Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicotine and M.A.

Nicotine and M.A.

Do any of you folks regularly use nicotine products? If so have you all seen any draw backs due to the use of nicotine? Have you quit using nicotine products and seen an improvement in your overall performance, injury recovery times so forth? thanks
    Forget about Yesterday, Live for Today and Pray for Tomorrow
    www.Weaponsathand.com

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenTitanium View Post
    Do any of you folks regularly use nicotine products? If so have you all seen any draw backs due to the use of nicotine? Have you quit using nicotine products and seen an improvement in your overall performance, injury recovery times so forth? thanks
    quit.

quit now.

stay quit.

no one can justify the use of it in concert with any fitness regime.

It is and always will be a detriment to performance and health. Non smoke or smoke variety. all no good for you.

No escaping that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    quit.

quit now.

stay quit.

no one can justify the use of it in concert with any fitness regime.

It is and always will be a detriment to performance and health. Non smoke or smoke variety. all no good for you.

No escaping that.

And my wife is trying to make her mind up to stop smoking and go on to using nicotine patches. Now I have to tell her that patches are no good for her either.

I suppose it is just deciding to quit and going throught whatever pain and discomfort one will encounter. If you have other tips then please let me know.

like nicotine gum? not jsut cigarettes correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    like nicotine gum? not jsut cigarettes correct?
    Was that directed at me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    And my wife is trying to make her mind up to stop smoking and go on to using nicotine patches. Now I have to tell her that patches are no good for her either.

I suppose it is just deciding to quit and going throught whatever pain and discomfort one will encounter. If you have other tips then please let me know.
    visit a hospice, check out an ICU.

visit a cancer ward or look up emphysema.

If that doesn't give you tips on why you should quit now, I don't know what will.

ask yourself this, is your petty addiction to a destructive drug worth more than your quality of life or your life itself.

It's a no brainer. There shouldn't be any reaosn to not quit.

Going through a few cravings is no big deal. Carry a water bottle and every time you wanna smoke or use tobacco, have a drink of water.

cessation aids just protract the quitting. not to mention, those "aids" are made by the same companies or their derivatives and partners that are selling you death on the long form.

It's legal, but it is a killer, make no bones about it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Well at least we are headed in the right direction. fifty years ago the vast majority of Americans smoked(They even had the Flintstones doing winston commercials) but now that seems to be doing away fast.

Personally I never understood it. It's highly addictive, it doesn't get you high, it destroys your health and it's socially frowned upon....why start?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    visit a hospice, check out an ICU.

visit a cancer ward or look up emphysema.

If that doesn't give you tips on why you should quit now, I don't know what will.

ask yourself this, is your petty addiction to a destructive drug worth more than your quality of life or your life itself.

It's a no brainer. There shouldn't be any reaosn to not quit.

Going through a few cravings is no big deal. Carry a water bottle and every time you wanna smoke or use tobacco, have a drink of water.

cessation aids just protract the quitting. not to mention, those "aids" are made by the same companies or their derivatives and partners that are selling you death on the long form.

It's legal, but it is a killer, make no bones about it.
    Very good advice and thank you. There is a long road ahead but it should be taken, sooner rather than later.

However, I don't smoke, it is the wife who is having trouble giving it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Well at least we are headed in the right direction. fifty years ago the vast majority of Americans smoked(They even had the Flintstones doing winston commercials) but now that seems to be doing away fast.

Personally I never understood it. It's highly addictive, it doesn't get you high, it destroys your health and it's socially frowned upon....why start?
    A lot of kids start just to fit in the crowd. I was never bothered about fitting in the crowd when I was a kid. I was happy with a couple of best friends and my family.

I don't know about the effects aside from the obvious, but there was once this guy in my class who was a huge cigarette smoker and oh man, when he started to sweat he smelled like ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Was that directed at me?
    nope, sorry i should have quoted initial poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post
    I don't know about the effects aside from the obvious, but there was once this guy in my class who was a huge cigarette smoker and oh man, when he started to sweat he smelled like ****.

That could be anything. I knew this girl I worked with....extremely hot and did not smoke but you could her breath five feet away!

I also had a friend with a few mental problems who just quit bathing...very embarrassing when he shows up to a social function at your house!

I smoked for a long time. When I became serious about martial arts I quit and never looked back.

One of the best decisions of my life.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

oh, and as far as your actual question goes;

everything gets easier.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

funny thing is my sifu showed me a picture of this champion fighter form mongolia and he was walking down the street with a smoke in his mouth. I laughed and said this top fighter smokes? to which he replied all great martial artists smoke... though that was funny but true, many of the old masters were opium smokers. go figure
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."