Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun and The root

Baby Talk

Do you guys think its possible for someone to develop chi to a point where they can move objects from ten feet a way or make paper catch on fire just by touching the paper while channeling their Chi?

This is gonna be good!!!

Absolutely not.

Do you? If so why?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Absolutely not.

Do you? If so why?
    Just asking...because it seems thats where the discussions always leads to when discussing Chi. Instead of the natural stuff. But if someone could move an object I would love to see it for myself. Provided I got bring my own object to be moved.

but I have never saw or heard anyone say they can do such a feat. How ever I know some strange things are possible. Like telling the future or speaking things into existence. I have experience this and seen it first hand. Could be a concidence or not.

So I dont count telekinesis or chi out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Like telling the future or speaking things into existence. I have experience this and seen it first hand.
    Telling the future:

On the day that you read this post you will waste at least ten seconds of your life which you will never be able to recover.

Wow, I must be a psychic or something.

Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    HW108,

you are nothing but a disgraceful example of how cowards claim much and know nothing.
    Ignore is your friend Dale, since I've had him on ignore the forums hasn't been as so full of crap.
    Next one on the list seems to be Yoshiyahu, he flip flops on his positions more than a 2 dollar crack *****.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Using BJJ and WC

Okay Guys what would be the best way to use your BJJ along with Wingchun to counter a Tai Chi Quan guy of Hung Gar guy who has a solid root.

I could be wrong but My limited knowledge I would say use a front kick to shins to distract him or front kick to abs and then follow up with chain punches to drive him to the ropes. An when in the clinch trap his power punching arm and utilize a classic a aikido lock and take down to get him face down on the ground. When he is faced down on the ground move in for the rear mount(back mount) an place him in a rear naked choke hold until he passes out or taps out. An then bamo wamo you wing $5000.

What do you guys think?

How would you guys go about doing it. I may be wrestling a big heman looking guy soon. He is big,black and a huge muscular Hercules. He also has practiced Greco roman wrestling with a little Wing Chun,Reika and Yoga.

Whats your advice guys?

Are there any advantages to using the triangle choke when in the full guard posistion. Or would be a disadvantage when fighting a guy that big.

Please share?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I am sure if he had made posts asking about the benefits of BJJ you guys would have been swarming around him and accepting him to your MMA brotherhood but as it happens he makes ACTUAL kung fu enquiries. Your limited abilities to answer such questions results in you insulting him.

Does a ball have root?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Does a ball have root?
    Thats a good question...Are you comparing WC to a ball?

How to crane fighters train their roots?

Do snake fighters practice the root also?

AS for a ball having a root. I will have to asked my Sifu this week...thats a really good question!

Does a ball have root?
    The faster a ball rolls the less root it will have.

Question Is Root Constant

Hello,

When discussing root one must consider if that root is to remain constant. IMHO one who is firmly rooted can sacrifice mobility. Perhaps one need only obtain or apply the "root" when either exerting or accepting energy.

Consider Pakua and tell me why they are able to be so mobile yet strike effectively. Also Jesse Glover teaches a kind of hop step\punch which is very powerful.........is this an example of good root.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hello,

When discussing root one must consider if that root is to remain constant. IMHO one who is firmly rooted can sacrifice mobility. Perhaps one need only obtain or apply the "root" when either exerting or accepting energy.

Consider Pakua and tell me why they are able to be so mobile yet strike effectively. Also Jesse Glover teaches a kind of hop step\punch which is very powerful.........is this an example of good root.
    Like I mentioned on another thread, rooting is task specific and system specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hello,

This is exactly where the confusion come in.

Going this way is the kiss of death.

Be it Taiji....Yee Chuan...... all advance TCMA with internal Kung, what you all call root here is just 1/6 of the whole story if you understand it properly, but, majority using these type of theory/concept doesnt even get the full 1/6 because most doesnt know clearly what is that 1/6.

the bottom line idea of the ancient Chinese masters is to become an invisible TaiJi Ball, so how the heck those rooting concept you all post can lead to this invisible Taiji Ball?
    With all these ridigulous concept and theory and sifu says. IT CANT or IT DOESNT GO ANY WHERE.

As for those who complain that I complain, see, perhaps, it is not I complain, it is your dictionary is limited. and I am just pointing out you dont understand the full story.

and if you dont understand, how the heck are you going to train and get result?
    Other then mouth kung fu and all kind of clear arguement but wasting live.

Bottom line, any one who just teach you about ROOTING, they dont understand the art and thier Kung fu cannot be at high level. That certain.

For decades now people all talks about ROOTING, STRUCTURE,..... everyone will argue they got it right and every idea's opinion, translation..... is good. all kind of nice New Age compliment.

But the reality, is the Taiji expect is training to become a Taiji Ball. how the heck is the so called rooting can get one there? so, it is most stupid to import some one's concept without even knowing what is going on. Going that path not only being caught steallling art red handed and also produce junk. How smart is that? This is very sad. it is like cooking sand trying to hope for rice.

Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-01-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Like I mentioned on another thread, rooting is task specific and system specific.

So what is rooting? dont tell me one needs to be a rocket scientist to know different between Tan sau and karate side outward block, or rooting. I dont buy those fantasy.

So what is rooting? dont tell me one needs to be a rocket scientist to know different between Tan sau and karate side outward block, or rooting. I dont buy those fantasy.
    root·ed, root·ing, roots

v. intr.

1. To grow roots or a root.
    2. To become firmly established, settled, or entrenched.
    3. To come into existence; originate.

v. tr.

1. To cause to put out roots and grow.
    2. To implant by or as if by the roots.
    3. To furnish a primary source or origin to.
    4. To remove by or as if by the roots. Often used with up or out: "declared that waste and fraud will be vigorously rooted out of Government" (New York Times).

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    The faster a ball rolls the less root it will have.

first becomes a ball, only after the ball state one can become a flow.

Thus, the kuen kuit said, "comes accept, goes return... using silence to lead action"

But most keep reciting the kuen kuit and spinning thier brain and argue in the forum without knowing a single thing of what the kuen kuit teach.

As it said in Zen,

The dumb teaching the dumb
    One is teaching one is learning but both clueless.
    The sifu goes to hell.
    and
    guess where the heck the student end up?

Time to wake up.