Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any new research for Hendrik?

Any new research for Hendrik?

Hey,

Hendrik I know its been awhile since I've heard you discuss your theories on the Emei 12 Zhuang and the Fujian White Crane (SLT origins). But have you found any new research into the subject or are your theories based on the examination already completed? Also any more help or info on this subject is appreciated, regardless of my personal feeling or theories I like to keep an open mind in all matters. : )~

Thanks,
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Quote Originally Posted by Tensei85 View Post
    Hey,

Hendrik I know its been awhile since I've heard you discuss your theories on the Emei 12 Zhuang and the Fujian White Crane (SLT origins). But have you found any new research into the subject or are your theories based on the examination already completed? Also any more help or info on this subject is appreciated, regardless of my personal feeling or theories I like to keep an open mind in all matters. : )~

Thanks,

Sure,

since we have identify the father and mother of SLT or the emei 12 Zhuang and the Fujian White Crane (SLT origins) and confirm the WCK Red boat ancestors' description,

history and theory is no longer my focus because we know what it is. What my interest is how much the knowledge from the parents could benifit the practitioners of the SLT/SNT.

For past decade or so, we have using the knowledge to decode and applied into the SLT training, and that yield very good result on improving one's SLT almost by 10X in a very short period of time.

as I keep mention before, it is not the History the Theory the romance of the Rebels ..... it is how could the knowledge benifit the SLT/SNT training in Real life for every SLT/SNT practitioners interest me.

In a nutshell, we got the direction target lock decades ago as the first phase, and then as the second phase, dig into the details and we do see good supportive result so far.

Nope no changing history or his-story, Emei and Crane remain the same; and the progress is in the direction of getting more clarity of the details consistancely.

When these details release to the general public, WCners from the Gm Ip Man, YKS, Koo Lo, and Cho family will be able to use them without needs of changing thier SLT/SNT.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-16-2009 at 01:15 PM.

hendrik why are you so interested in WCK history if you are a kyokushin student?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    hendrik why are you so interested in WCK history if you are a kyokushin student?

Because I am both for past almost 40 years.
    and the advantages of being both WCner and Kyokushin give me a good reality check.

Sure, I am a Taiji, a Yee Chuan..... also

This is not defense of Hendrik or supporting him, but honestly, it's a ****ing good idea to cross-train, especially in a full contact style.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    This is not defense of Hendrik or supporting him, but honestly, it's a ****ing good idea to cross-train, especially in a full contact style.

When some is fantasying Rooting in YJKYM,

I know it doesnt work because these people never experience with the Kyokushin or MT's chain/continous low sweep (low round horse kick) in real time.

and that is in the 70's.

in my wing chun there is a similar move called white crane

aside from me, continuous low sweeps are not only in MT and kyokushin

interesting the steps you took, considering karate and MT are in direct opposition to WC principles

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    When some is fantasying Rooting in YJKYM,

I know it doesnt work because these people never experience with the Kyokushin or MT's chain/continous low sweep (low round horse kick) in real time.

and that is in the 70's.
    I understand what you are infer to, I study Muay Thai actually.

Pacman - these are not really pure "sweeps" but a mix between a sweep/low kick. What makes them so devastating, is the Muay Thai/Kyokushinkai way is to drill, drill, kick, kick, and kick some more stuffs.

When it comes at you, it is like iron broom gung. Except for real.

Funny thing, in CMA we have Tie Sao Gung (iron broom), but how many use it for real everytime they are fighting, sparring? Not too many that is the problem. Whereas the Thai boxer or Kyokushin fighter is kicking the hard bottom edge of banana bag, every single sessions, hundreds of times, then hundred/thousand more times against other peoples legs and shin.
    Last edited by Violent Designs; 05-16-2009 at 11:25 PM.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Pacman - these are not really pure "sweeps" but a mix between a sweep/low kick. What makes them so devastating, is the Muay Thai/Kyokushinkai way is to drill, drill, kick, kick, and kick some more stuffs.

Yes, indeed. They are different stuffs.

Funny thing, in CMA we have Tie Sao Gung (iron broom), but how many use it for real everytime they are fighting, sparring?

My view is because most dont know how to train it and make it works.

Similar to such thing as Rooting. Most in general think/speculate one thing but the reality is another thing.

Also, apply to SLT/SNT, Most general think/speculate something from Internal art, Zen, Chan... Time Space Energy, JIng, meditation......rooting... Qigong.. breathing, hunch back, tilt in the pevis....elbow on the center line..... all sort of nice ideas but not more then ideas.

and knowing not what it is and how to make it works. Or even have seen a real practice.

it is like keep watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaXOt...eature=related

and come up with 100000 intepretation on what is a coca cola
    But have never hold and drink a bottle of coca cola.

So the mission of the research of SLT is simple, where can one find the "coke", Why is it not a "pepsi", and what is it and how is it taste like.

See, all those Shao lin, hung gar.....etc is similar to tea or coffee or seven up.... and nope it is not Coca cola.

So how is the Jing/Keng or Li in SLT/SNT practice?

