month or so,...looks like fun.

Sidebar: I have never tried to break a brick with my fingers. I can break three 1" boards (6" X 10" X 1") and can do 2 finger push ups (index and middle fingers). My best was about 30. I can also poke my fingers through 3/8" sheetrock and thrust one or two fingers at a time into a watermelon.

I can also (sometimes) break the send brick in a stack of two. (red construction style bricks). Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I should look into easier materials though.

a nobody, with no training, on average can snap through 3-5 spaced boards by simply swinging their forearm into it.

might get a bruise, might not. anyway, a couple of people have demonstrated this not only on the discovery channel when they did a series of shows that showed the physics of kungfu tricks on stage, but also physics of many martial arts tricks in general.

others have shown it as well.

not there there isn't a skill, there is, but the line between skill and average does exist and is diminished in a lot of ways by the tricks that people just don't think about or inhibit in their mind an ability to already do.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

If u cant even do the breakings in this video, how can you proclaime them as non real..? I dont know if he prepared them before filming so they would break easier, I dont know anything about this guy. I'm asuming he's real because I've seen these things myself and then some. But using space, and hitting with the hard parts of your hand is not fake! It's common sense. Using no space is harder, but using space isn't fake just because of that. It's just another level. Also, finger breaking is not very basic at all. Sure his brick might not have been the most densest one, but who knows wtf he'll be able to do in the future you know what I mean? Now, I'm not praising his skills at all but I think it's rediculous to be so negative about someones skills you yourself can't even do.

EarthDragon, how about you post some proof to your palm breakings? (Not using the root but the center of it). The difference between this guy and you is that you are a trash talker and critiziser of something you don't have a clue about, and this guy is posting vids. What's with the attitude, really?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffer View Post
    If u cant even do the breakings in this video, how can you proclaime them as non real..? I dont know if he prepared them before filming so they would break easier, I dont know anything about this guy. I'm asuming he's real because I've seen these things myself and then some. But using space, and hitting with the hard parts of your hand is not fake! It's common sense. Using no space is harder, but using space isn't fake just because of that. It's just another level. Also, finger breaking is not very basic at all. Sure his brick might not have been the most densest one, but who knows wtf he'll be able to do in the future you know what I mean? Now, I'm not praising his skills at all but I think it's rediculous to be so negative about someones skills you yourself can't even do.

EarthDragon, how about you post some proof to your palm breakings? (Not using the root but the center of it). The difference between this guy and you is that you are a trash talker and critiziser of something you don't have a clue about, and this guy is posting vids. What's with the attitude, really?

Bravo!!!!!!

I agree.

I think the guy has some definate skill, as I mentioned above. Its hard to speculate as to wether or not the bricks/materials are very hard or not very hard.

Fact is; he does some impressive stuff and it shouldn't be taken away from him.

And as far as spacers, yes; they make breaking eaiser, but if you have never broken 5 or 6 patio blocks WITH spacers before (not as easy as you think), you shouldn't be talking smack. Everyone likes to talk about the spacers...

And Earthdragon, breaking a coconut has NOTHING to do with Iron palm skill. I was able to break one almost 20 years ago, and I hadn't really done any palm training at all. I'm just strong and I didn't flinch.

So whoever taught you and told you that breaking a coconut was an indication of iron palm skill, misled you. It clearly is not. Not to mention that 'quack' LACEY, breaks coconuts with his palm, and he clearly is devoid of any real skills.

Peace.