Thread: Praying Mantis seminar in Indianapolis

Praying Mantis seminar in Indianapolis

For those interested there will be a Seven Star Praying Mantis seminar in Indianapolis, Indiana, on May 9. Due to the time frame and space requirements I have to limit participation to invitation only, no walkins. Topics to be covered include 8 hard and 12 soft methods and also the 18 Elders form. If this is something of interest to you throw me an email and I can give you more specifics.

John
    wickdebb@sbcglobal.net
    WHF Clan

Seminar Update

Only a few weeks to go. We still have some room left. If you think you may want to attend then throw me an email. This will be a good seminar to learn or brush up on the listed topics. The seminar is being taught by Sifu Henry Chung. Sifu Chung has about 50 years of Praying Mantis training in the WHF Clan.

John
    WHF Clan

Wow, I hadn't heard that Sifu Chung was going down to Indianapolis to teach that. That is pretty cool. I'm glad he can get down there since you guys were just up in Midland not that long ago.

That's sweet! Good luck with the seminar, hope you guys have a great time.
    Best of wishes and safe travels to Sifu Chung as well.

How'd it go?

It was very good. We had a small group which meant we got more personal instruction from Sifu Chung. I need to go through the 8 hard methods again to get a better grasp on them. I hope to have Sifu Chung back down next year.
    WHF Clan

Thats great! I'm glad you guys had an awesome time.
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Glad things went well. Sap Baht Sao is a very enjoyable form!

Glad to hear it went well! I miss the Midland tournament, hope Sifu Chung will resurrect it someday....

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but if anyone is interested, Sifu Li Yen Huo and his class will be doing a demonstration of tai chi and tai chi praying mantis at the Grand Rapids Festival of the Arts in downtown Grand Rapids, MI. We perform at 1 pm on Saturday, June 6. We will be performing cck tcpm tai chi and mantis forms. There will also be audience participation in chi kung breathing excercises and warm up, introduction to push hands and moves from tai chi forms. Sifu Li also may show some self defense moves. Here are some pics from last year's performance. We are performing in the "Adult Involvement" are behind the County Bldg. (see attached map)Attachment 5221
    Last edited by TaichiMantis; 05-15-2009 at 06:54 AM.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Hey Taichimantis,

Sounds awesome! can you pm me directions or a map if possible? thanks a lot, i would like to check it out.
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

John, did you get any good photos from the seminar? Love to see them if you put them up on your site.

Only took a few group photos, no action pics. I did get the 8 hard on video and the 2-man set for the 8 hard. I'll post the group pictures on the web once I get them.

John
    WHF Clan