Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Glorified Kickboxer

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post

Of course it isn't, but there are reasons why such books are written. One of them includes providing information, sometimes basic, about given styles of kung fu. Perhaps you should buy Sun Lu Tang's book on Hsing I for your ex-sifu?
    Maybe you should put down the book and take some actual lessons in Xingyi before you offer any opinions about its basics.

That is funny because my profile says 8 years. Where have said this? Could it be something that you misunderstood or are jumping on the Lkfmdc/Sanjuro ronin/kansuke bandwagon?
    I was on the forum when people asked you about who your sifu was and how long had you been studying WC. You were talking about WC groundfighting that you hadn't gotten to learn yet. You said you studied with him for 2 years.

I think I was among a quite a few who pointed out that you shouldn't be advocating WC groundfighting if you hadn't had any lessons in it.

Since when do you agree with Hendrik?

Furthermore, I would rather listen to Hendrik than to you any day. He is a REAL kung fu practitioner something that seems to be rare in this forum.
    Please do listen to Hendrik. He's not telling you what you want to hear this time. He's giving his opinion which doesn't agree with your books.

You misunderstand. My insight comes from Sun Lu Tang's head.
    It's not your insight then, it's his. You don't have the personal epiphany if you don't train it and make it work for yourself.

I could read everything anyone has to say about Wing Chun Kuen, and it may help me work on issues in the training, but unless I actually do the training it is "just all in my head". Physical skill requires physical training.
    Last edited by CFT; 04-03-2009 at 04:15 AM.

The Two Year Grandmaster lives in his little imagination.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund View Post

I was on the forum when people asked you about who your sifu was and how long had you been studying WC. You were talking about WC groundfighting that you hadn't gotten to learn yet. You said you studied with him for 2 years.
    owned

(amazing how in one year, he gained 6 more years of experience!)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

He may have been studying CMAs for a longer period, just 2 years with the Wing Chun.

which means it's just bull****

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    He may have been studying CMAs for a longer period, just 2 years with the Wing Chun.
    He claimed to 'study' something else in London, but he couldn't say what it was. It was a big secret so his 'foes' wouldn't know what deadly, deadly moves he has.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    owned

(amazing how in one year, he gained 6 more years of experience!)
    Keep selling the lie Lkfmdc. Where are the forum's moral guardians (Dale Dugas?) now???

I have been posting here as Hardwork8 for much longer than a year. People who are interested can look up my posts.

However, don't let the truth stop your attempts at character assassination. Boy, my promotion of TCMAs must really be hurting your kickboxing dvd sales as you just can't stop yourself from making your constant malicious attacks!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
    Maybe you should put down the book and take some actual lessons in Xingyi before you offer any opinions about its basics.
    Rooting principles are the same. Furthermore, some people here may read actual kung fu books for entertainment purposes but some of these books have academic value. When Sun Lu Tang made his disciple train his roots for 3 years (if memory serves me correctly) then that points to significance of roots in Hsing I.

Nowadays finding a Hsing I sifu/master with the quality of Sun Lu Tang, specially in the west, is not such an easy task. Again, the Mcdojo/kwoon phenomenom would suggest that 95% plus of kung fu schools in the West are mediocre.

Now think about your own references regarding your opinions on the roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund
    Your memory fails you. I studied with him for 3 and half years, training under him privately. Since then because of change of location, I have been studying with him on and off and alone in Wing Chun, together with other (style) sifu/kung fu training.

That is 8 years!

I think I was among a quite a few who pointed out that you shouldn't be advocating WC groundfighting if you hadn't had any lessons in it.
    I was pointing out that stand up grappling (kum na/Chin.na) together with ground fighting existed in Wing Chun, while you (MMA) guys were ridiculing the notion and making stupid comparisons with BJJ and WITHOUT HAVING TRAINED IT YOURSELVES!

Please do listen to Hendrik.
    I always listen to Hendrik. He has more kung fu knowledge in his little finger than all of you MMA "kung fu-ists" here put together.

He's not telling you what you want to hear this time.
    I don't expect him or anyone to agree with me all the time. However, he knows his kung fu. Whereas there are others here that don't seem to distinguish the differences between a kung fu hop and a boxing hop. Now that is sad!

He's giving his opinion which doesn't agree with your books.
    Not really the absorbing of force and following the force exist in internal styles. The roots training is not for one to have "solid" roots but to be able to flow in a manner that enables them to use earth energy. I am not talking about roots as making you an immovable object but roots that help you to "link" your body/structure and help you flow while using earth energy to contribute to your power. There is a KUNG FU way of doing that and there is Glorified Kickboxing way of hopping around a-la a boxer/TKD-ist.

I hope that you understand what I am saying now. If you don't, then I hope that you find some quality books to supplement your training.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 04-03-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    It's not your insight then, it's his. You don't have the personal epiphany if you don't train it and make it work for yourself.
    I have seen the relevance of kung fu roots (as opposed to boxing roots) by training Wing Chun and other kung fu. Sun Lu Tang's book was a reference to the point (about the importance of kung fu roots) I was trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    I could read everything anyone has to say about Wing Chun Kuen, and it may help me work on issues in the training, but unless I actually do the training it is "just all in my head". Physical skill requires physical training.
    You are correct but again I got my physical skill and understanding of BASIC kung fu concepts from my Wing Chun and other kung fu training. Any books I read are to enhance my knowledge in relation to what I practice.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 04-04-2009 at 12:09 PM.

together with other (style) sifu/kung fu training.

What style/sifu was that, TYGM?

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    What style/sifu was that, TYGM?
    No, it wasn't TYGM.