Thread: no school like the old school

no school like the old school

-leung kar yan on blood relations.

Action Star Leung Kar Yan Directs Blood Relations
    -- Blood Relations --
    《血缘》 Blood Relations (tentative), an action-packed martial arts film directed by Leung Kar Yan, has just begun production recently in Xi-an and is expected to take three months to shoot. The film reunites Leung Kar Yan with Gordon Liu. It also stars Leung Kar Yan's son Leung Ho Yee, Yin Dan Dan, Wu Tian Ze.

Blood Relations is a patriotic story set in the early 1900s Republican period when China was facing Japanese invasion. Tycoon Qin Ling, a philanthropic but unassuming person, is being extorted by the Japanese. Qin Ling refuses to comply. As head of the household, to ensure the safety of his family and his servants, and to foil the scheme of the Japanese, Qin Ling disperses his family and wealth, and dismisses his servants.

However, the Japanese send martial arts exponents to massacre his entire family. His youngest son, Qin Yun, who's actually not related to him by blood, returns from studies abroad, and trains hard in martial arts to defeat the Japanese, eventually realising the kind intentions of his father.

Director Leung Kar Yan says that he would be playing Qin Ling, while Gordon Liu his close friend, who's also an anti-Japanese guerilla, and both would have several fight scenes, "Blood Relations is a 100% action film, with authentic martial arts sequences, not just empty poses."

Gordon Liu, who's recently been approached by Shaw Brothers to do some remakes of their classics and hopes to do a film on Choy Li Fut in the near future, says, "Today's youths would turn on the PCs once they wake up, and often neglect traditional stuff. So, I and director Leung are planning a series of films showcasing traditional kungfu, to expose more youths to Chinese kungfu and let them better understand Chinese culture." QQ, Xi-An Evening News

Wow, never heard that storyline before !
    LOL !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

i know. i was like wow. thats why i titled it no school like the old school. cause thats a super rehashed plot. but lets see how he does it.

sweet sh*t
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Cool. Hope it turns out good.