Thread: jimmy wang yu dissed

jimmy wang yu dissed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6AMdS8j5f4

basically he was and probably still is an *******. according to well according to everybody.

There's a lot of stories about Jimmy being a very nasty man on set. Aparently he liked to hit people for real in his movies. That seems to come up every time an actor talks about him.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

never heard of this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

You've never heard of the One Armed Swordsman/Boxer????

People going around and dissing Jimmy's wang, that's just uncalled for !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    You've never heard of the One Armed Swordsman/Boxer????
    oh thats who it is? yeah i got some of his movies h: i dont know those shaw brother/old hk guys by name too well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Two wongs don't make a wang

Check out our archived e-zine article: Jimmy Wong Yu: “THE” One-Armed Swordsman by Craig Reid
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

When I was in Taiwan, I heard from a lot of people that Jimmy Wang Yu was a gangster or something. He supposedly got into lots of fights, and an infamous one happened near the Lung Shan Temple/Snake Alley area. Yeah, he sounds like he was a real winner to work with. Anybody can be a tough guy and hit other people when he's the star and doing a choreographed fight. Some years ago there were some lawsuits against Van Damme for doing the exact same thing on the sets of Cyborg and No Retreat No Surrender.

it was universal soldier. and actually can dammes case was different since it was only once and i heard it was either an accident. or it was a stunt gonewrong something to that effect.

Wang Yu's Chinese Boxer was the first kung fu movie I saw and yes I had been told by a Hong Kong friend of mine about him being a gangster.

He should thank the crew for making him look halfway decent. He had an ugly fighting style. His back kick was a joke and would be a way to say to a buddy doing a kick "wow that was as bad as a Wang Yu''.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    it was universal soldier. and actually can dammes case was different since it was only once and i heard it was either an accident. or it was a stunt gonewrong something to that effect.
    My bad. Though I do remember that the first guy Van Damme fought in No Retreat No Surrender (I think his name was Tim Baker, a former traditional karate champion) was extremely P.O.'d about Van Damme's lack of control on set. I thought he was going to sue, but maybe it came to nothing.

I liked Wang Yu in The One-Armed Swordsman and Master of the Flying Guillotine, or maybe I just liked the movies themselves, with or without him. But I agree with banditshaw that his kicks, and pretty much everything else, were awful. His fighting movements looked like someone trying to manipulate an action figure. Maybe part of his problem of hitting people on set was his lack of coordination. Which is odd, since he was supposedly an Olympic-level athlete (swimming and/or diving). I would have though something would have carried over to M.A. Being willing/able to scrap in real life doesn't necessarily help onscreen.

Greetings,

Van Damme was sued for Cyborg, amng others. I remember reading that he was sued for damaging a stuntman's eye with a kick.

mickey