Thread: Summer Bash Tournament

listen_grasshopper Guest

Summer Bash Tournament

On june 3rd there will be the annually held summer bash tournament at Murry Bergtraum highschool. I was curious to know if there will be any mantis schools that will attend/compete. Currently there isn't a mantis division. But im sure that we can change that if enough people make the suggestion for one towards the "organizer" of the tournament. I personally would love to see a mantis only division and hopefully other's will as well..

the link for the tournament is here
    http://www.usawkf.com/bash/index.html

loki Guest
    An all mantis division would be great. I have attended the last few Summer Bashes and I have to say that there has not been much mantis. The only mantis school that represented the last time I was there was Sifu Mike Webstone's (sp?) school and a few guys from Su yu Chang's school. I've seen a lot of southern styles mainly.

I was hoping to compete this year but I may be landing a new job within the next couple of weeks and I don't know if I'll even be able to make it to the event. But I hope others can make it and represent.

Peace :)

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

wisdom mind Guest

MANTIS SECTION! LETS DO IT!

ME AND A FELLOW WU WARRIOR ARE ALL ABOUT AN ALL MANTIS CATEGORY!!!! HOW CAN WE MAKE THIS HAPPEN?

EITHER WAY ILL BE THERE -

wisdom mind Guest

lets really do this

I FEEL THAT IT SHOULD BE TRULY AN ALL MANTIS DIVISION, NOT SPECIFICALLY 7* - ALL MANTIS FAMILY SHOULD BE ABLE TO REPRESENT!

[This message was edited by centerline vortex on 05-10-01 at 12:18 PM.]

seung ga faat Guest

All Mantis!!!!!!!

Last years summer bash was great. Hey Loki My students competed at the last one, also,7 Star must represent!
    The Seung Ga Clan will be back and in full effect at this summer bash. Bring on the all Mantis division. Do you feel me Tye? :)

Thanx, Sifu Othal Thomas

wisdom mind Guest

Sifu Thomas!

Do you know a way that we can work the event planners into having an all Mantis division?

obviously there is interest!

I look forward to the competition!

listen_grasshopper Guest

contact info

I'm glad to see an interest in an all mantis division for the summer bash tournament, I was a litte dicouraged by the lack of responses. But apparently things appear to be moving a long a little better. From what I was told, the best course of action for everyone who supports this idea is to email who I believe is the organizer(s). Make them aware of your interest of an all mantis division. The more email's they, the better are our chances.

We only have until june 3rd people. Lets see if we can make this happen...
    AND KEEP UP THE RESPONSES

link to the contact info page
    http://www.usawkf.com/bash/contact.html

loki Guest
    The man to speak with is Arnaldo "Ty" Nunez. I have spoken with him via e-mail before. I'm sure he would consider it if he gets alot of requests.

Sifu Thomas, hope to see you there!
    :)

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

wisdom mind Guest

Mr. Nunez says OK!!!!

He wrote me and stated it would be an honor, however, we need to organize the judges...
    here is the email he sent to me:

"It would be a pleasure & honor having one. The onlything I requested, that there are least four
    sifu/instructors able to judge it. I personally know three individuals, but I haven't been able to contact them, because this division has been a last minutething. Also, that the division be only for advanced adult

Therefore, spread the word, and get me a list ofjudges. When registration,make off Northern, DaphneCurtis, Willy Pang, and myself would be aware.

SO WHO CAN JUDGE THIS?????