Jing/Keng

all the extensive discussion on Jing/Keng and Li.....etc. Well, we know most have no clue of what is Jing even one will keep argue to their death.

So, what is Jing? What is Li?
    IMHO.
    JIng is the flow of force vector, and the distinct different of Jing and Li is : Jing is activate with loosing and Li is produce via tensing in general.
    simple like actually drinking a can of cold coke right? what is so complicated and deep and fuzzy?

So, does the ancient TCMA internal art exist? yes, certainly, and it is not contradict to Kyokushin or MT. Could the ancient TCMA internal artist beat the Kyokushin or MT or MMA ? yes, if one have a deep kung fu one what they are doing.

See, it is the style/ method of training and how much kung fu one has cultivated.

Is there a Rooting in Kyokushin or MT's low round horse kick? Yes, definately. They have it even though they dont call it Rooting. Is this kind of rooting different then in WCK? nope, there are only a few different ways human generate power and direct force vector flow.

See, research is not about qouting the past his-story, romancing anti-qing, romancing Shao Lin...... research For me is knowing what the heck is going on and if I need to activate the weapon in my hand I have to know what it is, what is the effect/result, and how to in detail.
    Certainly, not trying to fly a helicopter thinking it is a honda civic.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-17-2009 at 10:56 AM.

ill make a concise answer here

some examples of the conflict are:

1.WC in a fight requires absolute relaxation
    2. WC fighting philosophy is about continuous motion and strikes

a. Karate does not stress absolute relaxation
    b. Karate fighting philosophy is about the power strike. Waiting for the perfect strike to defeat your opponent with one hit. Karate is very linear and does not stress continuous motion (think about Katas. you punch and you hold our your fist and pose. this is not fluid or continuous)

Hendrik,

In light if your massive background in CMA if you don't mind the question. What led you to learn Kyokushinkai and Muay Thai? I'm just wondering what was the logic flow behind that decision?
    Personally I have trained for a few years Muay Thai, BJJ, Karate etc... but for me it was to understand the logic behind different areas of fighting.
    any insight is again appreciated.
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Quote Originally Posted by Tensei85 View Post
    Hendrik,

In light if your massive background in CMA if you don't mind the question.

What led you to learn Kyokushinkai and Muay Thai? I'm just wondering what was the logic flow behind that decision?

Personally I have trained for a few years Muay Thai, BJJ, Karate etc... but for me it was to understand the logic behind different areas of fighting.
    any insight is again appreciated.

No big deal,

To be real honest, there is no logic why I am doing it in a logical sense.

The incident was I was 11 year old, at that time, early 1970's, Mas Oyama is famous, Bruce Lee is famous, and MT is unbeatable. So, as a kid in SEA who was well todo enough to learn from various masters dreaming to be the best of the best; my journey started.

And ofcorse, I aslo study Shao Lin, Taiji... Yichuan... White Crane ....

As for why I got into the internal and massive CMA stuffs because face it.

1, lots of the general CMA doesnt work under hard core sparing. I want to know why.

2, There are indication/signitures via watching and studying with the older CMA practioners that something is missing which needs to iron out.
    and the thing is powerful. but process need to be know and clarify in order to be able to handle it. I am just full of curiosity want to know why and what and how....

3, I was born with a weak physical body, that alone set the limitation if I dont have something to transform my mind and body.

4, I later got trap by the SLT kuen Kuit that lead me into deep Buddhism , Daoism, Qigong ..... because I want to know or gasp or lite taste what is the ultimate. note: knowing is not understanding. IE in Zen, Knowing is actually being "there."

5, i am a unsatisfied customer of TCMA so I want to find out what the heck happen.

My goal is to get the art to alive within me, or to be one with the art. As Bruce Lee said, Martial art is just an honest expression of oneself.

No logic, nothing plan just a journey as any one of us. everyone has thier story.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-17-2009 at 02:36 PM.

ill make a concise answer here

some examples of the conflict are:

1.WC in a fight requires absolute relaxation
    2. WC fighting philosophy is about continuous motion and strikes

a. Karate does not stress absolute relaxation
    b. Karate fighting philosophy is about the power strike. Waiting for the perfect strike to defeat your opponent with one hit. Karate is very linear and does not stress continuous motion (think about Katas. you punch and you hold our your fist and pose. this is not fluid or continuous)

In Zen it is said the sage in the west and east both similarly use the nose to breath.

This is a song for those who love TCMA ...

in madarin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Von21...eature=related

让绝对无敌的传说
    能永远不会被打破
    必须要战斗 my way
    if i'm ever gonna get back....

in English

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5r0d...eature=related

one who want to get back needs to face the reality and beat it.

Calling oneself authenting is useless, living the legend of the past is wasting life,...

can one live in a clear, fresh, energetic , free, and silent way?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-17-2009 at 10:26 PM.

but you see there are many stuffs in pink running who faint pens. similarly mushroom devours hot.

in conclusion, colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Last edited by Pacman; 05-17-2009 at 03:17 PM.