Thread: Anyone know if Houston Int'l is going on this yr.?

Anyone know if Houston Int'l is going on this yr.?

Anyone know if the HIMAC (Houston Int'l Martial Arts Championships) is going on this year. I know it did not last year, but I have not heard if they are reviving it this year like Taiji Legacy..err...Legends of Kung Fu.

Anyone have any news on this....Gene?
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Haven't heard anything about HIMAC this year

But I had lunch with Jimmy Wong a few weeks ago. Legends of Kung Fu is on for sure - July 17-19, 2009. See you there?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    But I had lunch with Jimmy Wong a few weeks ago. Legends of Kung Fu is on for sure - July 17-19, 2009. See you there?

Definitely!! I'll try putting together a dinner meet for the KFM board members attending on Fri night again.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

cool

Bone Daddy's again?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have 2 restaurants in mind.

Bone Daddy's of course. I can get the upstairs or just a table reserved depending on how many shows. Or my new favorite, Twinpeaks

These two restaraunts really give you the best sites while in DFW.

I talked with one of Cheng Jin Cai's students this last weekend and he said that he was not going to have a tournament this year either. Sorry to disappoint.

I knew I shoulda competed in the one in 07 instead of just watching. I was short on cash though since I was just laid off back then.

Oh well

Thanks for that update.

At least in 2010, hopefully the Legends of Kung Fu will continue. That coupled with Master Scrima 1st even in Dallas with GM Lee will give us 2 kung fu tourneys in N TX at least.

Legends of Kung Fu is on, I just got the registraion packet in the mail two days ago. It will be July 17th through July 19th at the Plano Convention Center.

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    Legends of Kung Fu is on, I just got the registraion packet in the mail two days ago. It will be July 17th through July 19th at the Plano Convention Center.
    Yeah, but I wonder if they will skip next year like they did last year.