Thread: angry white pyjmas

angry white pyjmas

who's read that book?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Is this that game of rhetoric?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Is this that game of rhetoric?
    He is just trying to convince everyone that knuckleheads read books as well.

I've read it. It's about a British guy who (more or less, I read it years ago) who takes the Tokyo Riot Police induction course. The base MA is Aikido, but these guys aren't tree huggers or granola eaters.

Entertaining, funny in parts.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I read it too. Just wondering what Fred's question was...

FWIW, my experience of Robert Twigger's experience is slightly more critical than most who've read it. He seems like a typical Oxford-educated effete wuss to me, and it seems as though his narrative comes from that. Some of his observations, martial and otherwise, are strictly coming from the 'doesn't have a clue' angle.

It is, in places, good though... I agree.

As for Yoshinkan, a lot of people who don't know aikido seem to think it's bad-ass. I've met a few of them who can use it, and definitely met some kenshusei alumni who I wouldn't mess with at all, but that's probably because they were psychos to start with (it does attract a certain kind of person). I've met more Yoshinkan guys who could no more use it in a fight than some of the aikikai or Iwama variants. In fact, its breaking down of every move into its components 'by the numbers' is a serious drawback and even disadvantageous compared to most aiki people.

Same as Daito-ryu. That seems to have a good rep compared to 'fruity' aiki, but to be honest, most of that is seriously watered-down crap nowadays too. They don't practise the core body exercises at all these days.

Just my opinion, obviously, and no dig at you, Andrew.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I've seen some very god Yoshinkan and some Horrid Yoshinkan, both from the same dojo.
    fact is, Aikido is one of those systems that the majority will never be able to use in a "real" fight, simple because they never train it that way.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

my question is basically about peoples opinions of the book

and thats worked

also props to everyone for not responding to hw
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    my question is basically about peoples opinions of the book

and thats worked

also props to everyone for not responding to hw
    I didn't ask them a question so why should they respond?