Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't anyone shown off their internal powers?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I've seen video of Dale taking comitted shots and seemingly not noticing them.

In the sake of accuracy and fairness they were body shots and they were thrown by his students however they didn't look like they were pulling the punches.

It could have been staged.

But based on the balance of probability I think that Dale is, at the very least, able to take a punch well. And for that he gets my respect because it's a d@mn sight more than we can say verifiably about most of the other people on this forum.

Likewise I've seen photographs and videos of Knifefighter fighting. And he does so well enough that I respect him for it.

But both of them can be royal @sses when the mood takes them.

The video of me demoing Iron Vest has two instructors of the Jiulong Baguazhang Association hitting me.

They are not students and know how to hit hard. It was also not staged. You can click on my logo in my sig and go to my website and click on iron skills and then iron vest. The video is there for all to see.

The camera used was the vid funtion on someones little digital camera. Not the greatest camera to be using. Hopefully get some better film this year with bigger people hitting me.

The two in question are:

Dr. Yancy Orchard from Canada and Bob Maio from New Hampshire.

Also mouthboxers are people who never post anything about themselves. Never show proof of anything. They only do it via their oral cavity hence the moniker Mouth Boxer.

I do not call KF a mouthboxer.

The mouthboxers here know who they are.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 03-24-2009 at 10:27 AM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Please tell me you are not so ignorant as to mistake a GI (coarse cotton clothes used in JMA adapted from Samurai undergarments) with a kimono (a silk robe worn by women as an outer garment in traditional Japanese culture).
    Uhhh, sorry dude but the Gracies also refer to a Gi as a Kimono.

Royce Gracie Kimono #1 Blue BJJ Uniform by Atama Kimonos http://www.karatedepot.com/un-jj-68.html

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post

Royce Gracie Kimono #1 Blue BJJ Uniform by Atama Kimonos http://www.karatedepot.com/un-jj-68.html

Yeah the Brazilians made a mistake and did not correct it.

Oh well....

It is a gi and not a kimono.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    By using your structure to lift it rather than only your tendons and muscles.

Use of whole body power and utilization is internal in my opinion.

Plus my door is always open.

Anyone can come hit me anytime, and see that I can accept what you throw at me.

I also would love to be hit both hardwork and boulderdawg as they would finally see what true kung fu training can do for someone.
    could you expand on this?

what is "whole body power" and "structure". ultimately any mechanical lifting or movement in general involves only contraction of the muscles to produce movement.

you can alter your body position for leverage

I personally would love to test your "Iron Crotch" technique.
    Okay, thats goin' in my sig.

Not sure how anyone can cal Dale a mouthboxer....
    He not only has an open door policy ( care it will hit you on the way out), he also goes to that Tai chi hippy festival in a skirt and lets people hit him.
    Kinky?
    Sure.
    Freaky?
    Possitively.
    Mouthboxing?
    Hardly.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

where can i find photos/vids of knifefighter fighting?

I
    Likewise I've seen photographs and videos of Knifefighter fighting. And he does so well enough that I respect him for it.

But both of them can be royal @sses when the mood takes them.

Quote Originally Posted by clam61 View Post
    Optimization of leverage and balance.
    Correct distribution of weight throughout body.
    Correct application of force to direct the force of the body efficiently to the striking surface while minimalizing peripheral loss.

In other words stuff any fighter (hell any athlete) does.

And ask Knifefighter - he posted them. Again this was ages ago... maybe 3 years.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

ya i remember him posting a couple years back. an mma fight or maybe a jiujitsu match, i forget.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ya i remember him posting a couple years back. an mma fight or maybe a jiujitsu match, i forget.
    He was in a couple of the Dog brothers clips too, he is one by the way, and there was also that "WC vs Grappling" clip of Rashad's, that was strickly two guys having fun.
    Regardless of his online persona, dale always look like he is enjoying himself, like one should when we do what we love.
    He is also a 2nd degree BB in BJJ.
    This is knifefighter Dale, not Dale Dugas.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

ya, i know out of the community here KFdale is someone i certainly listen to when he speaks, as i do know he does speak from first hand experience. his opinions and views can be extreme at times regarding certain peoples, but i think all the air heads here get to him sometimes.

it can be hard to sift through the masses on line here. but there are several people here worth paying attention to.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

the story about the bucket was to show how I ****ed up. I said it was an old bucket (the plastic had gone white) and was brittle. The story was about how my fingers were curved and not straight and that is why it happened. I also explained that I nearly cut my fingers off trying to get it out. I didnt post it as a hey Im great, it was just a story that I found funny. I dont have anything to sell, I have people that I teach but it is for free so I have people to train with, not selling dit dar jow, iron body programs etc.
    My point is that you did the whole feather thing about how you would accept any challenge then you add that it is only body shots. Ive seen people take full force shots to the body, they weren't internal masters just guys that got hit alot and have a good core.
    No I probably couldn't take a full force shot from some big guy (Im 5"3 and 55kgs) but I can block them which is alot more usefull. As Phil said which you took as a compliment, you must be good cause heaps of good people have been smashed for openly challenging everyone. Emin boztepe (MMA guys showed up and he backed down) and william cheung (the emin thing and also an australian teacher challenged him at his school and he refused) learnt that the hard way.
    And I don't put photos or videos on the net, I find it embarrasing. I normally only video myself as a way of checking my techniques and seeing what I have to work on. Barry always said, "while people were taking photos to show how good they are, I trained to make myself better." In all you may not know who I am but the important people know who I am so I dont care. I have trained in hong kong and china and trained with many people. As far as Im concerned the best guy in VT, Barry Lee knows who I am and has said that I am good enough to have a school, (there are only about five in the world that have Barry's permission to have a school in his name). I dont have to prove my training to a circus freak that is good at taking a punch, I block them, it works heaps better.

Touche Benny!!!

Hows Bill by the way.......... if you dont remember me its Glenn from Gosford way many years ago (Nicks senior)
    Hope youre well

Glenn

ps. i agree with the body shot thing. I know plenty of guys thta can take big shots to the body and wear them
    Maybe us aussies are just a bit tougher

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    1) I don't see how a strong neck can stop your brain rattling around inside your skull. It might help prevent whiplash type injuries and help maintain your posture, but otherwise?
    Already covered by LSW but this is well-quoted lore in fighting forums... read a medical study somewhere to back it up too: if I can find it I will.

Nobody really knows what causes a KO physiologically, but there appear to be two main types: there's one when the head gets twisted and there's one when it gets snapped (the whiplash effect). The second one seems to be a double impact of the brain on the inside of the skull. Neck strength supposedly has a direct correlation.

2) When the medical profession is calling into question the wisdom in heading a soccer/foot ball, does one really want to actually train impacts to the head?
    Chee, I'm surprised at you! 'The medical profession'? Where does he live?! You can find a medical professional to support any whackjob BS you care to invent... there're all sorts out there!

3) If it works why do professional fighters not use this head conditioning?
    Again covered by LWS, but a lot of pro fighters do. Namely pretty much all Thai fighters. Youtube Buakaw: there's a vid of him do some crazy neck exercises including some horrible lifts with a DB in his teeth. Of course, this is for pulling the head out of a clinch, but it also strengthens the neck for impact. Most grapplers do neck bridges IME, and again while this is for placemenmt in the clinch I suspect it makes them a lot harder to KO. Also, have you ever seen a boxer with a pencil neck?!

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Yeah the Brazilians made a mistake and did not correct it.

Oh well....

It is a gi and not a kimono.
    Dale is right. A lot of westerners call juujutsu (the Hepburn romanisation) jiu jitsu and all kinds of horrible things which Japanese people wouldn't understand... which is OK, since these b@stardized forms have entered English. Buuut, check kimono in an English dictionary: it's there as the gown-like court and formal wear item in Japan (women and men), not as a gi (which is... a gi!). Therefore in Japanese and English, kimono means the same, and I for one don't care if the Brazilians use it wrongly, it's more than welcome to enter Portuguese in any way they want it, but I'm against the dumbing down of English because people are too ****ing lazy.

Incidentally, technically, in Japan, any clothes are kimono... so that could include a gi. The literal meaning is 'wearing-things'. But, if you say kimono to a Japanese person they think of the same kimono we do. Nobody would think gi, dougi, youfuku (western clothes) or any other distinction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, the whole premise of this thread is bull****. Just thought I'd tell ya. There is no internal: there is structure and body mechanics that work and those that don't. If a guy can knock me over, knock me out, submit me or otherwise control me a high percentage of the time, and he has something he can show me that I can use, even if it's a trick I can use immediately with a longer practised deeper method behind it, I'll try to learn from him.

Internal-external is bollocks, and thus so is this thread.

Dale D has certain body skills I would love to learn. I already train a lot, and his way takes a long time, and I don't have a teacher of that kind, so that's that. I'm sure Hendrik could show me a lot, but unfortunately I don't think I'm ever going to meet him either. Robert Chu does things differently from me, but I'm pretty sure I have a good handle on where he's coming from... and when I move back to the UK I will probably look up Alan Orr for seminars and whatnot. KF and the Dog Brothers? Hell yeah, more I'll be looking up when I get back to the UK. Even Ali Rahim, who as all of you probably know round here is the person I think possibly most full of **** on many levels, is probably a very nice guy and could probably teach me a lot. Get it? Why the **** do we have to have these stupid bickering matches like a bunch of old women eraly doors at a jumble sale, I'll never know. Internal/external? Who the **** cares?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more point: iron body's cool, but since this is a wing chun forum, anyone ever hear of 'iron limbs, tofu body'? Maybe I'm misquoting that, but toughening up your body for conditioning is only one way to go. In my two plus years of full contact MMA I don't know if I can take a body shot... probably not! Why? Because I'm a natural at riding them, sucking them in, shucking them off, angling them away. The one body shot that landed properly was a kick to the solar plexus which really ****ed me up (TKO). So I have 100% failure rate at that... but somehow I don't feel too bad... I've done some stuff with systema guys that works very well in getting you to absorb the damage, some in a very similar way to the chun I learnt. (Maybe that's internal - as I said, I don't give a ****) And if you watch Mayweather or Fedor you can see amazing angling, shucking off and absorption.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Maybe us aussies are just a bit tougher
    Yeah mate, that's because the even sheep carry flick-knives for protection now...!
    Last edited by Mr Punch; 03-24-2009 at 05:24 PM.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by clam61 View Post
    could you expand on this?

what is "whole body power" and "structure". ultimately any mechanical lifting or movement in general involves only contraction of the muscles to produce movement.

I teach this via my classes here in Boston.

You can also host me at your location and I will gladly show you how this concept relates to all martial arts, and life.

Let me know how I can be of service to you.